Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The only books that come to my mind that have a similar tone to me were all Marvel: Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Ant-Man, and Slott's She-Hulk. (and when the JLI team did "Defenders")
    I’m definitely in for this now. I loved Spencer’s Ant-Man and Superior Foes.

Looking forward to this a whole lot more after reading the preview.

I wonder if the guy in the wheelchair is Gangbuster.

This was such a fun read
    For what it’s worth I highly recommend it

I thought it was pretty fun.

All-New Member

I'm a sucker for explorations of the more mundane aspects of superhero life, and as such, really enjoyed this issue. Red Tornado comes across as a hero in ways that go beyond the sort of glitz and glamor of big name characters, ways that I think are far more relatable to average, everyday people (i.e us, the readers). I was touched by his interactions with spoilers:
    Gangbuster
    end of spoilers

Also,
    spoilers:
    Though we're only one issue in and there is no guarantee how the next five issues will go, I think that Power Girl makes for an excellent antagonist for the type of story this is shaping up to be, should they continue on in that direction.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by dreamglide; 12-07-2021 at 09:08 PM.

This was such a great read. I really wasn’t expecting the emotional moments.

Anyone on the fence should pick this up while we’re still on issue 1.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I liked it except for the choice of antagonist, but I'm going to assume that mind-control is involved given the fairly big hit given the author of the book.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I liked it except for the choice of antagonist, but I'm going to assume that mind-control is involved given the fairly big hit given the author of the book.
    Pretty much this. spoilers:
    Power Girl
    end of spoilers as a greedy antagonist out to make right by wealth gained via corporate raiding and ruthless capitalism is so wrong for spoilers:
    her
    end of spoilers character that if the reveal isn't mind control, it's just flagrant garbage.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Some characters I like, but not for me. Pass.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Pretty much this. spoilers:
    Power Girl
    end of spoilers as a greedy antagonist out to make right by wealth gained via corporate raiding and ruthless capitalism is so wrong for spoilers:
    her
    end of spoilers character that if the reveal isn't mind control, it's just flagrant garbage.
    Even if it IS mind control, it's still garbage writing. It's not like PG isn't DC's go to for characters to be mind controlled. If you want to make PG a villain, (a bad idea IMHO), at least be original and give her a legit reason. I WAS going to get this come the weekend-----mostly FOR her appearance, but now I may just wait and see what the second issue holds before doing that. What about PG don't they get? First we had faux PG in the nu52 who acted completely unlike PG had ever done in the past, now we seem to have another version again acting out of character.
    Last edited by achilles; 12-08-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Is this the first PG's appearance since she went missing and was last seen in one of the Deathstroke's issues by Priest? What I'm getting at is that maybe this ain't even "our" PG.

Incredible Member

I thought this was a great, and surprisingly emotional, read.

I don't think Peeg is a villain in this, though. Maybe antagonist, and with the Lord book, she'll probably end up having whatever control she's under severed by Red and the rest of the gang. If Lord's plan is controlling people/heroes through his book, and this Heroez4U gang are the only one's able to stop him, take on a mind controlled Kryptonian, and save the world from mindcontrol...I mean, they shouldn't be called One-Star Squadron haha.

I'm in it for the long haul and Russell is an impressive and smart writer with a great track record of good and subversive books. I'm a little worried about Karen, but I highly doubt she'll be done dirty by the end of the series.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Is this the first PG's appearance since she went missing and was last seen in one of the Deathstroke's issues by Priest? What I'm getting at is that maybe this ain't even "our" PG.
    On this front, it should be noted that the book is out of continuity, so none of the characters are "ours" in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Wasn't she in Infinite Frontier?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't she in Infinite Frontier?
    Mostly in the "present" category IIRC.