Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

So my take is, i have absolutely no reverence for Gwen Stacy-616, don't care for her, never have, even before OMD upped resentment towards her and editorial pushing her as pete's OTP, that was icky, but i was already indifferent. To me she holds an important place in SM history due to the way her death shaped and gave the tone of his stories going foward, call it fridging, call it whatever but i enjoy her as being just that. So that being said, i do not co-relate her to being equivalent to spider-gwen in any meaningful way apart from looks and name, and SG is a character i do in fact enjoy and want to see more of.

I think the movie is going to do right by a Gwiles romance, if it orients how the comics might go about doing it in the comics we'll be all the better for it, cause at the end of the day, romance or not, as long as the stories are fun and make me wanna keep seeing more of these characters i can take ''flawed continuity'', ''forced synergy'' or whatever.

I think the movie has a better chance of pushing gwen towards a better showing/presence in comics than a mostly well written solo book ever could(even if we'll need good writers to keep her there), thats just the nature of the beast, and adding romance just sells much better. I for one got way more tuned to SG's solos after SIAT and ITSV for example.

The Gwiles romance seems like it's building to be a truly organic and good one. Just want them to commit to it. Have them truly get together in the 2nd film, have them in a relationship in the 3rd and stay in the relationship.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Anyone have the magazine that came out yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    That doesn't matter. Perception is extremely important. There will always be more people that see a cover of a comic, than are actually reading it's contents. The fact that Gwiles still features on covers shows it still has value to Marvel. Mary Jane hasn't been with Peter for about a year now but Marvel still rolled out a little animation featuring them for valentines day. They maintain the perception of it being something later for people who read, and people who don't it shows it's still a thing. If Marvel wanted Gwiles dead, it would be no question. Look how easily they squashed Spider-silk. Peter hasn't appeared on a single cover with her for years.
    And again, by your very logic, every single variant cover that exists is Marvel committing to whatever it is that they show. In a sea of variants that don’t amount to anything, it’s pretty disingenuous to cherry pick that when nothing of their content actually follows through. As you put it, when it came to Peter and MJ, they put out an animation for them and even when they’re apart in comics, most features for Peter present her as the one he’s after. That is what actually throwing support for a ship looks like, actually establishing and putting weight behind it.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 03-17-2023 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Anyone have the magazine that came out yesterday?
    If you have iTunes news+ you can read it threw there. I was actually able to read it 2 days before it release.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    If you have iTunes news you can read it threw there. I was actually able to read it 2 days before it release.

Anything on Peter B or his fam or was it mostly just the other characters in this movie

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Anything on Peter B or his fam or was it mostly just the other characters in this movie
    No sadly nothing new on peter b or mayday. They talk mostly about Miles,Gwen,Miguel and Hobbie ontop of the different art styles in the film, the pressure and high expectations of the sequel and the need to go beyond even the first film. They talk a bit about punks universe and his unique art style while still keeping the 5th dimension they are working on a secret but Phil says it goes hard visually. There are also interviews with shameek, Haliee, and Oscar talking about their characters and what recording was like and how lord&miller are funny and constantly improving the dialogue. They test screened the movie already and it was being compared to the empire strikes back which sounds really good to me. A credible leaker on Twitter says the film is just as good if not better than the first.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

No sadly nothing new on peter b or mayday. They talk mostly about Miles,Gwen,Miguel and Hobbie ontop of the different art styles in the film, the pressure and high expectations of the sequel and the need to go beyond even the first film. They talk a bit about punks universe and his unique art style while still keeping the 5th dimension they are working on a secret but Phil says it goes hard visually. There are also interviews with shameek, Haliee, and Oscar talking about their characters and what recording was like and how lord&miller are funny and constantly improving the dialogue. They test screened the movie already and it was being compared to the empire strikes back which sounds really good to me. A credible leaker on Twitter says the film is just as good if not better than the first.
    Aww...well, maybe Mayday is going to have such a HUGE role in the movie that they don't want to spoil it.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Idk it seems like most the focus is going straight to Miles&Gwen for these films with the main lineup of Spiders being secondary but we’ll see. I think she’ll have a decent sized role in the film along with her dad

Ps: from the looks of it from variety it’s possible the film might get an Oscar nomination for best picture.

https://twitter.com/onetakenews/stat...lVLRWCF1wYj31Q

https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...lVLRWCF1wYj31Q

This guy is a very credible leaker so if he says it’s possible then I believe him.
    Last edited by Cornbread11; 03-17-2023 at 02:02 PM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Idk it seems like most the focus is going straight to Miles&Gwen for these films with the main lineup of Spiders being secondary but we’ll see. I think she’ll have a decent sized role in the film along with her dad

Ps: from the looks of it from variety it’s possible the film might get an Oscar nomination for best picture.

This guy is a very credible leaker so if he says it’s possible then I believe him.
    That would be something else, that is for sure.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And again, by your very logic, every single variant cover that exists is Marvel committing to whatever it is that they show. In a sea of variants that don’t amount to anything, it’s pretty disingenuous to cherry pick that when nothing of their content actually follows through. As you put it, when it came to Peter and MJ, they put out an animation for them and even when they’re apart in comics, most features for Peter present her as the one he’s after. That is what actually throwing support for a ship looks like, actually establishing and putting weight behind it.
    I never variant covers were a commitment to content. I said they were a window into what Marvel values. Ziglar and Saladin may hate Gwiles, wish it were dead and buried or whatever but nothing in their issues so far contradicts the validity of Gwiles. There's no "Oh, she's like a sister to me." type of deal. Either they don't want to address it or editorial won't allow them to. It doesn't matter either way because somebody at Marvel still values this pairing. They wouldn't keep commissioning/allowing Variant artist to ship tease. Gwen's recap video released from Marvel itself would not have referenced the pairing and Sitting in a Tree. No Miles + Gwen don't have another big adventure together, no they don't have guests appearances in each others books besides a couple of mentions. But it's also not nothing.

the focus should be on Miles as much as possible anyway
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    the focus should be on Miles as much as possible anyway
    Yeah, Miles is pretty clearly the main character and deservedly so.

Spectacular Member

Same, I got to say itsv has really changed how I felt about the pair compared to the comic IÂ’m really enjoying the build up more than I ever have for any relationship in a superhero film by FAR. I have complete faith in lord&miller to deliver on this and do it Leagues better than sitting in a tree ever could with a more satisfying pay-off.

Ps: a lot of people are taking this love-triangle thing the wrong way that is really not the case at all especially if you listen to what kemp powers is saying along with lord&millers previous interviews itÂ’s all miles assuming itÂ’s something when it really is not. Hobby is literally her best spider friend do to them having a lot in common especially when it comes to music. The romance is only focused on miles&gwen and miles&gwen only. The main plot is not focused on that itÂ’s literally on traveling the multiverse, stopping the spot and Miles deciding what kinda Spider-Man he is trying to be compared to the others.
    It's great to see Chris and Phil understand this is Miles story and they wanna build on his story. They also keeping his well done romance with gwen. Miles in ITSV is better than all live action peters

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    It's great to see Chris and Phil understand this is Miles story and they wanna build on his story. They also keeping his well done romance with gwen. Miles in ITSV is better than all live action peters
    Well, he's more consistent than some of the live action Peters .