Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I tried watching a few episodes of that when if debuted and hated every minute of it. Explains how I missed that one. Might have to check out the Spider-Verse episodes just for cameos and appearances.
    It especially made even less sense as Ultimate Spider-Man was already based more loosely on the Ultimate comics Peter than 616, so when Peter in the show goes to another world where Miles Morales resides, it makes less of a cool comparison because it’s not like grown up, experienced Peter meeting Miles in Spider-Men. It just seems like Peter died at the same age he currently was in the Disney XD universe. And then you have Peters Goblin, already based on Ultimate Goblin, Fighting an even more exaggerated Ultimate Goblin from Miles universe since they were making an Ultimate Universe to a world that was already an adaptation of Spideys Ultimate Universe. Makes my head hurt just thinking about it lol. Don’t know why they have Goblin have the glider and pumpkin bombs on top of being all Hulk-like, more akin to Ultimate Gobby.

Extraordinary Member

I really hope we get a redemption arc for Peter B. Parker and see him get back in his prime.The comic Spider-verse literally stated that (616)Peter is the best Spider-man and while I don't expect that here I hope he gets back w/ MJ + Mayday and starts kicking all the butt.

Spectacular Member

It's all good, but why Spider 2099 doesn't have his web cape?

It's hard to do in the games, but couldn't they add it in the movie? It's the best part of his costume and what makes it unique compared to the other Spideys.

The first universe that Miles travels to is Spider-Man: India's universe, as denoted by the locator number 50101 on Miguel's wrist, the onomatopoeia words appearing in Hindi and the "Mumbai/Manhattan" hybridization of the city to Mumbattan (reminds me of San Fransokyo from the Big Hero 6 film)

I notice we didn't see Gwen's world. And with Gwen coming to Miles, I doubt we will see much of her world.

I would guess they only plan on really showing off one MJ. The one from Peter B's world (I'm thinking she'll either be pregnant or baby Mayday will already have been born).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I notice we didn't see Gwen's world. And with Gwen coming to Miles, I doubt we will see much of her world.

I would guess they only plan on really showing off one MJ. The one from Peter B's world (I'm thinking she'll either be pregnant or baby Mayday will already have been born).
    If we meet Spider-Man: India's supporting cast, Meera Jain counts as an MJ, right? She was the original template for MCU Michelle Jones to have an AU MJ whose name isn't Mary Jane Watson (though it made more sense in the context of Spider-Man: India where every character's name including Peter's was Indianized)

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    If we meet Spider-Man: India's supporting cast, Meera Jain counts as an MJ, right? She was the original template for MCU Michelle Jones to have an AU MJ whose name isn't Mary Jane Watson (though it made more sense in the context of Spider-Man: India where every character's name including Peter's was Indianized)

I'm not expecting many of the new Spider-People to have major roles beyond Oscar Isaac's Miguel O'Hara. So I doubt they'll delve much into Pavitr Prabhakar's world.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not expecting many of the new Spider-People to have major roles beyond Oscar Isaac's Miguel O'Hara. So I doubt we'll delve much into Pavitr Prabhakar's world.
    Unfortunately yeah

Really hope they can flesh out Peter and Miguel more in this one on top

The Spot was rumored to be a villain in this months back, I think he could really shine in a movie like this. Probably not the only or main villain but he could be great. Looks flippin phenomenal, we are very lucky fans.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they confirmed Leopardon showing up.

I'm curious if any of the Spider-Women will show up to set up that spinoff movie (if it's still happening).
    Jessica Drew is already confirmed as well. I think if we see signs of Cindy in a future trailer will be the true indicator if the Inheritors are really the big bads here.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm not expecting many of the new Spider-People to have major roles beyond Oscar Isaac's Miguel O'Hara. So I doubt they'll delve much into Pavitr Prabhakar's world.
    It's a two-parter though so I think they could delve into at least 2-3 other Spider-folks, especially if we are visiting their home universes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Jessica Drew is already confirmed as well. I think if we see signs of Cindy in a future trailer will be the true indicator if the Inheritors are really the big bads here.
    Yeah, Issa Rae is voicing Jessica Drew, so I'm sure she'll have a sizable role over two films.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's a two-parter though so I think they could delve into at least 2-3 other Spider-folks, especially if we are visiting their home universes.
    Takuya Yamashiro is obviously going to get some of the spotlight on him. You know you want Leopardon in as much as possible.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Lol since they’re using the comic-accurate Earth designations, that means every time we talk about the animated Spider-Verse versions of the comic characters, we will have to put an E before the earth number, like people did with E-616 and E-1610. I just had a thought. What if Miguel’s world doesn’t end up using the 928 designation, and is actually the future E-616, like what they’ve been trying to do a couple times in ASM and the last 2 runs of Miguel’s book. They could explain it being that time moves faster on E-616, that’s why Peter was older in the first place? I know this is most likely not the case but a lot of people are theorizing Miguel will replace Peter’s roll in this movie, and that’s how they could possibly do it.

Speaking of, I’m still super confused about what happened in Spencer’s 2099 event, is Miguel currently living his life in the 616 present or is the new version of him that was born from 2099 rewriting itself now his replacement? We have too many different versions of Miguel rn so I’m confused, there’s the original 982 version who starred in the original 2099 ongoing plus Spider-Man meets Spider-Man 2099, there’s the second version that I think is supposed to be an earlier version of 982, but conflicts with some of the end of the original, who was also the 616 future, who also canonically met Peter in the Spider-Man meets SM 2099 meaning he should be the same, was a star in Slott’s Spider-Verse and the two most recent runs of Spidey 2099, and there’s a new version of Miguel created by all the timey-wimey stuff that happened in Spencer’s 2099 story that got his own one-shot. Sorry if anyone got lost reading this I’m still trying to sort this out myself lol.

Takuya Yamashiro is obviously going to get some of the spotlight on him. You know you want Leopardon in as much as possible.
    Oh yeah we want the emissary of hell in this movie. He still has one of my best honest trailer
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy