Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Big Nate - X-Man 2021 Appreciation

Time for all you jabronies to show appreciation to the great one!

Big Nate Grey:

Nate's Final Throes:

Nate Grey and his Mother:

"Impressive - to blank out all memories of himself with the blink of an eye suggests he is a psi of the first order." - Professor X

"You are every bit as strong as Xavier and his brood have been telling you, Nate Grey. They fear you because you are already the most potent force on this planet..." - Apocalypse

"You're strong. But I was created to destroy worlds." - Nate Grey

"An omega level mutant. A living God returning to the world of the mortals..." - Dark Beast

"A being of such great psionic energy he could tear asunder the Astral Plane - the very fabric of our world!" - Blaquesmith

"Hiding among time! I'm really impressed!" - Ares

"I unknowingly brought her back to life - psionically recreated her." - Nate Grey
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 03-09-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Incredible Member

Nate and Dani's Lost Love:

Nate and Franklin Escape:

Nate's Vengeance:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 03-09-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Waiting for the first meeting and climactic battle between X-Man & Cable was agonizingly torturous,
    but the artwork of both Ian Churchill & Steve Skroce made it worth the wait:

AIPT: Another question about an alternate-reality Summers-Grey child. X-Fan Tidinha Meneghel said for a couple who are so bent on keeping the family together nowadays, don’t you think Jean and Scott are neglecting Nate Grey? Sure he’s in another dimension, but with Otherworld in the picture, that shouldn’t stop them from catching up with their third child. I think we’ve got an X-Man fan here, Jordan.

Jordan: Well, that’s an interesting question, but first of all, he is the least their child of any of these people–and not just because he’s from another dimension. But also because in that other dimension, he was a genetically created person through science experiments, not through, you know, the normal methods. So neither of them was aware that he existed. Which again, it’s not to invalidate the connection that they have genetically or anything like that. But I feel like he became a family member sort of through the fact that we know Cable, who is much more of their child than he is because he’s an alternate version of Cable. He kind of gets family status.And I don’t think any of them really think of that connection as familial as they do to Cable or to Rachel. That said, I also think he’s doing OK in the sense that I don’t think he was unhappy in that other world. I think that he created that world and it was very flawed and our people were unhappy in that world. The X-Men were very unhappy in that world and that’s why they left, but he’s still there and he’s trying again. So what happens there is a story that remains to be told, but I think they know he was willing and he wanted it. So they’re not going to go yank him out of a place he wants to be.

AIPT: Yeah, he’s chilling with Magneto.

Jordan: Yeah, what’s the deal with that? I don’t know how that works. We’ll see. Maybe someday we’ll find out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    AIPT: Another question about an alternate-reality Summers-Grey child. X-Fan Tidinha Meneghel said for a couple who are so bent on keeping the family together nowadays, don’t you think Jean and Scott are neglecting Nate Grey? Sure he’s in another dimension, but with Otherworld in the picture, that shouldn’t stop them from catching up with their third child. I think we’ve got an X-Man fan here, Jordan.

Jordan: Well, that’s an interesting question, but first of all, he is the least their child of any of these people–and not just because he’s from another dimension. But also because in that other dimension, he was a genetically created person through science experiments, not through, you know, the normal methods. So neither of them was aware that he existed. Which again, it’s not to invalidate the connection that they have genetically or anything like that. But I feel like he became a family member sort of through the fact that we know Cable, who is much more of their child than he is because he’s an alternate version of Cable. He kind of gets family status.And I don’t think any of them really think of that connection as familial as they do to Cable or to Rachel. That said, I also think he’s doing OK in the sense that I don’t think he was unhappy in that other world. I think that he created that world and it was very flawed and our people were unhappy in that world. The X-Men were very unhappy in that world and that’s why they left, but he’s still there and he’s trying again. So what happens there is a story that remains to be told, but I think they know he was willing and he wanted it. So they’re not going to go yank him out of a place he wants to be.

AIPT: Yeah, he’s chilling with Magneto.

Jordan: Yeah, what’s the deal with that? I don’t know how that works. We’ll see. Maybe someday we’ll find out.
    I'd say Jordan is off with his assessment, because when Nate was created, he wasn't of another dimension. He was the version of Cable born to the overwritten 616 Timeline. That version of time only became the 295 Timeline after Bishop changed the timeline, by which time Nate had already left it. The second thing is, Scott and Jean do love Nate and they do acknowledge him as their son. Look at the first real encounter between Jean, she wants to be there for him but he pushes her away:

Attachment 105860

By the time Disassembled came around, they had accepted each other as mother and son (despite Nate again pushing her away early on in the story).

And as for Cyclops, we already know that he cares for Nate. Hell, he sacrificed himself to Apocalypse to keep Nate from merging with him.

Astonishing Member

Enjoyed the entire X Man run up until he was turned into mutant Jesus.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Enjoyed the entire X Man run up until he was turned into mutant Jesus.
    Same did not enjoy that run at all. Terry Kavanagh's run was losing steam towards the end but it was still more enjoyable.

Id actually want to see him in the current era and interact with Kid Cable. I think that could be fun even if its for one issue

Bring king back now, Marvel!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Bring king back now, Marvel!
    Unless it's an Exiles-esque series of Big Nate exploring the Multiverse, I think our best bet is waiting until after Moira X is exposed since she won't want a precog as powerful as him on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Unless it's an Exiles-esque series of Big Nate exploring the Multiverse, I think our best bet is waiting until after Moira X is exposed since she won't want a precog as powerful as him on Krakoa.
    I think he should be the one to come back and expose. He deserves his paradise in my opinion

8541F3A0-CD92-4D8E-9D1D-B8BB2C6B9122.jpg

So it’s official Nate grey is a clone