Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Based on the synopsis, it definitely sounds like Morlun as the main villain.

Honestly SpOck as the big villain wouldn't really make sense.

And Miguel looks like he's subbing in Peter B's role as the third major character. So much like the first movie, I don't think people should really get their hopes up that other Spider's outside of the main three (which is looking like Miles, Gwen and Miguel this time) are going to get massive roles. It's like how Noir, Ham and Peni didn't really appear until like the final third of the original movie.
    Well at the end of the day, this is still Miles focused. I have no problem with this. The fact 2099 Spiderman is on board is enough even if we can't expand on 2nd and 3rd level characters.

Clone Brothers are probably not a part of this, so I just want to see Peter B. Parker in ATSV. Is it confirmed he's returning?

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Clone Brothers are probably not a part of this, so I just want to see Peter B. Parker in ATSV. Is it confirmed he's returning?
    Yeah the previous cast should be returning now for how long that is unsure
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Part 1 has now been moved from 7th October 2022 to 2nd June 2023 while Part 2 won't swing into cinemas till 29th March 2024.

---
    Disappointing news to wake up to. Sure it'll be worth the wait though.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Part 1 has now been moved from 7th October 2022 to 2nd June 2023 while Part 2 won't swing into cinemas till 29th March 2024.

---
    Disappointing news to wake up to. Sure it'll be worth the wait though.
    So Summer of next year and the beginning of the year after that...well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait .

I hope it improves the film with the delay.

Astonishing Member

I was hoping for once I would get a great Batman film and Spider-Man film in the same year. Oh well.

BANNED

I wonder if the villains really are the Inheritors and Sony executives thought another movie in the same year with vampires was too much of a gamble after you-know-what flopped?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I wonder if the villains really are the Inheritors and Sony executives thought another movie in the same year with vampires was too much of a gamble after you-know-what flopped?
    As far as we can tell, Lord and Miller have the same free reign on this as with the first. I'm guessing post-production is taking longer than usual.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    As far as we can tell, Lord and Miller have the same free reign on this as with the first. I'm guessing post-production is taking longer than usual.
    It wasn't really about creative control and telling them not to do things, just they didn't want audiences going to two Spider movies that have thematically the same things

I think getting the animation right is a more likely reason, but I would honestly be shocked if the Inheritors are in this.

It's still just funnier to blame Morbius for this

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    It's still just funnier to blame Morbius for this
    Thanks Jared Leto (and Sony) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think getting the animation right is a more likely reason, but I would honestly be shocked if the Inheritors are in this.
    I think the Spider-Verse people could do the Inheritors better than Slott did.

(I do think it might just be Morlun, with a sequel hook revealing Morlun has a family.)

Astonishing Member

Inheritors or an evil Spider-Man are the only realistic options. I'm not sure what other villain they can use.

Also, with the news that different universes will have different animation styles, I suspect we will see Christopher Daniel-Barnes and Josh Keaton cameo in this. Yes, as their most iconic versions. ITSV already set the precedent by including 60's Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 04-21-2022 at 10:15 AM.