Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

What is that giant mech-shell going to be used for and by whom?
    Clearly it is going to be used against Ghost Rider.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

read issue 14, another very quick read where not a lot happened. Art was stellar as always. Not sure the reason for the back-up no one asked for, wasn't worth paying an extra dollar for.

Mighty Member

I liked it. I don't think this arc is overstaying its welcome. For it to conclude next issue feels right. As for the back-up, yeah...

It isn't that it was bad, but it felt both incredibly simple and simultaneously pointless.

Spectacular Member

It's a good thing they only had to substitute Smith for a few pages. Peoples' inferior artwork is so obvious it's impossible not to notice. Story's still at a snail's pace, and I'm now seriously in doubt we'll even get a good GR vs GR fight like the covers suggested, but that's been the case throughout this run thus far. Stellar, action packed covers and mostly stellar interior art, but poorly executed fights.

Nice shower scene with Blaze and Talia, tho. I'm just glad it was Smith who penciled that scene.

Astonishing Member

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR230711?Prevue=1

Preview for the Danny Ketch flashback book next week

Spectacular Member

Yep, that's a throwback 90s book all right. Mackie's signature corny dialogue and obsession with the word "blood" is in full display as always. Art's looking great tho, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain and Pain View Post
    Yep, that's a throwback 90s book all right. Mackie's signature corny dialogue and obsession with the word "blood" is in full display as always. Art's looking great tho, thankfully.
    I know, right?! Corny dialogue or not, I'll always LOVE the '90s

Loved that this issue was the "full story" of events leading us to the present. How Danny has been used as a pawn by the Government/Infernal Labs and is the trail that Johnny and Talia have been following.
    Talia is one to seize the moment, "just in case lets make this count".
    Looking forward to next issue hopefully freeing Danny from his obligation to the Infernal Labs. That Dr. Diyu will have fully extracted the Spirit of Corruption and harnessed it in her Mech-bot design.
    Thus allowing a depleted Danny to fully regain his GR status.
    I did allow the brief one panel flashback as Johnny told it of them riding together where we got the Red/Blue flame GR imagery.

I'm unsure if I want to get the Danny untold GR tale mini or wait for the Trade.

Spectacular Member

Franly speaking, every time I'm reminded the 90s existed, the only thing I'm thankful for is how comics have since moved past its writing sensibilities and ridiculous indulgence on being edgy. I never got the appeal of 90s Blaze and his tryhard oneliners, nor 90s GR and his equally grating dialogue and all that hubbub about his identity that ultimately went nowhere under Mackie's pen. I'm gonna laugh so hard if the plot of this throwback mini is still all about pondering who Dan's GR is supposed to be and still ends with it going nowhere. I know Mackie hated the Noble Kale backstory which is why he haphazardly retconned it in that Spiderman crossover. Ironic, considering the fact that Noble Kale only came to be because Mackie never showed commitment in conceptualizing and writing down his preferred backstory to begin with.

Astonishing Member

So I read the Howard Mackie Ghost Rider first issue and not bad, i enjoyed it, from reading that whole run, I would placed this before Ketch GR final confrontation with Deathwatch in GR 23 24. The 2 new villains are interesting and they using Jimmy 6, remember that guy from 90s Howard Mackie Spider-man Clone saga and post, he had a interesting relationship with Ben Reilly.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 05-17-2023 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So I read the Howard Mackie Ghost Rider first issue and not bad, i enjoyed it, from reading that whole run, I would placed this before Ketch GR final confrontation with Deathwatch in GR 23 24.
    I know, right?! The majority won't agree, but I'll always love the earlier artistic combination of TEX/Saltares

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-18-2023 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Spectacular Member

Well, if nothing else, I would've likely ate this Danny Ketch mini as a kid. Story's rooted in '90s staple, most of which I've grown to detest, but does make for some nostalgic value. Though it's almost hilarious looking back now how I used to be so intrigued about what the heck the Medallion of Power was supposed to be all about... only now as I'm reading this, I'm just rolling my eyes at how Mackie's still trying to pretend that this dumb thing is anything more than a worthless piece of plot device that does nothing but add more unnecessary complications to the way a GR functions. I still can't help but laugh at the line, "I am the Spirit of Vengeance. I do not kill." Nah, NK, or whoever you really are. You're just one SoV among many, and a bizarre anomaly at that.

Art was okay-ish. A step up from Peoples' sub work, but still nothing in comparison to Smith's.
    Last edited by Chain and Pain; 05-18-2023 at 04:46 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Happy Whitsunday everyone. Two millenia ago there were 12 guys with burning heads. Probably without leather jackets and motorcycles.

Ok, so someone went there.