Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I wasn't expecting anything, but it was a nice touch that Percy actually went out of his way to acknowledge Blaze's time as Hell's King. Plus, the fact that Blackheart's been resenting him that whole time... if nothing else, an interesting hook on what could be a great bad blood story if written well, plus more callbacks to dangling plots from the previous run that were tragically cut short. Ngl, would love to see something of a continuation to that conspiracy plot they almost had rolling from Brisson's book, only with Blackheart and whoever else he's conspiring with now rather than Lilith and Belasco.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Something from the prior run that needs to be addressed and reversed is the Dan Ketch story. Make that man a SoV once again. He is a rightful Ghost Rider, make it so that is true once again.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Something from the prior run that needs to be addressed and reversed is the Dan Ketch story. Make that man a SoV once again. He is a rightful Ghost Rider, make it so that is true once again.
    To the utmost, I agree! Couldn't have said it better myself, in fact!!

Spectacular Member

Sure... but only if Percy also fixes his characterization like he's doing to Blaze. If Ketch becomes a GR again yet still does nothing but whine, get drunk, and make dumb stupidity, then I'd rather he just stay in limbo and have Noble Kale return and become bonded to Blaze or something. Besides, everyone knows Kale was the guy who really made 90s GR work. Ketch himself never intrigued me.

Astonishing Member

https://www.comicsxf.com/2022/11/03/...ghost-rider-8/

preview for next week issue, looks brutal

I like this series but my one major gripe with it is there isn't enough Ghost Rider in it.

Spectacular Member

One would think now that the corrupting parasite's been removed from him, Blaze and his Spirit of Vengeance are finally able to work as a unit again like in the previous run. Percy better not waste time keeping their minds separated with Blaze non the wiser to what his alter ego's been up to. It's stagnating.

Astonishing Member

Anyone noticed that Blaze bike is resembling Ketch's bike with the Front that is all black with 2 squares resembling eyes? Not sure how I feel about it, I like how each rider bike has its own identity.

Spectacular Member

I don't mind it. If you look closely at the designs, especially in the Vengeance Forever oneshot, they're still distinct enough to easily spot the difference. Blaze's front shield has a jagged shape and actually has triangular "angry eyes" rather than the square ones on Ketch's bike.

comparison.jpg

Same goes for Johnny's current biker leathers. It only resembles Dan's on the surface level, but the spike positions and overall design are still distinctively his own. Just like how Green Lanterns Hal Jordan, Kyle Ryner, etc. have enough subtle differences to distinguish them from each other.
    Last edited by Chain and Pain; 11-06-2022 at 10:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Today issue was pretty damn good once again. anyone read it, its brutal and love the whole building up on on BlackHeart plan.

Spectacular Member

Smith's art was phenomenal in this issue, for sure, even more detailed than ever. I also liked that Percy acknowledged the events of Vengeance Forever by showing Blaze being covered in the supernatural tattoos he had Necro applied to him. How these will help him to reconnect to his SoV, nobody knows, but I just hope they mean something other than visuals. Still, the plot barely advances and with barely any Ghost Rider in it... Percy's main weakness as a writer definitely shows here. Much like his work on Wolverine and other titles, individual issues don't contain much by themselves. This would've been better if it were like the first issue with double the page content, but with only the regular 20-plus pages to work with, Percy stumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I like this series but my one major gripe with it is there isn't enough Ghost Rider in it.
    Definitely feels more like a Johnny Blaze character piece, but I'm fine with GR being used more sparingly as long as its effective. And Talia is great.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if Johnny's continued experience with corrupted visions has something to do with Exhaust's mere existence. The way Exhaust says "you can't escape me, because I am you," it almost sounds like he can feel and see Blaze's presence like they share the same spiritual essence, only twisted in Exhaust's case. Maybe the twisted visions is how Exhaust sees the world and Johnny, so long as they're "linked" somehow, cannot help but see things just as his monstrous mirror does.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It is an interesting storyline to follow. Blackheart hasn't been this interesting in awhile. I think it has to do with him being the "final level" boss feel. Frequently he's felt thrust into the forefront early on when he appears. Even when he has underlings.

I agree with above poster, somehow Exhaust is linked with Johnny. He may be out of his body but like the symbiote retaining Peter's memories upon separation Exhaust "feels/senses" what Johnny does.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Blackheart's been reduced to C-list fodder in recent years to the point of jobbing easily to the likes of Miles Morales. It's about time he's finally treated back to being the powerful archdemon that he is. Could it be that Exhaust is also partially made up of a stolen portion of Johnny's soul - not the SoV's, but Johnny's. It may be why Blaze continues to feel like he's still incomplete.