Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Greg Weisman has taken to twitter to say he didn't know any of this, and only takes it as confirmation that Spec Spidey is on a poster, which doesn't necessarily mean he's in the movie itself.

https://twitter.com/Greg_Weisman/sta...Ci1cW6k8csAAAA
    Well, that's pretty silly honestly. He's gonna be in the movie. The question is how little or substantial it is. Regardless it's a nice nod given that Spectacular has been summarily ignored from ever being acknowledged since in any other media.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Well, that's pretty silly honestly. He's gonna be in the movie. The question is how little or substantial it is. Regardless it's a nice nod given that Spectacular has been summarily ignored from ever being acknowledged since in any other media.
    I will be delightfully surprised if it's more than just a visual cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we should be prepared for a lot of these characters to just be visual cameos and not get a lot to do outside appear and/or chase Miles.
    Naw let them build up hype so later on I can read their disappointment in the comments
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I think we should be prepared for a lot of these characters to just be visual cameos and not get a lot to do outside appear and/or chase Miles.
    And that's fine, there is going to be like a grand total of 240 characters altogether, that's a lot to pack into a single movie.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

I honestly think most people are expecting the animated Spideys to be nothing more than a cameo. It’s just that Spectacular getting ANYTHING at all after being completely ignored after its cancellation gets people excited just to see the character design in something again.

Spectacular Member

Miller clearly stated that they are cameos and it's Miles story, nothing more. Why would they Stuff non important characters into the main plot. All they need is fast cameos that's it. We want a well written film, not fan service for no reason. Well i want a good film, y'all may just want a bad film with cameos and fan service

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I honestly think most people are expecting the animated Spideys to be nothing more than a cameo. It’s just that Spectacular getting ANYTHING at all after being completely ignored after its cancellation gets people excited just to see the character design in something again.
    It's one of the few Sony-owned animated shows so that's probably why. Still nice to see, but I agree that it's probably no more than a small cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    It's one of the few Sony-owned animated shows so that's probably why. Still nice to see, but I agree that it's probably no more than a small cameo.
    As long as Josh Keaton gets a line, I'll be happy.

(And Christopher Daniel Barnes gets a line too.)

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    Miller clearly stated that they are cameos and it's Miles story, nothing more. Why would they Stuff non important characters into the main plot. All they need is fast cameos that's it. We want a well written film, not fan service for no reason. Well i want a good film, y'all may just want a bad film with cameos and fan service
    To be honest I'm pretty multiversed out.

Astonishing Member

I will be delightfully surprised if it's more than just a visual cameo.
    Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    I think the format will be like in ITSV: 1 "main" main character (Miles), 2 other main characters (Peter B and Gwen), and 3 secondary characters (Noir, Peni, Ham).

ATSV probably added Miguel as a main character, and has more Spider-People in the background that won't even count as secondary characters.

Spectacular and Insomniac Spidey could be cameos, but I wouldn't rule out them getting as much screentime and dialogue as Noir, Peni, and Spider-Ham did in the first film.

As long as Josh Keaton gets a line, I'll be happy.

(And Christopher Daniel Barnes gets a line too.)

With no sign of TAS Spidey on that poster, my only fear is they made the common mistake of thinking TAS and Unlimited were the same version.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 12-21-2022 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think the format will be like in ITSV: 1 "main" main character (Miles), 2 other main characters (Peter B and Gwen), and 3 secondary characters (Noir, Peni, Ham).

ATSV probably added Miguel as a main character, and has more Spider-People in the background that won't even count as secondary characters.

Spectacular and Insomniac Spidey could be cameos, but I wouldn't rule out them getting as much screentime and dialogue as Noir, Peni, and Spider-Ham did in the first film.
    I don't think Peter B. is going to be that significant in this movie. He's definitely going to appear because he was popular, but he feels like a secondary character in this one. Mostly there to introduce the audience to Mayday (who also won't have a major role in this one because she's a baby).

Feels like Miles, Gwen, Miguel, and Jessica are the leads in this movie. Peter B. and Mayday are secondary characters. Spider-Punk also seems like he's going to be a secondary character. After that? Not sure exactly. (And even Jessica might actually be a secondary character in this one.)

Astonishing Member

I don't think Peter B. is going to be that significant in this movie. He's definitely going to appear because he was popular, but he feels like a secondary character in this one. Mostly there to introduce the audience to Mayday (who also won't have a major role in this one because she's a baby).

Feels like Miles, Gwen, Miguel, and Jessica are the leads in this movie. Peter B. and Mayday are secondary characters. Spider-Punk also seems like he's going to be a secondary character. After that? Not sure exactly. (And even Jessica might actually be a secondary character in this one.)
    It's possible, but I wouldn't rule it out yet. My impression from the trailer is that Miles, Gwen, and Peter B. will be "one team" in the sense they'll be travelling together.

I think the lack of Peter B. marketing is because he is the franchise's default Peter. Showing him doesn't signal "Spider-Verse" the way showing Miles, Gwen, Miguel, and other versions of Peter does. In the first film they kinda needed him for the marketing, now not so much.

I suspect the priority will go something like this:

Main Lead - Miles
    Other Leads - Peter B., Gwen, and Miguel
    Secondary Characters - At least Jessica, Pavitr, and Hobie. Maybe Ben Reilly and Spectacular too.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 12-21-2022 at 05:41 PM.

I think the idea is that Peter B. is torn between siding with Miles and siding with Miguel over the main conflict.

It seems like the "main" Spiders are Miles, Gwen, Peter B., Miguel, Jessica, Hobie, Pavitr, and Ben since they get the trailer focus/merch.

Yeah there's 7 main worlds the film takes place in they've said so you gotta think about it in terms of those characters probably.

Miles' world, Gwen's world, Pavtir's world, Miguel's world are ones I know they've confirmed for sure/we've seen. I feel like odds are good we'll see Ben Reilly's world 'cuz he's got a really cool looking early 90s comic art inspired thing going on with his character design and I feel like that kind of world is something they'd probably want to get a chance to explore in animation for a bit.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

With no sign of TAS Spidey on that poster, my only fear is they made the common mistake of thinking TAS and Unlimited were the same version.
    Gwen,Noir, Peni, and Spider-Ham could have been cut out the first film and nothing in the main plot would change. It will be that same this time for everyone, but Miles and maybe Gwen, 2099, Punk and Jessica this time. Lord and Miller knows how to write without taking focus away from the main plot with fan service