Extraordinary Member

Default Batman '89 #4 Preview

Batman '89 #4 Preview
    Writer: Sam Hamm
    Artist: Joe Quinones

Robin's got his own roost.

Good old Harvey .

Mighty Member

Is Bullock meant to look like Bob Hoskins a bit?
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Was this delayed? it seems like ages since the last issue.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

Probably the strongest issue yet. It feels like everything is coming together. I'm liking Drake's interactions with Bruce, but they do make Bruce come off as too dopey, even though previous issues showed he knew about the city's systemic issues. Two-Face continues to be the strongest character. It's jus a shame we're sill in "origin story" mode for him, since we only have two issues to go. his book could've benefited from a couple of extra issues or the removal of a subplot or two.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Was this delayed? it seems like ages since the last issue.
    Yeah, a few times. We had two issues of Superman '78 come out before this one.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah, a few times. We had two issues of Superman '78 come out before this one.
    Thanks.

I really like Superman '78, too. I think it's doing a much better job of feeling like the the cinematic version it's based on than Batman '89 (which is really funny considering the writer) but I'm thoroughly enjoying both.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I like the art.