Extraordinary Member

Default Reacher tv series - 1st trailer

Anyone else looking forward to seeing this show? I loved Alan Ritchson in Blue Mountain State and this looks good IMO.

Seems closer to the source material from what little I know about it. As in, Reacher comes off as one hell of a Mary Sue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Seems closer to the source material from what little I know about it. As in, Reacher comes off as one hell of a Mary Sue.
    Of course he is. He is Lee's personal fantasy made real.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to seeing this show? I loved Alan Ritchson in Blue Mountain State and this looks good IMO.

I would have liked this to have been set around the same time as Killing Floor is in 1997. Because most of Reacher's military service was from early 1980s to 1997. Reacher could get away with living the life he did and doing the things he does easier before 9/11. Not a total nitpick, just curious to see how they change it.

Ritchson wasn't my dream pick for Reacher. My choice was Philip Winchester. But Ritchson carries off the look and feel just fine. A few cheesy bits in the trailer (the shirtless scene at the surplus store and the beer opening scene) but the street fight with the kids? That's dead set Reacher from the books.

The best part is that each season will focus on a different book. Wonder if they'll do them in order or just select a few of the novels to adapt? I've read all of them except for 1 or 2. Some I can't wait to see them do.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 12-03-2021 at 04:57 AM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I am a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Ritchson fan so I am looking forward to this for him as well as I have enjoyed a few of the books. Hell, Im a fan of the Cruise reacher movie (first one def more so than the second) and will watch it whenever I come across it channel surfing, so i am in for this.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just rewatched the trailer...but if I hadn't KabutoRyder's comments would've been my "light bulb".

Reacher is Hank/Hawk from Titans!!!
    I'm giving that a thumbs up. My interest has increased.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Too jokey for my tastes.

I know everyone bitches about his height, but I thought Cruise embodied Reacher. Smart, cunning, deadpan, and utterly ruthless. His Reacher was no less a force of nature, and more fun to watch in live action.

Cruise plays a borderline sociopath exceptionally well, who knew?

Still, this series might be good.

I'm hoping this will finally be the Amazon show I love.