Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,110

    Default Dark Knights of Steel #2 Preview

    Dark Knights of Steel #2 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Yasmine Putri


  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,669

    Default

    Batman dissing Green Arrow in yet another Tom Taylor Elseworld...

  3. #3
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    580

    Default

    seriously this is the preview of a shared comic, because it looks like a Batman comic. The first number was interesting, but it already looked like it would be a Batman comic with invited friends, this number seems to confirm it.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,064

    Default

    Didn't Oliver tell Green Man that assassinating Jor-El felt cowardly and dishonorable? Why did he try to kill Alfred in the preview then. Guess I shouldn't be too mad if Green Man does turn out to be Hal, since Oliver apparently had no issues killing people as it is either.

  5. #5
    duke's casettetape lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Didn't Oliver tell Green Man that assassinating Jor-El felt cowardly and dishonorable? Why did he try to kill Alfred in the preview then. Guess I shouldn't be too mad if Green Man does turn out to be Hal, since Oliver apparently had no issues killing people as it is either.
    I mean Alfred and Bruce ARE actively riding out to capture him. he's probably trying to hit either of them to slow them down, and i imagine Alfred looks like the easier target. Jor-El was minding his business when he sniped him, i can see how he would see that as dishonorable.

    it's medieval times, technology is limited and pretty much every weapon is made to kill you, I doubt anyone is sweating kill codes super hard (except Batman apparently, because he's got a brand to uphold ).
    SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist! his fandom wikia
    I support militant Professor X
    • Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Solo Leveling, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    • DC: Black Manta, Static, Icon & Rocket, Hardware, Gotham: Urban Legends, Mr Miracle: Source of Freedom
    • Marvel: Immortal Hulk, X-books
    • Anticipated titles: Naomi s2, I Am Batman, Aquaman: Becoming
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    seriously this is the preview of a shared comic, because it looks like a Batman comic. The first number was interesting, but it already looked like it would be a Batman comic with invited friends, this number seems to confirm it.
    Yeah. Clark even feels like a secondary character.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Yeah. Clark even feels like a secondary character.
    in the end Clark will become one of the Robins.

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    seriously this is the preview of a shared comic, because it looks like a Batman comic. The first number was interesting, but it already looked like it would be a Batman comic with invited friends, this number seems to confirm it.
    I mean, the book's not titled, "DC's Knights of Steel."

  9. #9
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I mean, the book's not titled, "DC's Knights of Steel."
    If it's just Batman that they leave the mythology of the rest of DC's heroes alone, if they love Batman so much that they use their mythology, that they don't steal that of others.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,164

    Default

    Has Jefferson ever have a son named Jacob? I'm liking the escalation tho, It is jeffereson fault this war is starting, its not like he was trying to rescue the locked up metas

  11. #11
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I liked this issue but it was not perfect. Did Jefferson not plan on their being repercussions to Jo-Els death. Like if you going to kill the patriarch of a family of super strong godlike beings you think you would not be caught of guard when one comes for retribution.

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Has Jefferson ever have a son named Jacob? I'm liking the escalation tho, It is jeffereson fault this war is starting, its not like he was trying to rescue the locked up metas
    I also like how Constantine was basically saying “it was just a prophecy! We don’t know what it meant or if your actions worse!”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I also like how Constantine was basically saying “it was just a prophecy! We don’t know what it meant or if your actions worse!”
    iT was a foolish moove, but i guess someone has to act the fool to get the plot rolling

  14. #14
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    604

    Default

    So the most prominent black character in this series is the antagonist and also an idiot?

  15. #15
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,669

    Default

    spoilers:
    I guess that's one way to pair Diana with a Super without it being Clark...kind of remind me of Red Son animated Diana.
    end of spoilers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •