Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Cancelled the previous title just to relaunch at $5.00 and issue. lol

Sorry but if it isn't about Johnny or Danny then I'm not interested. Marvel has completely bastardized the concept of Ghost Rider.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Season's Greetings.

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Mighty Member

Welp, this is the end. My major problem for most of this run is the endings of these arcs have felt consistently quick and anti-climactic. I actually like this the ending of this arc well enough. I think it's a poor end for this whole saga that has been built up since Blackheart's defeat, but as an end to its own arc, it's alright. This run has essentially been a series of short adventures, not unlike the current Fantastic 4 run, and I think it's a format that has worked well for both F4 and Rider.

For me the one irritating thing about the run is that the way it always hints towards the grandiose while constantly dancing around it or tackling things in such an anti-climactic way makes me mourn the cancellation of Brisson's run, which was truly working up to being the epic ghost rider story that this one constantly pretended to be. This run makes me want that Game of Thrones Ghost Rider story so much more, and I'll never get it.

found the last issue to be very underwhelming. Agree with previous poster and this title being filled with anti-climactic endings to most of the story arcs. Still on the fence on whether to pick up the relaunch or not. Its not on my new pull list that I will be sending my LCS, at the moment.

BANNED

It feels less like a true relaunch since it's the same writer and Johnny is still on the cover of the first issue. This feels like one of those arcs in Iron Man where Rhodey fills in when Tony needs him, but it's short-lived and Tony remains in the book the whole time. I feel like this is just going to be a brief story without John as the Rider and it possesses Talia or whatever. I'm very over the endless parade of Ghost Riders, but I want to try it out and see what's what before deciding.

Spectacular Member

A weak end to what seemed like a promising start. Percy got rid of the only character he put any real focus on during this 21 issue run, and I seriously doubt his storytelling style can improve by the relaunch. Meh.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It feels less like a true relaunch since it's the same writer and Johnny is still on the cover of the first issue. This feels like one of those arcs in Iron Man where Rhodey fills in when Tony needs him, but it's short-lived and Tony remains in the book the whole time. I feel like this is just going to be a brief story without John as the Rider and it possesses Talia or whatever. I'm very over the endless parade of Ghost Riders, but I want to try it out and see what's what before deciding.
    Judging from the relaunch synopsis, whoever the replacement guy is is clearly a villain and that the story seems to be more focused on Johnny "undergoing an epic journey" to become GR again, which means you've probably guessed it right. https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ne...-blaze-marvel/

Guess we'll see, but I'm not holding out hope much. Percy's stories always seem to start out promising, only to end in middling/forgettable ways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chain and Pain View Post
    Judging from the relaunch synopsis, whoever the replacement guy is is clearly a villain and that the story seems to be more focused on Johnny "undergoing an epic journey" to become GR again, which means you've probably guessed it right. https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ne...-blaze-marvel/

Guess we'll see, but I'm not holding out hope much. Percy's stories always seem to start out promising, only to end in middling/forgettable ways.
    I'm not saying that I think Percy's writing style is going to change much, although I've found this to be one of the better GR runs in a long time. I just mean that I don't think fans of Johnny should be too worried about him being replaced on a long-term basis. I doubt Johnny's going anywhere. Honestly, I doubt Talia is gone, either. I have the classic Johnny GR tattooed on me, so I'm a big fan of the character and would be bummed out if I thought he was going anywhere.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

As a fan of the Ghost Rider who's first GR was Danny in the 90s then 2099, Johnny back, Alejandra and even Robbie then Frank/Cosmic I feel a sense of, at this point....really, again?
    The Spider-man fan in me feels that what is going on with GR is worse than the Peter/Ben/Kaine/Spidercide/Chasm/Jackal stuff.

I feel a bit burned out but am going to flip through that first issue and decide.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/park...w-ghost-rider/

So this happened.
    And going by the hints that the new Moon Knight is spoilers:
    Zodiac
    end of spoilers.
    It’s like Dark Reign all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/park...w-ghost-rider/

So this happened.
    And going by the hints that the new Moon Knight is spoilers:
    Zodiac
    end of spoilers.
    It’s like Dark Reign all over again.
    Well looks like I'm done with GR until this new run flop.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Oh come on not the fuc**ng Hood....

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

On the bright side...... in a sort of way to take this, its not a new character at least not falling into the issue previous Riders suffer from like Ketch and co.

Meaning this character's tenure can be safely ignored after this run.