Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

My idea is simple: it's was coincidental the the founding members were all in the same place at the right time. So, they decided to bring together their talents and brains to form a team that protects the Earth.

Incredible Member

I'd rather a modernized retelling of "The Brave and the Bold #28" (not a big fan of the Appellaxians, and I agree Darkseid's too big a villain; has to be Starro). Just expand on certain concepts, like actually having Superman and Batman involved.
    Last edited by Multiverse; 12-06-2021 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not just the Justice Lords. It was also Superman being brainwashed to attack earth at the end of Superman: TAS. This is what caused Emil Hamilton to betray Superman. The Justice Lords appearing years later only added to an existing fire.

They also said that Cadmus was born out of them trying to connect every 'secret govt ops' that appeared in almost every DCAU show. Cadmus simply assimilated all of them into one.
    Hm, always got the impression that the brainwashing only made Hamilton betray Supes and not much else, it actually starting Cadmus is nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Still one of my favorite overarching storylines in the DCAU.
    Yeah, while the way the Lords were defeated was an asspull, it's nice that their existence left such a mark in the setting, and they didn't even cause much destruction, just the idea that the League could become like that scared everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    I'd rather a modernized retelling of "The Brave and the Bold #28" (not a big fan of the Appellaxians, and I agree Darkseid's too big a villain; has to be Starro). Just expand on certain concepts, like actually having Superman and Batman involved.
    And remove Snapper from it, or is that one of those "It goes without saying" things? .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And remove Snapper from it, or is that one of those "It goes without saying" things? .
    Snapper Carr is a gem who should be treasured .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Snapper Carr is a gem who should be treasured .
    Only because his dialogue aged so well, like this:

(JLA#1 vol 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

If it ain't broke, . . .
    Okay but which one?
    They're both essentially the same story.

The one in Secret Origins was a post-CoIE retelling substituting Black Canary for Wonder Woman since Wonder Woman hadn't made her journey to "Man's world" from Themyscira yet.
    It wasn't until Infinite Crisis that they returned Diana to being a founding member of the original JLoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I feel like all of their origins are fine? Maybe need some fine tuninv but fine nonetheless.

Even JL:TAS origin of them forming is good and easily translated to live action.
    The JL:TAS origin story is loosly based on the Untold Secret Origin of the Justice League of America by Steve Englehart and Dick Dillin from Justice League of America #144 (if I'm not mistaken), which showed that, before uniting to face the Appellaxians, the members of the future Justice League, and some others, actually got together to repel a White Martians invasion, more strongly tieing the League's roots to J'onn J'onzz. It's said that grant Morrison also wanted to pay homage to that story when he picked up the White Martians to be the threat behind the formation of his Magnificent Seven JLA.

If it ain't broke, . . .
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Still holds up just fine to me.
    Although not an Origin Story per say, still one of my all-time favorite Justice League stories. Outstanding, really.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 12-06-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

(JLA#1 vol 1)

I see why Cheetah liked him.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    This sort of logic is why I'd go with the Legion of Doom. You might not even need to introduce new characters. Simply having a villain teamup gives you reason to have a hero teamup.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

(JLA#1 vol 1)

He still makes more sense for a superhero to associate with than Luthor using Otis as a henchman, FWIW. You dig, daddy-o?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They're both essentially the same story.

The one in Secret Origins was a post-CoIE retelling substituting Black Canary for Wonder Woman since Wonder Woman hadn't made her journey to "Man's world" from Themyscira yet.
    It wasn't until Infinite Crisis that they returned Diana to being a founding member of the original JLoA.
    Ah. Diana then.

(JLA#1 vol 1)

I... I need a translation... what would be today's equivalent of "bad dad" and "queer your game"? ...or the millennial version, if you don't know Gen-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I see why Cheetah liked him. :P
    Did Cheetah legit like him at any point? Man... Diana's rogues gallery really get no respect .

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    He still makes more sense for a superhero to associate with than Luthor using Otis as a henchman, FWIW. You dig, daddy-o? =)
    Man, Snapper should team up with Otis and Rick Jones to make an unholy trinity of annoyance .

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I... I need a translation... what would be today's equivalent of "bad dad" and "queer your game"? ...or the millennial version, if you don't know Gen-Z
    "Bad dad" seems to at least be a different way to say "bad guy", "queer your game" though? I can assume it basically means ruin his plans, but no idea what kind of intonation it has even if that's the case.

Snapper also mentions "Big Daddy", to help in making his dialogue more incomprehensible:

(JLA#1 vol 1).

Did Cheetah legit like him at any point? Man... Diana's rogues gallery really get no respect.
    Well... this happened:

So... yeah... This was a lead-up to Final Crisis and Darkseid was trying to use Anti-Life to conquer Earth. Cheetah was in a weird mood because Urzkartaga was indisposed. She seems to indicate here that Urzkartaga's "spiteful" nature is something that makes her more bloodthirsty, and in this comic... that wasn't happening. so Cheetah didn't feel as bloodthirsty as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well... this happened:
    So... yeah... This was a lead-up to Final Crisis and Darkseid was trying to use Anti-Life to conquer Earth. Cheetah was in a weird mood because Urzkartaga was indisposed. She seems to indicate here that Urzkartaga's "spiteful" nature is something that makes her more bloodthirsty, and in this comic... that wasn't happening. so Cheetah didn't feel as bloodthirsty as usual.
    I found out where those two happened, last one actually happened first, in Final Crisis: Resist, and the first two are from the same issue, from JLA 80 page giant.

The most baffling thing is that the Final Crisis one is written by Greg Rucka lol.

Though I guess you can say that one is just a weird fling, but the JLA one had Barbara really into him:

And it even ends with them holding hands:

https://i.imgur.com/QpZaUc2.png

Damn, wonder what Cheetah fans think about this, specially since Greg Rucka is the one who started it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    The JL:TAS origin story is loosly based on the Untold Secret Origin of the Justice League of America by Steve Englehart and Dick Dillin from Justice League of America #144 (if I'm not mistaken), which showed that, before uniting to face the Appellaxians, the members of the future Justice League, and some others, actually got together to repel a White Martians invasion, more strongly tieing the League's roots to J'onn J'onzz. It's said that grant Morrison also wanted to pay homage to that story when he picked up the White Martians to be the threat behind the formation of his Magnificent Seven JLA.
    You are not mistaken about which issue number that story was in.