Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Yeah that's what I'm anticipating too. Anyway, I thought it was handled well here. If the trilogy finishes strong, I'd say this is the most rounded Spider-man romance on screen. (I really wish they took the slow burn approach with MJ in the MCU and explored their friendship in depth, but oh well.)

I understand why some may not be a fan of the ship. When Ghost Spider was first introduced, I actually really wanted that Gwen to end up with the Mary Jane of her universe, but Latour and Rodriguez seemed to enjoy taking the piss out of Mary Jane with Em Jay. (which by the way spoilers:
    I'm really glad they didn't adapt Em Jay and made the bandmates a bunch of unnamed randos here
    end of spoilers)
    Because I am attached to Gwen as Peter's love interest I too was always a fan of making her and MJ a thing in her book.

But I'm with Captain universe on the band....

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think they were randos. I think that was Em Jay, Glory and Betty.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The band is called the Mary Janes and the lead has Red Hair I think, so.....
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I actually found him really funny personally
    I thought he was pretty funny too, but I also understand why a any fan of Ben's would be pretty mad about it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She had red hair? I could have sworn the lead was African American with brown hair lmao... Gonna have to look again when I rewatch.

The band was definitely called the Mary Janes though
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Because I am attached to Gwen as Peter's love interest I too was always a fan of making her and MJ a thing in her book.

But I'm with Captain universe on the band....

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I thought he was pretty funny too, but I also understand why a any fan of Ben's would be pretty mad about it.
    I haven't seen it yet, but I figured it would be sort of like Spider-Man Noir, who was played seriously in the comics, but was more of a lovable semi-parody in the first movie. I don't really have a big problem with that in theory. I honestly never expected to see him on the big screen at all, much less be in all this related merchandise, and any exposure for him is cool in my book.

spoilers:
    Is comics editorial fuming at The Wedding cover being used as one of the prime examples of 'canon events' for every Spidey universe?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    spoilers:
    Is comics editorial fuming at The Wedding cover being used as one of the prime examples of 'canon events' for every Spidey universe?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can hear them trashing the offices from here.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You know it!
    end of spoilers
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    spoilers:
    She had red hair? I could have sworn the lead was African American with brown hair lmao... Gonna have to look again when I rewatch.

The band was definitely called the Mary Janes though
    end of spoilers
    IIRC, lighting was weird. I coudln't tell race, but given the recent history about red heads and how they fair in live action adaptation that part isn't dispositive.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but I figured it would be sort of like Spider-Man Noir, who was played seriously in the comics, but was more of a lovable semi-parody in the first movie. I don't really have a big problem with that in theory. I honestly never expected to see him on the big screen at all, much less be in all this related merchandise, and any exposure for him is cool in my book.
    I mean, the thing is, liking stuff is great. If you can get enjoyment out of it, then that's a good thing. It's just that if people were hoping that they were getting a serious take on the character they will be disappointed. Put another way, the Andy Samberg casting is not a subversion.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    It's literally everyone at this point but them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I hope that the show they do of him is in line with the comics

BANNED

IIRC, lighting was weird. I coudln't tell race, but given the recent history about red heads and how they fair in live action adaptation that part isn't dispositive.

I mean, the thing is, liking stuff is great. If you can get enjoyment out of it, then that's a good thing. It's just that if people were hoping that they were getting a serious take on the character they will be disappointed. Put another way, the Andy Samberg casting is not a subversion.

It's literally everyone at this point but them.
    I get that, but very few of these characters are played as seriously as they are in the comics. I don't think it's a big deal.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I actually found him really funny personally
    Same here.

I was laughing every time he appeared.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    spoilers:
    I can hear them trashing the offices from here.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    spoilers:
    You know it!
    end of spoilers

Marvel Comics:
    spoilers:
    "Nah, Ima do my own thing."
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Loved it. The Spider Verse films continue to be some of the best superhero films ever, and this is someone who loves the MCU (some recent decisions excepted). We still have Flash, Blue Beetle, The Marvel’s and Aquaman 2 this year but I think the best superhero movie of the year has been won… probably.

spoilers:
    I thought the stuff with Earth 65 was fantastic but the Lizard Peter stuff could have been better handled since I found it weird that with so many having seen the Lizard at the dance that connections wouldn’t have been at least made, but it just felt like a rehash of the Miles killed Prowler mistake from the first film. I will admit it gives some nice drama between Gwen and George though so there’s that, and I did tear up a little at their make up. I assume a lot of this was planned for her own spin off film but I guess we’ll see if that’s what the upcoming animated Spider Woman film is.

Spot was fun but I like the fact they’re saving him and Earth 42 Prowler to have the show down in BTSV so we can have plenty of character development here. I am really warming to two part movies when they are well done. Happy to see that Noir and Penny are back for the third movie, was missing them a bit here. Miguel was thankfully not just a hero broke bad, his reasons for his turn to semi villainy make sense. I was hoping Octavia and/or Superior Spider-Man would show but I think they are planning her to turn up in Beyond to be the main villain for a third story or Gwen’s spin off, plus maybe an teenage or adult May Parker as Spider-Girl as well.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse was a great film. I particularly enjoyed seeing more of Spider-Gwen Earth-65, translating the comic book to the big screen so well done and The Spectacular Spider-Man appearing as I love that show. I definitely prefer Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse though, it's leaner and tighter.

SPOILERS:

spoilers:
    I guessed ahead of time the third act twist that Miles Morales was on the wrong Earth because the animation style was different to that we've seen before in both films.

I spotted The Spectacular Spider-Man three times: cradling Captain Stacy in the ASM (Vol. 1) #90 montage, his speaking part and with his Uncle Ben in the Uncle Ben part of the film.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Marvel Comics:
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Rehashes Superior Spider-Man because they are literally out of ideas.
    end of spoilers
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Marvel Comics:
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    And how has that worked for the Billion dollar making and 3 Oscar winner Black Panther?

You would THINK that would be a HUGE hint in what NOT to do.