Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

So is PG shaping up to be at the least a decent villain, or was there a twist?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So is PG shaping up to be at the least a decent villain, or was there a twist?
    Villian?

Hmm not sure I'm seeing that.

Red is represented as overly supportive to a fault.

By giving d list heroes gigs he is giving the company a bad name, making it harder to book quality gigs for the team.

Pg and her teammates want red out so they can make the team more respectable, and more legitmate.

At least this is how I've read it so far...

Maybe I'm wrong but didnt get any vibe that pg was a villian of any sort, only wanting a respectable image and team to lead.
    Last edited by Menacer; 01-06-2022 at 01:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Villian?

Hmm not sure I'm seeing that.

Red is represented as overly supportive to a fault.

By giving d list heroes gigs he is giving the company a bad name, making it harder to book quality gigs for the team.

Pg and her teammates want red out so they can make the team more respectable, and more legitmate.

At least this is how I've read it so far...

Maybe I'm wrong but didnt get any vibe that pg was a villian of any sort, only wanting a respectable image and team to lead.
    Interesting. But how would having Reddy out make it a respectable team? He seems perhaps second only to PG in in universe respectability among that group.

Ultimate Member

I mean red was clearly supportive.

The story isnt done. The setup isnt even done

Also minute man may represent the height of pathetic

But plenty other c list heroes were not represented that way in these first 2 issues

Are you being bit biased? Or reading with blinders on

You way over simplify
    Red was, the narrative? Not so much.

I'm not bias, I'm simply reading what's been written, not what might, maybe be in a future issue.

I mean hell, the cast was clearly chosen at random (Flying Fox?), and the only characters treated with any real respect are barely part of the main cast

I enjoyed this issue. Miracle Man is desperate but I can’t help rooting for the guy. He beat up a drug dealer to get those homemade miraklo pills. The characterization of the street dealer was spot on. PG is undermining RT. He’s to soft and she’s coming off like she has all the solutions. Making promises she won’t be able to keep. Can’t wait to see how this turns out. Hope to see more of the other characters. Don’t want this to turn into another Titans Academy where you have all of these characters and nothing is done with them except for scenery. It will be fun to see some action with these guys in the upcoming issues.

Interesting. But how would having Reddy out make it a respectable team? He seems perhaps second only to PG in in universe respectability among that group.
    Red keeps booking incompetent people for the gigs. Dragging the teams score down on the booking app. Hence the name 1 star squadron

Pg and co want legitimize the team with respectable heroes and gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Red was, the narrative? Not so much.

I'm not bias, I'm simply reading what's been written, not what might, maybe be in a future issue.

I mean hell, the cast was clearly chosen at random (Flying Fox?), and the only characters treated with any real respect are barely part of the main cast
    We are both reading the same thing and inferring different views.

If you dislike what you read drop the series.

We can update you later one where the story goes.

At this point what I read is very different then what u are.

Hopefully you have better luck with another series.

This one has been fun, unique and emotional and I connect to it and excited to see where it leads, the broader story

How does this series stack up to some of the work Mark Russel has been putting out at Ahoy Comics (My Bad, Second Coming, Wrong Earth)? Looking for another optimistic, lighthearted, goofy read...

Extraordinary Member

Red keeps booking incompetent people for the gigs. Dragging the teams score down on the booking app. Hence the name 1 star squadron

Interesting. Does it take a position as to who is right, or is it a "both sides have a point" thing, or a "PG is wrong" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeeman View Post
    How does this series stack up to some of the work Mark Russel has been putting out at Ahoy Comics (My Bad, Second Coming, Wrong Earth)? Looking for another optimistic, lighthearted, goofy read...
    Yah this isnt lighthearted or optimistic. Not at least the first 2 issues.

Have you read the other comments in the thread.

Interesting. Does it take a position as to who is right, or is it a "both sides have a point" thing, or a "PG is wrong" thing?
    The team clearly sides with PG.

From a business stand point red is destroying the groups reputation by helping these unqualified desperate cases.

As for the over all narrative Im not sure how the author will spin this, is there some moral lesson? Not sure yet.

Are you sure? She made the same statement twice to four different heroes. “I would have picked you two.” She’s acting like a typical administrator. Making promises she can’t keep. She’s playing both sides of the fence. Manipulating the board and the heroes. A typical corporate administrator. Out for herself. Looking to get that big bonus for the hard work of others. That’s how I see it. I’m sticking with Red on this one. So far PG is not looking good in this. If I was a big Power Girl fan I would be kind of pissed at how she’s being characterized.

The whole point of this series IMO is to spotlight the little guys. The nobodies. The ones who have fallen on hard times. The guys who other heroes laugh at. If PG got better heroes to do the job I’d drop this book in a split second. I want to see all these incompetent heroes get their day in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Are you sure? She made the same statement twice to four different heroes. “I would have picked you two.” She’s acting like a typical administrator. Making promises she can’t keep. She’s playing both sides of the fence. Manipulating the board and the heroes. A typical corporate administrator. Out for herself. Looking to get that big bonus for the hard work of others. That’s how I see it. I’m sticking with Red on this one. So far PG is not looking good in this. If I was a big Power Girl fan I would be kind of pissed at how she’s being characterized.

The whole point of this series IMO is to spotlight the little guys. The nobodies. The ones who have fallen on hard times. The guys who other heroes laugh at. If PG got better heroes to do the job I’d drop this book in a split second. I want to see all these incompetent heroes get their day in the sun.
    You could be right.

But telling other heroes she would have pick them over another set could also have been her genuine view, that they were more suited.

I skim read both issues, the areas pg was featured in and I can see how you might get the impression she's villainous. Although its a bit of a standard prejudice that woman interest in power and control or being a boss are framed as bitches or evil... so itd be pretty silly trope to further lean into...

Im expecting a twist

She also points to maxwell Lords book as major inspiration. And power and money as the ultimate goal. Misdirect or informing us that she may be evil...

While Red focuses on helping downtrodden heroes like gangbuster or minute man.

If the ultimate reveal in the series was PG was a villan that would be disappointing unless some larger story arc was planned to redeem her or cleverly explore the idea

So for now I may be naively hoping that we're just getting a bit of a misdirect....

At this point my interest is very high and Im interested to see how this plays out...

You could be right.

But telling other heroes she would have pick them over another set could also have been her genuine view, that they were more suited.

I skim read both issues, the areas pg was featured in and I can see how you might get the impression she's villainous. Although its a bit of a standard prejudice that woman interest in power and control or being a boss are framed as bitches or evil... so itd be pretty silly trope to further lean into...

Im expecting a twist

She also points to maxwell Lords book as major inspiration. And power and money as the ultimate goal. Misdirect or informing us that she may be evil...

While Red focuses on helping downtrodden heroes like gangbuster or minute man.

If the ultimate reveal in the series was PG was a villan that would be disappointing unless some larger story arc was planned to redeem her or cleverly explore the idea

So for now I may be naively hoping that we're just getting a bit of a misdirect....

At this point my interest is very high and Im interested to see how this plays out...
    I’m interested as well. It’s different but sometimes that’s needed from a company. I’m hoping PG isn’t a villain but we’ll see. Anyone would be better than Minute Man for even a birthday party. The guy has an addiction to a pill that gives him power for one minute. That’s absurd. It’s a interesting cocept though. What do you do with a character like that? This is where creative writing comes in. Should be interesting. There is humor with deep undertones. I’m all in.