Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Sounds good to me!

Here's hoping sales are enough to allow Percy to see all his plans come to fruition.
    Percy Wolverine solo and this Ghost Rider been stellar, athough I hear more negatively on his X-Force. thats the only Percy title I dropped, the pacing was slow and well I guess Percy is not good with team books.

Spectacular Member

To be fair, practically every writer these days, no matter how skilled, inevitably struggle with team books while trying to juggle all the different personalities involved. Percy's strengths in particular are with slow-paced, character focused stories - definitely much more suited for solo books.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Exhaust, curious to see this new rogue.
    Curious about Zeb's whole journey.
    Here is to hoping it can all last beyond issue #12.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Spectacular Member

Another good thing about Percy is that, besides being good at solo titles, he actually seems to plan out his stories and has a good framework for them, unlike Howard Mackie and his notorious tendency to just introduce one random plotpoint after another and never following them up in the end. So here's hoping this Shadow Country story arc actually leads to something substantial.

Astonishing Member

Great issue, as a subplot is resolved and moved another involving the parasite in Blaze, and more plot with the Night Magicians. Logan was pretty good in this appearance.

Spectacular Member

Peeple's art wasn't as impressive as Smith's, but still an enjoyable issue. No doubt people who can't stand Wolverine being everywhere to solve everyone else's problems will hate this, but I can at least enjoy the camaraderie, friendship, and respect between the two men shared here. And a possible, hopefully long-lasting if not permanent, change in the Johnny and the SoV's relationship.

Spectacular Member

https://www.cbr.com/ghost-rider-cron...xhaust-marvel/

https://bloody-disgusting.com/comics...ber-exclusive/

First look and details at upcoming new villain, Exhaust. Cool and creepy design. A "dark mirror image of Johnny Blaze and his bike", eh? Well, guess we'll see how that plays out. Here's hoping that means this newcomer's got an actual personality instead of being just another one-note Doomsday type creature of chaos.

I'm surprised it has taken this long for a writer to to the "dark mirror version of the hero" for Ghost Rider.
    It seemed like after Venom took off and was an established hit by the mid-90s that the next decade or so (+/- a few years) saw writers doing the "dark mirror" version of any hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm surprised it has taken this long for a writer to to the "dark mirror version of the hero" for Ghost Rider.
    It seemed like after Venom took off and was an established hit by the mid-90s that the next decade or so (+/- a few years) saw writers doing the "dark mirror" version of any hero.
    LOL! Does Michael Badilino (A.K.A. Vengeance) not count?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Does Michael Badilino (A.K.A. Vengeance) not count?

That second vengeance too

Spectacular Member

Eh, both Vengeance characters were just edgier, crueler but ultimately shallow knockoffs of the Spirit of Vengeance, not the host character. Neither had much depth to them, especially the second one who was barely even a character. Badilino himself could've been interesting but turned out to be just another guy who held a grudge on the hero because of a misunderstanding and who later became an ally. For all his misplaced anger and mental issues, he was a rather decent guy when it came down to it. He was never true "dark mirror" material. My fear is Exhaust will end up just more of the same thing, but if Percy's description is anything to go with, maybe Exhaust can be more like what Eddie Brock was to Peter (pre-movies era) or Sabertooth to Wolverine and Barracuda to Punisher in terms of thematic execution. Not betting on it though.
    Last edited by Chain and Pain; 09-16-2022 at 01:22 AM.

Spectacular Member

Another solid issue with 7. Not much happened that hasn't already been guessed and seen from previews and build up from earlier issues, but it was still a fun read and Smith's art is as strong as ever. Interested to see how Johnny and Talia connect in the long run, plus the eventual confrontation with Exhaust. Hopefully the book lasts long enough for that.

So Exhaust is essentially a strong arm errand entity of Blackheart.
    We didn't get much exposition but what we got gives the impression that Exhaust isn't much of a free thinker.
    Maybe that will be more to play with as the character grows.

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Anyone else thinks that this new series is basically ignoring the last Ghost Rider run/stories?
    Sorry for being late to the party, but turns out it's not ignoring it. They just brought up Johnny's time as the King of Hell.

As for the book, it's been great. I mean come on, "Talia Warroad" - chef's kiss. One of the few Marvel books I'm looking forward to right now. Hope there's no more sudden delays like after the second issue.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-17-2022 at 09:51 AM.