Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So the most prominent black character in this series is the antagonist and also an idiot?
    Batman is being dumb too but kinda

They are all dumb...

spoilers:
    Is it not public knowledge that Jor-El only captures meta's and doesn't kill them? Green Arrow didn't seem surprised about the meta holding cells... And Black Lighting doesn't send a spy to Jor-El's court before making an assassination attempted and starting a devastating meta war? Kara, I mean, Zala, just goes straight to killing BL's son without consulting her family first? It just characters being dumb to move the plot forwards and shock value...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 12-07-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It just characters being dumb to move the plot forwards and shock value...
    So...DCeased again? Glorious.

I wish DC would publish my AU fan fics and pay me for it.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 12-07-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    So...DCeased again? Glorious.

I wish DC would pay me to publish my AU fan fics.
    DCeased's shock value is what came to mind when reading this issue.

At least with DCeased though, you know you sighed up for a dumb zombie apocalypses. This feels like it's trying to be an epic fantasy with morally grey characters, but it's just characters being idiots with an overarching (and already way overdone) "prophecy" plotline.

Only good news is the Amazons wanted to prevent the war.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Always Rakzo

Yeaaaaaah, this is starting to get pretty "Taylor-esque". The characters act in pretty extreme and forced ways for the whole sake of progressing the plot because sadly the writer is not smart enough to move things naturally. This kind of premise is beyond Taylor's capabilities sadly.

Also, I wish I knew what he has against Oliver Queen. Taylor either portrays him badly, tortures him or even kills him in all of his stories, sometimes all of those things at the same time.

Good art though.

Taylor writing idiot plots? Utterly shocking turn of events. Don’t know why people are still surprised, it’s how he’s always been and many of his successes are written that way.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I liked this issue but it was not perfect. Did Jefferson not plan on their being repercussions to Jo-Els death. Like if you going to kill the patriarch of a family of super strong godlike beings you think you would not be caught of guard when one comes for retribution.
    Yeah. When I finished reading the issue, the first thing I said was "Well, what did you think was going to happen?" I'm only surprised she didn't go for Jefferson directly, though this does hurt him more.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I also like how Constantine was basically saying “it was just a prophecy! We don’t know what it meant or if your actions worse!”
    I'm reminded of Yoda in Episode III. "A prophecy, misread it may have been." Just once, I wish there was someone smart enough to realize that prophecy's only ever happen because you are expecting them to happen, and thus MAKE them happen.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah, this was a pretty big letdown based upon the promise of the first issue. Not a fan of the "everyone's an *******" style of DCU stories, regardless of which alternate Earth it's placed on (unless it's Earth-3, which is the entire point).

I think I'll give this one more issue to course correct, but if it's another issue like this, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm reminded of Yoda in Episode III. "A prophecy, misread it may have been." Just once, I wish there was someone smart enough to realize that prophecy's only ever happen because you are expecting them to happen, and thus MAKE them happen.
    I'm expecting that this was the point of the prophecy - a manipulation to make people go against the Kryptonians. At the end of the series, man and Kryptonians will all have to unite against the White Walk- I mean, "Green Floaters." (with Jon - I mean Bruce, the bastard, having to bring them together because he's from both worlds...) Maybe.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-08-2021 at 07:48 AM.

It was probably a bit of foreshadowing when Jefferson told Anissa to be careful or she’d bring down the castle walls. The Els have a lot of magic/metas locked up in their dungeon and I can imagine a huge jail break caused by a Thunder stomp.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It was probably a bit of foreshadowing when Jefferson told Anissa to be careful or she’d bring down the castle walls. The Els have a lot of magic/metas locked up in their dungeon and I can imagine a huge jail break caused by a Thunder stomp.
    not without crossing over into the House of el territory

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    spoilers:
    That or General Waller establishing this universe's version of the Suicide Squad out of the prisoners. Either way, it's an interesting choice of prisoners seen so far; Green Arrow, Flash, Blue Devil, King Shark, Aquaman and Detective Chimp.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Multiverse; 12-08-2021 at 05:10 PM.