Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Ghost Rider new series

Anyone else thinks that this new series is basically ignoring the last Ghost Rider run/stories?

I'm only hoping that Dan Ketch will be reinstated as the '90s Ghost Rider before all is said and done...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I'm only hoping that Dan Ketch will be reinstated as the '90s Ghost Rider before all is said and done...

Completely agree, Blaze should have NEVER become ghost rider again. He had a happy ending, now for reasons his kids are dead and Roxy( remember when she was black rose and ketch freed her from Blackheart??) is dead too for .......reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBlazed21 View Post
    Completely agree, Blaze should have NEVER become ghost rider again. He had a happy ending, now for reasons his kids are dead and Roxy( remember when she was black rose and ketch freed her from Blackheart??) is dead too for .......reasons...
    Yeah, definitely brings back memories (T^T)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah, definitely brings back memories (T^T)
    yeah the disrespect marvel gives to the 90's ghost rider ( especially the last 20 issues) pisses me off like no other

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBlazed21 View Post
    yeah the disrespect marvel gives to the 90's ghost rider ( especially the last 20 issues) pisses me off like no other
    I know, right?! At least they helped Blaze quit being a supernatural cyborg, though...

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-04-2021 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Anyone else thinks that this new series is basically ignoring the last Ghost Rider run/stories?
    Par for the course ever since Hammer Lane. Anyone else remember when chains and the Penance Stare were Danny's thing?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Well the write up for the series certainly indicates something isn't connecting. [Paraphrase]Johnny married and living a domestic life when the pull of the supernatural starts to tug at him[/prarphrase]...or some such description. I'm thinking this starting point is going to feel very similar to the current Black Widow run where Nat was brainwashed, married with a kid all due to some ruse by Arcade of all folks. We may find out Johnny doesn't
    A)have the life described by legit organic means or that
    B)it is all a mirage/magic/supernatural based hallucination.

I continue to loathe that they are co-opting all the best GR looks that belong to Danny and giving them to Johnny. If they only do one thing right by Danny I hope it is to undo the damage done to him in that last short series and re-instate him as the legit Ghost Rider that he is.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

there are so many ghost riders now it's like the Green Lanterns. I can't keep up.

Are there multiple spirits of vengeance? At one point it was Zarathos who is "truly" evil, then at one point in the Jason Aaron reboot, it was genuinely a "hand of God" spirit, leading to a bizarre rogue angels army storyline.. I vaguely remember years ago the "Noble Kane" story, the retcon of Danny and Johnny as half-siblings.. Fast forward to Robbie and the evil spirit who is his ghost rider (still?), and then the Latinx female ghost rider shortly who was short lived..

"Sat_n" was behind Johnny's curse at first.. then Mephisto.. (and did it reverse again? I don't know..)

Plus all of the various glimpses of folks we've seen hinted at by Mr. Aaron, from global cultures, throughout history.

There's a lot.

I wish that it was all finally clarified.

It probably won't be. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I continue to loathe that they are co-opting all the best GR looks that belong to Danny and giving them to Johnny. If they only do one thing right by Danny I hope it is to undo the damage done to him in that last short series and re-instate him as the legit Ghost Rider that he is.
    Right on, Captain Craig! Glad to know that I'm not the only one that has loathsome feelings towards Dan's POWER loss & subsequent "upgrade".

I've ignored many Ghost Rider runs/stories. It's just good policy.

Which was?

Hey I could not read the latest Ghost Rider run.
    Sooooo......was this a "reset" or just ignoring the previous run/stories?

or is this still in continuity with the last run?

Mighty Member

Kind of par for the course to be honest. There are few franchises known for cherry picking continuity to the extent Ghost Rider regularly does. You will be left assuming something isn't canon, and then two runs later those same plot points will show up even if they no longer make any sense. I don't think there's really any significant implication here, at least no more than literally any other modern run.
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 07-04-2022 at 01:19 PM.

BANNED

Is the last Ghost Rider run over and done with? If it is then nope... So far, I'm digging the new "female" Ghost Rider.