Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

finally picked up last week's books. This series so far is just weird. I like horror stuff, but not sure what is going on here? I guess it all has something to do with the hole in his head.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    finally picked up last week's books. This series so far is just weird. I like horror stuff, but not sure what is going on here? I guess it all has something to do with the hole in his head.
    Said "hole in the head", looks to be a crown of sorts...

Astonishing Member

https://www.comicsxf.com/2022/07/28/...ghost-rider-5/

A motorcycle race with some of the biggest stars of the Marvel U, interesting. Weird to see Dracula in a motorcycle. Now I want to see how he started back in his Gene Colan look.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 07-28-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! At least they helped Blaze quit being a supernatural cyborg, though...

I have said it a million times. Trenchcoat wearing Johnny Blaze with his Hellfire Shotgun is by far the best version of his character ever. No time that he has been Ghost Rider was ever as good as him in the Midnight Suns era. Marvel trys and trys to make him Ghost Rider again and it fails over and over because the shotgun welding version is just so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have said it a million times. Trenchcoat wearing Johnny Blaze with his Hellfire Shotgun is by far the best version of his character ever. No time that he has been Ghost Rider was ever as good as him in the Midnight Suns era. Marvel trys and trys to make him Ghost Rider again and it fails over and over because the shotgun welding version is just so much better.
    Indeed. Couldn't agree more. No matter how many times they try, they'll never be able to erase it from my memory...

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

A motorcycle race with some of the biggest stars of the Marvel U, interesting. Weird to see Dracula in a motorcycle. Now I want to see how he started back in his Gene Colan look.
    Man-thing on a motorcycle. lol

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Like the poster above my eyes went straight to.....Man-Thing, on a motorcycle. That felt more bizarre than Dracula. It didn't wholly feel right for Moon Knight either but not wrong.
    Man-Thing....just wrong.

Never mind Dracula and Blade just side-by-side like they are a buddy duo or something. What is going on in this issue #5!!!

BikeRally.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think the problem is that people don't want John Blaze Ghost Rider. They want Dan Ketch Ghostrider. However, Ketch has a horrible almost noexistant origin and Johnny's origina and his name are both really awesome. So they take Ketch, slap John's name and orig on it, and try to go from there, which messes up two characters they could be using.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Eagerly waiting for #5. One of my favorite ongoings now.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

This reminds me of Kamen Rider.

Astonishing Member

Anyone read the new issue, it was quite fun and to see the cameo and the explanation for the race.

Also Preview for the one shot 50th anniversary celebration

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/gh...f-vengeance/#7

looks fun. also that last page, I assume it takes place in the 90s Midnight Sons Era as Vengance(good to see you Michael Badilino) fights Dracula(in his black hair mustachio glory).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My LCS had an issue with 90% of their Marvel shipment not being delivered.
    Annoyed.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Makes you wonder if things aren't so hot with their new distibutor. Marvel and DC both left Diamond Distributors about a year or so ago.

Anyone read the new issue, it was quite fun and to see the cameo and the explanation for the race.

Also Preview for the one shot 50th anniversary celebration

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/gh...f-vengeance/#7

looks fun. also that last page, I assume it takes place in the 90s Midnight Sons Era as Vengance(good to see you Michael Badilino) fights Dracula(in his black hair mustachio glory).
    I liked this latest issue. At first, the premise was confusing. Really, all of these figures from across the Marvel Universe are here for some bike race? But reading it more, the story made sense. For me the strongest part was seeing Johnny Blaze (not Ghost Rider mind you, just Johnny Blaze) ride this race. It reminded me that at the end of the day Johnny is a very good motorcyclist. Good enough to do loop-de-loop's on demonic roads.

The last parts of the issue were scary and a little disturbing. That's what I've come to expect of the title now. For now, it's tolerable and understandable. (Though whatever is crawling out of Johnny's head gives me some body horror/creepy pasta feels). Glad to see Blackheart as the villain as well as Wolverine lend a helping hand. Percy has written Wolverine before so it was a nice connection. Furthermore, seeing Blackheart and Wolverine gives me that "Hearts of Darkness" vibe.

I'm digging this for now.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I liked this latest issue. At first, the premise was confusing. Really, all of these figures from across the Marvel Universe are here for some bike race? But reading it more, the story made sense. For me the strongest part was seeing Johnny Blaze (not Ghost Rider mind you, just Johnny Blaze) ride this race. It reminded me that at the end of the day Johnny is a very good motorcyclist. Good enough to do loop-de-loop's on demonic roads.
    In agreement with you about Johnny Blaze being talented. That's something one should never forget (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    The last parts of the issue were scary and a little disturbing. That's what I've come to expect of the title now. For now, it's tolerable and understandable. (Though whatever is crawling out of Johnny's head gives me some body horror/creepy pasta feels). Glad to see Blackheart as the villain as well as Wolverine lend a helping hand. Percy has written Wolverine before so it was a nice connection. Furthermore, seeing Blackheart and Wolverine gives me that "Hearts of Darkness" vibe.

I'm digging this for now.
    Certainly brings back memories. Hearts of Darkness is definitely an all-time favorite (IMHO):