Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Crisis on Infinite Earths animated trilogy rumored

If the rumors are accurate, this would make a lot of sense. The unnamed villain from JSA WW2 was Psycho Pirate. The next animated movie is featuring John Stewart, the GL from Crisis. The Anti-Monitor, Qward, Krona, and the creation of the Multiverse are all GL concepts.

Fliescher Superman could easily assume the role of the Earth-2 Superman, fighting alongside the TAS Batman and Katic's Wonder Woman. Tim Daly's Superman could watch his Supergirl die. Matt Boomer's Flash might sacrifice himself to save the multiverse...or maybe it'll be Michael Rosenbaum's Wally.

Again, I stress that this is just a rumor t this point, but the pieces are certainly there.

Let's hope the Injustice Earth gets obliterated first

Maybe DC wants to remind as many fans as possible that they started this whole multiverse thing that’s taken over the comic book world.

Can't wait to see how they make Batman the main character and focus. Maybe the iconic Supergirl image will be Bruce holding Superman.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Can't wait to see how they make Batman the main character and focus. Maybe the iconic Supergirl image will be Bruce holding Superman.
    I think Batman Who Laughs is an almost mathematical certainty if this does indeed happen.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If the rumors are accurate, this would make a lot of sense. The unnamed villain from JSA WW2 was Psycho Pirate. The next animated movie is featuring John Stewart, the GL from Crisis. The Anti-Monitor, Qward, Krona, and the creation of the Multiverse are all GL concepts.

Fliescher Superman could easily assume the role of the Earth-2 Superman, fighting alongside the TAS Batman and Katic's Wonder Woman. Tim Daly's Superman could watch his Supergirl die. Matt Boomer's Flash might sacrifice himself to save the multiverse...or maybe it'll be Michael Rosenbaum's Wally.

Again, I stress that this is just a rumor t this point, but the pieces are certainly there.

Let's hope the Injustice Earth gets obliterated first

I would love it if this were true. Can you post a link to your source please?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I figured that would be the case after they introduced JSA on a seperate Earth.

I haven't heard any rumors, but if that is the direction the DTV line is heading towards, I hope they take their time with it and don't rush into it like some of the major stories of the past animated movie continuity, and they have some kind of endgame or good story idea behind it.

I mean, I've had ideas about an animated Crisis ever since the live-action Crisis, and while the execution kind of stumbled with the latter, they at least properly built up to it. I mean, the universe already just got Flashpoint-ed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Maybe DC wants to remind as many fans as possible that they started this whole multiverse thing that’s taken over the comic book world.
    And their animated universes have always been popular and iconic even when the movies have faltered.

Makes sense, I’m sure WB wants DC to play up the Multiverse so they can go “see, SEE, we’re just honoring DC’s history, our pivot to the Multiverse totally isn’t just to copy Marvel or because we epically failed building our own shared universe!”

Hope they give them a big budget for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Here’s the only source I could find.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My guess is if they do this, it will just be versions made up for this project and severely scaled down from the original premise. Like the Arrow-verse did. It might be an attempt to fix the animated movie universe.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My guess is if they do this, it will just be versions made up for this project and severely scaled down from the original premise. Like the Arrow-verse did. It might be an attempt to fix the animated movie universe.
    Don’t think there’s anything “wrong” with the animated universe. They ended the old DCAMU and have started a new one.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Makes sense, I’m sure WB wants DC to play up the Multiverse so they can go “see, SEE, we’re just honoring DC’s history, our pivot to the Multiverse totally isn’t just to copy Marvel or because we epically failed building our own shared universe!”

Hope they give them a big budget for it.

Here’s the only source I could find.

Thank you!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There have been two animated Spider-Verse's that never actually brought together all the animated Spider-Man (Shattered Dimensions more or less did it, but it was a game) so that's definitely one thing they can do over Marvel, beyond having more popular animated continuities.
    Apparently this person leaked the Batman '89 and Superman '78 comics before they were announced, which is where the credibility comes from.
    I don't see what's the point of an animated Crisis if you don't use recognizable animated versions of the characters.

They put a bullet in the head of the previous animated movie universe, so currently there's nothing to fix.

Wonder how feasible getting the voice casts from a bunch of the past DC animated shows would be for something like this.

This is going to happen in every genre eventually. It's not much of a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Like I said, this is a rumor only. Any source I could give you right now would simply be repeating that same rumor I heard. I'm sure it'll be in the headlines of dozens of clickbait "news" sites soon enough, but that doesn't mean it's any more or less of a rumor for the moment.