Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    850

    Default House of m and magneto Hickman's HOXPOX spoliers

    The /worst part is that "It not being Wanda fault" is kinda canon thanks to Hickman's HOXPOX it literally means that the trio of Magneto, Moira and Xavier deliberately caused M-Day to help radicalize mutants.

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    850

    Default

    It blows my mind that this canon

  3. #3
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    If i recall right the common counter argument is that the three did not exactly knew what was going to happen and that M-Day might have not occured in Moira's previous lives, so they might have not been aware of it being the outcome of the specific actions which resulted in it.

    Kinda like how in The Foundation, they can only predict large scale events caused by societies, not individual people's actions.

    But yes if the retcon is taken at face value everything including all the horrible things like the Mutant Massacre, Genosha, M-Day, M-Pox were all according to plan to create the groundwork for Krakoa as the "victory road" for mutantkind to "win".

    All while there is the possible implication that Moira herself is what always causes events to go down the drain further and further with each of her manipulation attempts.

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    850

    Default

    hickman's HOXPOX means magneto knew about house of m and did not prevent it

  5. #5
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    Another counter argument is they new it needed to happen and let it happen to get to Krakoa. Greater good and all that.
    You brought back Wolverine

    The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

  6. #6
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    It blows my mind that this canon
    Once again tearing down X for Wanda's benefit.
    Here's the thing;

    I don't care.

  7. #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Another counter argument is they new it needed to happen and let it happen to get to Krakoa. Greater good and all that.
    then yeah, neither he nor Xavier prevented it. Also HoxPox showed multiple like I think 10 ways the future could go/what they did, iirc.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Once again tearing down X for Wanda's benefit.
    no Once again tearing down WANDA AND PIETRO for magnetos's benefit.

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    850

    Default

    That is one way to see it Mutant Massacre, Genosha the dead of jean grey house of m is Magneto, Moira and Xaviers fault

  10. #10
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Another counter argument is they new it needed to happen and let it happen to get to Krakoa. Greater good and all that.
    Ah "For the greater good" the reasoning for good people to sacrifice their moral values which will haunt them forever, but more often the argument made by heros before they fall to villainy and so often just the first step towards ruin.

  11. #11
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Ah "For the greater good" the reasoning for good people to sacrifice their moral values which will haunt them forever, but more often the argument made by heros before they fall to villainy and so often just the first step towards ruin.
    Sounds like a good story
    You brought back Wolverine

    The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,008

    Default

    Did HoM happen in any of Moiras other lives? It was 616 Wanda that said it and it was her wave that traverses the omniverse. It wasn't multiple Wandas whose wave converged but a single Wanda.

    The only other Wanda who did it at a different incident was AoA Wanda but she could only remove the xgene from within a few feet

  13. #13
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Sounds like a good story
    But at what price for characters who are still expected to be around potentialy ad infinitum, while these moments rupture the very foundation on which they have been build?

    It's difficult to seed a barren earth covered in ruins and expect anything healthy to grow from it anymore.

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Did HoM happen in any of Moiras other lives? It was 616 Wanda that said it and it was her wave that traverses the omniverse. It wasn't multiple Wandas whose wave converged but a single Wanda.

    The only other Wanda who did it at a different incident was AoA Wanda but she could only remove the xgene from within a few feet
    the retcon Hickman's HOXPOX says all according to plan to create the groundwork for Krakoa

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    the retcon Hickman's HOXPOX says all according to plan to create the groundwork for Krakoa
    Just looked life 8 Moira establishes HoM and dies in War of M.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •