Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Agency is her making her own decisions and taking matters into her own hands. Even if she needs help, it's still her *decision* to seek that help and set these acts in motion. I wonder if Beyond will try to hurt May? it's definitely something we know that can set Otto off. It'd be just like Otto if the token he gave her was also some kind of device that'd let him keep an extra eye on her. I don't think FEAST or Mr. Negative would be appropriate choices here.
    Yeah, I said a strong word because she makes one decision on her on.After that all she's doing is being incredibly h*rny for Otto for no reason(before you start I'm not saying she can't be, just that we haven't seen any reason for her to be YET.If they can give us an explanation that makes sense I'll happily eat my words), and inappropriately as well considering Peter's situation(not talking about Spidey since she doesn't know, I'm talking about the coma).Not to mention how contrived said decision is w/ them not calling the FF who would be the number one choice.Heck even Aunt May knows the FF, why didn't she go to the baxter building first?

I wonder if Beyond will try to hurt May? it's definitely something we know that can set Otto off.
    That's just using her for Ock's motives again.If they do this it's taking away agency from her much more than they gave her.

It'd be just like Otto if the token he gave her was also some kind of device that'd let him keep an extra eye on her.
    Agreed.

I don't think FEAST or Mr. Negative would be appropriate choices here.
    The former would be a massively better choice than Ock and in character.The dialogue clearly shows she's desperate before going to Ock, although it's clouded w/ all the h*rny.Why would she not try contacts from FEAST before going to this.

Mr negative wasn for getting info for underworld, not to mention she knows Martin Lee as well and last we saw of him he gave himself up for May and promised redemption for himself.The only reason Ock is a "better" choice is the couple thing.That and he's in NWH and a more sellable character
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 12-04-2021 at 04:08 AM.

Would be awesome to see May rescue Ock this time if things get dicey. Would love to see it.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

[QUOTE

The former would be a massively better choice than Ock and in character.The dialogue clearly shows she's desperate before going to Ock, although it's clouded w/ all the h*rny.Why would she not try contacts from FEAST before going to this.

Mr negative wasn for getting info for underworld, not to mention she knows Martin Lee as well and last we saw of him he gave himself up for May and promised redemption for himself.The only reason Ock is a "better" choice is the couple thing.That and he's in NWH and a more sellable character[/QUOTE]

Otto's a better choice because Peter's malady is essentially radiation based, and Otto was one of the world's foremost experts on radiation. As far as their "relationship" May's clearly playing to his ego and knows what buttons to push. Otto's never made a secret of his affections towards her.

May going to FEAST would be like me going to one of my co-workers, "say by any chance do you know someone with a PhD in radiology? I've got this friend with a problem..."

Extraordinary Member

Otto's a better choice because Peter's malady is essentially radiation based, and Otto was one of the world's foremost experts on radiation. As far as their "relationship" May's clearly playing to his ego and knows what buttons to push. Otto's never made a secret of his affections towards her.

May going to FEAST would be like me going to one of my co-workers, "say by any chance do you know someone with a PhD in radiology? I've got this friend with a problem..."
    I agree, that's why I said go to them first.And reading comics as long as you've been on here FEAST could easily have a doctor who deals w/ radiation or someone who knows someone.Mr. Negative wasn't for the radiation, just said it'd he cool if we see her call him to help like Maybe w/ Beyond.Also he can touch and kinda control a person.Then again why didn't she go to the baxter building?

As for her feeding into his ego, feel unnecessary to this extent.Even her asking would be more than enough, flirting on top sure but this is overkill.Then again if this is the case it makes some sense so here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Has May ever met Janine?
    As far as I know, no. They never met. Now we have a perfect opportunity for it. Everyone, except uncle Ben, is alive/free. Would be cool to see whole Parker family together in May's house for dinner (or dunno, some party for Peter's recovery). May, Peter & MJ, Ben & Janine, Kaine. And maybe Teresa. Knowing May, she would accept clone bros and it would give them a confidence boost. This with May knowing Peter was/is Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    As far as I know, no. They never met. Now we have a perfect opportunity for it. Everyone, except uncle Ben, is alive/free. Would be cool to see whole Parker family together in May's house for dinner (or dunno, some party for Peter's recovery). May, Peter & MJ, Ben & Janine, Kaine. And maybe Teresa. Knowing May, she would accept clone bros and it would give them a confidence boost. This with May knowing Peter was/is Spider-Man.
    Honestly even Janine meeting May if/when she goes to visit Peter(she isn't allowed to leave IIRC) and May's just sitting there would be cool as well.(I assume she knows Peter is Spider-man, does she?)

(I assume she knows Peter is Spider-man, does she?)
    It's never been all that clear with the clone thing after OMD. Ben did tell her he was a clone back in Lost Years but to my knowledge it's never been shown that she also knows who Peter is (although it makes sense that Ben would tell her as much).

Edit: silly me, actually Ben does say to her "I'm not Peter" near the end of the Redemption mini! So yeah, she knew at least before the mindwipe.
    Last edited by Webhead; 12-04-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Janine more than likely knows Peter is Spider-Man since in Wells' 2-parter Ben tells her "it's Peter, he's in pretty bad shape".
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I agree, that's why I said go to them first.And reading comics as long as you've been on here FEAST could easily have a doctor who deals w/ radiation or someone who knows someone.Mr. Negative wasn't for the radiation, just said it'd he cool if we see her call him to help like Maybe w/ Beyond.Also he can touch and kinda control a person.Then again why didn't she go to the baxter building?

As for her feeding into his ego, feel unnecessary to this extent.Even her asking would be more than enough, flirting on top sure but this is overkill.Then again if this is the case it makes some sense so here's hoping
    Sorry, misunderstood what you meant by involving FEAST. Would have been cool for May to reach out to Martin Li. As far as Otto/May goes, I don't think for a moment there's any romantic interest on her part, at least I hope not lol.

Oh man... Dan Slott gave me a taste for Otto Octavius trying to do good despite himself, and based on the preview, this looks like it might satisfy that too-often-starved hunger!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Janine more than likely knows Peter is Spider-Man since in Wells' 2-parter Ben tells her "it's Peter, he's in pretty bad shape".
    Yeah I know Ben name dropped him but I don't know if it's an editorial slip up or not.Looks like not

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Sorry, misunderstood what you meant by involving FEAST. Would have been cool for May to reach out to Martin Li. As far as Otto/May goes, I don't think for a moment there's any romantic interest on her part, at least I hope not lol.
    No problem , I should have worded it better

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

May likes her men thicc

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Oh man... Dan Slott gave me a taste for Otto Octavius trying to do good despite himself, and based on the preview, this looks like it might satisfy that too-often-starved hunger!
    It's great to see that side of him.

He actually did this once before during the original clone saga where he seemed to be having something of a mid-life crisis, he saved Peter (iirc again radiation poisoning) out of a kind of familiarity and even unmasked him. Then Kaine killed him, cutting off that interesting development and anything it could lead to. When he was resurrected they pulled the 'he remembered everything except the last few days before his death' trick.

If you've not seen it, it ran through Amazing Spider-Man #397-398 and Spectacular Spider-Man #220-221.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

He actually did this once before during the original clone saga where he seemed to be having something of a mid-life crisis, he saved Peter (iirc again radiation poisoning) out of a kind of familiarity and even unmasked him. Then Kaine killed him, cutting off that interesting development and anything it could lead to. When he was resurrected they pulled the 'he remembered everything except the last few days before his death' trick.

If you've not seen it, it ran through Amazing Spider-Man #397-398 and Spectacular Spider-Man #220-221.
    I happened to read that. It was curiously heartwarming, to see how much Otto had come to respect and even admire Peter despite their years of antagonism.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    It's amazing if you try to look at the accumulated baggage May has through her life as a character. She went from the well meaning but fragilized (with very good reason) mother figure, that could be a little windheaded now and then, to more or less "tough with an attitude" during the JMS run (which worked for her, sure), to going back to well meaning and kind of airheaded during BND and Slott, to kind-of-there-and-sometimes-stern during Spencer's run, and now we have "sharp witted with a retort on the tip of her tongue at every turn" May literally playing Otto's funnybits against him.

I know it's how cape comics work, and that different authors have different takes on characters. Call it my old age, but I just can't suspend my disbelief for that anymore as in "but that's the same character!". It ain't, and when it can only be excused with "different people are writing it", well, that's kind of a bad bar for fiction to set.

Hopefully Anna Maria doesn't get unintended second-hand jealousy out of this if anyone remembers the character exists any time. After all their history is... complicated, let's put it that way.
    To be fair, even JMS' version of her was an oddity with aunt May, she suddenly isn't a frail, 200 year old woman with dementia anymore.

This and JMS' run have her dealing with a different situation and used that to make her act differently, I don't see how this one is any worse.

Yeah, I said a strong word because she makes one decision on her on.After that all she's doing is being incredibly h*rny for Otto for no reason(before you start I'm not saying she can't be, just that we haven't seen any reason for her to be YET.If they can give us an explanation that makes sense I'll happily eat my words), and inappropriately as well considering Peter's situation(not talking about Spidey since she doesn't know, I'm talking about the coma).Not to mention how contrived said decision is w/ them not calling the FF who would be the number one choice.Heck even Aunt May knows the FF, why didn't she go to the baxter building first?
    Why would she call the F4? Since she doesn't know that Peter is Spidey anymore, most connections she could remember he has with them are gone.

At least she could assume there's something because of Peter's Horizon Lab days, but I think she only became involved with that pretty late, and when he wasn't really talking with F4 as much.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Huh, how many times have they done this with Otto? The clone Otto had the same thing going on (With better justification, but, still), and now the current Otto more or less had something like that done, but with him forgetting anything about Spidey's secret identity... Is it just those 3?