Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2022). Footage and name of film announced.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXJ3_...ture=emb_title

Part one next year. Gwen and Miles have new suits. Can't wait!

Extraordinary Member

Looks fantastic

My theory is Superior Spider-man is the villain and Gwen is tricked by him.Miguel knows what's going on and is trying to stop them.

Here's hoping we see PeterMJ reunion + Mayday tease

Astonishing Member

What does the "Part One" means? Also, I really hope for Mayday appearing too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    What does the "Part One" means? Also, I really hope for Mayday appearing too.
    It's going to be multiple parts, like the last 2 Harry Potter films or Infinity War and Endgame.I and most others think 2 parts, could be more

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Looks fantastic

My theory is Superior Spider-man is the villain and Gwen is tricked by him.Miguel knows what's going on and is trying to stop them.

Superior Spider-Man being the main antagonist would honestly be great. Miles finding out he's Otto and learning what he did to his world's Peter would be emotional asf and a shock to people who don't know him from the comics.

Also YES to Mayday. PLEASE. Would love to see Spider-Punk, Silk, Spiders-Man, maybe even Earth X Venom and ESPECIALLY Ben Reilly too. Ben and Mayday are my most needed characters in this lol.
    Last edited by JustLuke; 12-04-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

The Spectacular Spider-Man from the wonderful animated show of the same name is by far my most wanted Spider to show then The Superior Spider-Man and Ben Reilly as the Scarlet Spider.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Looks fantastic

It would be interesting to see if Dr. Olivia Octavius would return as Superior Spider-Man in this movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    It would be interesting to see if Dr. Olivia Octavius would return as Superior Spider-Man in this movie.
    No, definitely not. In all case, she would be the "Superior Spider-Woman", don't you think?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Based on the synopsis, it definitely sounds like Morlun as the main villain.

Miles Morales returns for the next chapter of the Oscar®-winning Spider-Verse saga, an epic adventure that will transport Brooklyn’s full-time, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man across the Multiverse to join forces with Gwen Stacy and a new team of Spider-People to face off with a villain more powerful than anything they have ever encountered.
    Honestly SpOck as the big villain wouldn't really make sense.

And Miguel looks like he's subbing in Peter B's role as the third major character. So much like the first movie, I don't think people should really get their hopes up that other Spider's outside of the main three (which is looking like Miles, Gwen and Miguel this time) are going to get massive roles. It's like how Noir, Ham and Peni didn't really appear until like the final third of the original movie.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 12-04-2021 at 09:45 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, it seems to indicate Morlun could be the bad guy. Which really worries me, considering what a monster he is in the comics.

Astonishing Member

Amazing Member

"We wrote what we thought the story needed to be, and to our surprise we realized it was two movies instead of one. We're working on them both as we speak. Part Two will be out sometime in 2023." - Lord and Miller

Awesome. Only 1 year between parts. I'm really excited for this!

Mighty Member

Miguel!

I loved the first one, so I was on board for this in any event. Not loving Gwen's new look as much as I could. I loved the ballet slippers, but I suppose the blue sneakers will grow on me. Miles needs a new look in a bad way though.

But yeah, Miguel. Is this the first animated appearance for 2099? I know he appeared in at least one video game. And obviously as alternate costumes. But this should be awesome.

Fingers crossed for Mayday. She'd make a fun counterpoint to Gwen and hits the same Parker family/legacy buttons the first film played with. I'd love to see Kaine or Ben as well, but I'm not getting my hopes up on either front.

Excellent teaser, well played.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Based on the synopsis, it definitely sounds like Morlun as the main villain.

Honestly SpOck as the big villain wouldn't really make sense.

And Miguel looks like he's subbing in Peter B's role as the third major character. So much like the first movie, I don't think people should really get their hopes up that other Spider's outside of the main three (which is looking like Miles, Gwen and Miguel this time) are going to get massive roles. It's like how Noir, Ham and Peni didn't really appear until like the final third of the original movie.
    I think they confirmed Leopardon showing up.

I'm curious if any of the Spider-Women will show up to set up that spinoff movie (if it's still happening).
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    But yeah, Miguel. Is this the first animated appearance for 2099? I know he appeared in at least one video game. And obviously as alternate costumes. But this should be awesome.
    He was in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon adaption of Spider-Verse.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

He was in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon adaption of Spider-Verse.
    I tried watching a few episodes of that when if debuted and hated every minute of it. Explains how I missed that one. Might have to check out the Spider-Verse episodes just for cameos and appearances.