Thread: Batman Beyond

Default Batman Beyond

Anyone else is going to miss the previous Batman Beyond continuity. I really really liked what they did in the last run of Batman Beyond.
    and now I feel sad that the new Batman Beyond comics will have a new continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Anyone else is going to miss the previous Batman Beyond continuity. I really really liked what they did in the last run of Batman Beyond.
    and now I feel sad that the new Batman Beyond comics will have a new continuity.
    Wait, so we get Terry back, Matt became Robin (if only for a short time), and Terry and Damian connected like brothers all for nothing?

Dammit!

I liked what was done in the last run as well, but in fairness I have to point out that it was itself a "new continuity." The post-Future's End Batman Beyond jettisoned the continuity of the pre-Future's End Batman Beyond.

In other words, DC has done this before. DC has never done right by Batman Beyond and there is no reason to think that they ever will. I am just happy to have Terry Batman no matter how many time DC hits the re-set button.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

I like the world that Jurgens built in Rebirth Batman Beyond.

It was great to see Terry connected to and working with the current Batfam.

I will still give the new series a go though.

Should they do a Batman Beyond movie? So far there is a rumor Keaton is going to play old man Bruce

Do we know for sure that this is a new reboot and not a continuation of some older version?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wait, so we get Terry back, Matt became Robin (if only for a short time), and Terry and Damian connected like brothers all for nothing?

Dammit!
    Sadly, yeah. It was awesome I really really liked it. and now its all gone. They hit the reset button.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    I liked what was done in the last run as well, but in fairness I have to point out that it was itself a "new continuity." The post-Future's End Batman Beyond jettisoned the continuity of the pre-Future's End Batman Beyond.

In other words, DC has done this before. DC has never done right by Batman Beyond and there is no reason to think that they ever will. I am just happy to have Terry Batman no matter how many time DC hits the re-set button.
    Same here. I am happy that Batman Beyond still exists. But I really hate that after one gets interested in a run/continuity they just hit the reset button. and all previous things do not count for anything anymore.
    It's like the joker. I liked how they revived him in the "future" in the animated movie. Then reset. Now there was a new way they brought him back. and now reset again.
    Hard to tell anyone how awesome batman beyond is when there are no valid stories to tell when they reset him every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I like the world that Jurgens built in Rebirth Batman Beyond.

It was great to see Terry connected to and working with the current Batfam.

I will still give the new series a go though.
    same here. I will give it a try too. But still sad that Beyond get reset everytime. I suppose that this new one will be reset too.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Do we know for sure that this is a new reboot and not a continuation of some older version?
    Its kinda of a continuation of the TV show. But then again...there used to be comics that where in the same continuity of the TV show. But they got rreset.