Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

the real funny part about spoilers:
    Miguel lecturing about how there always has to be a dead police captain or a dead uncle or whathaveyou is that Miguel never went through any of that in the comics lol.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I get that, but very few of these characters are played as seriously as they are in the comics. I don't think it's a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Glad to hear it. The first one did ok but a lot worse than the live action movies. Glad to see it being successful. The comics should take notes from several parts of it. Miles AND Peter related.

Mighty Member

Just came back from seeing it.
    It was great, the animation was smooth and the pacing was pretty good.

I'm excited for March now.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Just came back from seeing it.
    It was great, the animation was smooth and the pacing was pretty good.

I'm excited for March now.
    yeah this is on track to be the best cbm trilogy. Crazy how much success miles is having even before getting a live action debut (no way that lives up to this). honestly i hope they milk the hell out of this spiderverse, lot of these alt spider people can easilly shine in their own movie.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    yeah this is on track to be the best cbm trilogy. Crazy how much success miles is having even before getting a live action debut (no way that lives up to this). honestly i hope they milk the hell out of this spiderverse, lot of these alt spider people can easilly shine in their own movie.
    I hope after they complete the trilogy that we get spin-offs about some of these guys. Noir is already getting a live action TV series, but I need more of Miguel, Hobie, Pav, Ben and Peni.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    the real funny part about spoilers:
    Miguel lecturing about how there always has to be a dead police captain or a dead uncle or whathaveyou is that Miguel never went through any of that in the comics lol.
    end of spoilers
    That seems like it's going to be a plot in the follow up movie and will likely also tie into a significant element of his backstory.

spoilers:
    If we go by his comics, Miguel isn't the first Spiderman of his world. His world is in a future, where a Peter Parker had allready been Spiderman 100 years in the past.

Infact his comic backstory is that he was a scientist who was involved in experiments to recreate the abilities of the original Spiderman and used a machine to give himself those powers, rather than being bitten by a modified spider.

Therefor all "canon event" that apply to the first Spider-People and the various variants of Peter Parker, had allready occured in his world with the Spiderman of his past.

This ironicaly means that Miguel and Miles would be in the same boat. They are successor Spidermen, which means they are not required to fullfill the "canon events" anymore like the many first gen Spiderpeople and Peter Parker variants would apparently have to.

Which brings us to another next gen Spider-Person this movie introduced. Mayday Parker. Her entire existence is actualy the result of her father having allready gone through all important "canon events" a Spider-Man can have.

Bitten by a modified spider, witnessed Captain Stacy dying, had Gwen Stacy die, fought the various villains, had great moments of doubt and determination, married MJ, etc. Infact Peter B. Parker actualy went further than most Spider-People have, which means he has gone into the "unknown waters" as far as the "canon" goes.

Infact given the existence of the Spidergirl comic and multiple other variants of Mayday Parker, there is a claim to be made that she is infact a canon event for the Peter Parker Spider-People in itself.

So given that Peter B.'s Mayday only exists thanks to his adventure with Miles pulling him out of his depression and convincing him to restart his relationship with MJ, Miles anomaly actualy ensured a canon event to happen.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Miguel's failure has turned him into such a fatalist in the truest sense of the world that he has become blind to the variables including his own very existence.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-04-2023 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    That seems like it's going to be a plot in the follow up movie and will likely also tie into a significant element of his backstory.

spoilers:
    If we go by his comics, Miguel isn't the first Spiderman of his world. His world is in a future, where a Peter Parker had allready been Spiderman 100 years in the past.

Infact his comic backstory is that he was a scientist who was involved in experiments to recreate the abilities of the original Spiderman and used a machine to give himself those powers, rather than being bitten by a modified spider.

Therefor all "canon event" that apply to the first Spider-People and the various variants of Peter Parker, had allready occured in his world with the Spiderman of his past.

This ironicaly means that Miguel and Miles would be in the same boat. They are successor Spidermen, which means they are not required to fullfill the "canon events" anymore like the many first gen Spiderpeople and Peter Parker variants would apparently have to.

Which brings us to another next gen Spider-Person this movie introduced. Mayday Parker. Her entire existence is actualy the result of her father having allready gone through all important "canon events" a Spider-Man can have.

Bitten by a modified spider, witnessed Captain Stacy dying, had Gwen Stacy die, fought the various villains, had great moments of doubt and determination, married MJ, etc. Infact Peter B. Parker actualy went further than most Spider-People have, which means he has gone into the "unknown waters" as far as the "canon" goes.

Infact given the existence of the Spidergirl comic and multiple other variants of Mayday Parker, there is a claim to be made that she is infact a canon event for the Peter Parker Spider-People in itself.

So given that Peter B.'s Mayday only exists thanks to his adventure with Miles pulling him out of his depression and convincing him to restart his relationship with MJ, Miles anomaly actualy ensured a canon event to happen.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Miguel's failure has turned him into such a fatalist in the truest sense of the world that he has become blind to the variables including his own very existence.
    end of spoilers
    oh I really like this interpretation, hope it pans out that way!

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

The movie seems deliberately have Peter B. into more passive role throughout the film: probably because they want to focus on Miles, Gwen, and Miguel for this movie.

Kinda wishes Peter B. would have more larger role in the next film though.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    The movie seems deliberately have Peter B. into more passive role throughout the film: probably because they want to focus on Miles, Gwen, and Miguel for this movie.

Kinda wishes Peter B. would have more larger role in the next film though.
    Makes sense he already had his turn in the first film next film I suspect his major moment is going to be given to his daughter. He keeps bringing her to these life and death missions for a reason.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I hope after they complete the trilogy that we get spin-offs about some of these guys. Noir is already getting a live action TV series, but I need more of Miguel, Hobie, Pav, Ben and Peni.
    Different Noir though, won’t be Peter.

I would love to see them do a series of twenty to thirty minute films for all of those, plus Peter B and MJ and May, Pig and Noir.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Different Noir though, won’t be Peter.

I would love to see them do a series of twenty to thirty minute films for all of those, plus Peter B and MJ and May, Pig and Noir.
    they could do it as an anthology series - how cool would 30-50 min episodes be in different animation styles focusing on an adventure of different spider-people, some can get follow up episodes in subsequent seasons, and maybe end of season crossover against Morlun or something

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    they could do it as an anthology series - how cool would 30-50 min episodes be in different animation styles focusing on an adventure of different spider-people, some can get follow up episodes in subsequent seasons, and maybe end of season crossover against Morlun or something
    Something like a cross between Star Wars Visions and What If? with nine to ten episodes would be awesome, and I like the idea of having a villain like Morlun as a connective tissue since I suspect if we get a third story or the Gwen spin-off it’ll be a good place for Octavia to return with some Superior Spider-Man concept, so Morlun in a series of animations being all the Spiders together sounds great.

Spectacular Member

The whole film is about Miles and Gwen relationship. It was sad to see them missing each other and not being able to see each other. It was not easy for them to be alone. Can't wait to see them get together in Miles next film.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    IIRC, lighting was weird. I coudln't tell race, but given the recent history about red heads and how they fair in live action adaptation that part isn't dispositive.

I mean, the thing is, liking stuff is great. If you can get enjoyment out of it, then that's a good thing. It's just that if people were hoping that they were getting a serious take on the character they will be disappointed. Put another way, the Andy Samberg casting is not a subversion.

It's literally everyone at this point but them.
    MJ is black in this Gwen's world. This Gwen loves Miles. Miles films and games don't need Peter. Y'all going to have deal with it. You're bias is going to have to cry you to sleep.
    Last edited by milesvspeter; 06-05-2023 at 12:55 PM.