Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

For all the problems the script had, I did like the idea for George Miller's Justice League Mortal, with the League coming together in response to a conspiracy to eliminate the world's superheroes.

Retired

While I like the Fox origin and the Englehart origin, being pragmatic I think the real origin is more boring. They simply decided to get together socially because they were all super-heroes with the same interests.

In today's world they might have formed a Facebook group, or followed each other on Twitter, or met in a Zoom chat--before deciding to meet I.R.L. It wasn't in response to any emergency and was the most dull story you can imagine.

Once they had gotten together and established some ground rules, they would go into action against threats that they were better equipped to resolve as a group rather than individually. As a movie, this origin would be filmed by Wes Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    For all the problems the script had, I did like the idea for George Miller's Justice League Mortal, with the League coming together in response to a conspiracy to eliminate the world's superheroes.
    Yeah, I'd really have liked to have seen that film.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Only because his dialogue aged so well, like this:

(JLA#1 vol 1)

Snappers dialogue should never be updated. He should always talk like that with no explanation as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Snappers dialogue should never be updated. He should always talk like that with no explanation as to why.
    That would require you to find writers that understand whatever alien language he's speaking.
    I found out where those two happened, last one actually happened first, in Final Crisis: Resist, and the first two are from the same issue, from JLA 80 page giant.

The most baffling thing is that the Final Crisis one is written by Greg Rucka lol.

Though I guess you can say that one is just a weird fling, but the JLA one had Barbara really into him:

Damn, wonder what Cheetah fans think about this, specially since Greg Rucka is the one who started it lol.
    Honestly? Rucka's explanation for it made me think Snapper had found a secret weakness in the powers Urzkartaga gave to Barbara. Not a physical weakness, but an emotional one. It's pretty blatant what Snapper is giving her... and... seemingliy she realllllyyy wants more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Sure, and have everyone else not talk about it too .

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That would require you to find writers that understand whatever alien language he's speaking. Honestly? Rucka's explanation for it made me think Snapper had found a secret weakness in the powers Urzkartaga gave to Barbara. :P Not a physical weakness, but an emotional one. :P It's pretty blatant what Snapper is giving her... and... seemingliy she realllllyyy wants more.
    Well, even if there was any doubt from that page you sent, the next one makes it even more obvious that they fucked lol.

(Final Crisis: Resist)

So yeah, maybe she was in heart or somethin' lol.

Wasn't that set in a universe where the JL and all the heroes were already established?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    While I like the Fox origin and the Englehart origin, being pragmatic I think the real origin is more boring. They simply decided to get together socially because they were all super-heroes with the same interests.

In today's world they might have formed a Facebook group, or followed each other on Twitter, or met in a Zoom chat--before deciding to meet I.R.L. It wasn't in response to any emergency and was the most dull story you can imagine.

Once they had gotten together and established some ground rules, they would go into action against threats that they were better equipped to resolve as a group rather than individually. As a movie, this origin would be filmed by Wes Anderson.
    I actually really like that idea. It's cooler than the typical origin story where they got together because of a huge threat. This take could actually be refreshing if they had just decided to get together because they share a common 'profession' and the threats only came afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wasn't that set in a universe where the JL and all the heroes were already established?
    From what I recall, the heroes were established, not the League. Sort of in the origin of JL:TAS. Except for Wonder Woman and J'onn, all the other heroes knew, or knew about, each other.

Peace

Incredible Member

Sure, and have everyone else not talk about it too .

Well, even if there was any doubt from that page you sent, the next one makes it even more obvious that they fucked lol.

(Final Crisis: Resist)

So yeah, maybe she was in heart or somethin' lol.
    I almost forgot about that bit of Final Crisis; it is an interesting idea that Barbara Ann Minerva has a thing for Snapper Carr.

I actually really like that idea. It's cooler than the typical origin story where they got together because of a huge threat. This take could actually be refreshing if they had just decided to get together because they share a common 'profession' and the threats only came afterwards.
    Yeah that sort of logic is why my take was to use the Injustice Society/Legion of Doom or something similar as the reason they got together. They knew of each other, and respected each other just rarely cooperated.

Darkseid shouldn't be anybody's starter villain.
    Even if its just a representative of Darkseid like one of his Generals? I could even imagine Darkseid being the origins of every member of the Justice League too lol.

Other villains I could see being their first: The Fourth Reich, Intergang, The Olympian Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Even if its just a representative of Darkseid like one of his Generals? I could even imagine Darkseid being the origins of every member of the Justice League too lol.

Other villains I could see being their first: The Fourth Reich, Intergang, The Olympian Gods
    Final Crisis was a GREAT take on Darkseid. In it Superman worked with the LEGION OF DOOM!!!! in what was a mish-mash of pieces of the Fortress of Solitude and the JL Watchtower to defeat Darkseid. Why? because even the Legion of Doom don't want to be Darkseid's slaves.

But... minions of Darkseid are a great foe for super heroes.... the lower tier the better really. Darkseid literally has BILLIONS of mooks!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Final Crisis was a GREAT take on Darkseid. In it Superman worked with the LEGION OF DOOM!!!! in what was a mish-mash of pieces of the Fortress of Solitude and the JL Watchtower to defeat Darkseid. Why? because even the Legion of Doom don't want to be Darkseid's slaves.

But... minions of Darkseid are a great foe for super heroes.... the lower tier the better really. Darkseid literally has BILLIONS of mooks!
    One thing I always appreciated about pre-Crisis continuity (and post-Crisis, for the most part), was the fact that the Justice League was already an experienced team by the time Darkseid started poking around on Earth. And even then, they rarely confronted him directly. Superman had some dealings with his minions in Jimmy Olsen. He puttered around with the Secret Society of Super-Villains, indirectly coming into contact with some JLAers. But the whole team didn't take him on until issue 183 of the JLA, nearly 9 years after Darkseid's introduction, at the height of the satellite years. Now that's how you slow roll a villain.

So yeah, pushing Darkseid as a reason for the JLA forming doesn't sit well with me. Stick with Appelaxians or Starro.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Is that script out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    From what I recall, the heroes were established, not the League. Sort of in the origin of JL:TAS. Except for Wonder Woman and J'onn, all the other heroes knew, or knew about, each other.

Peace
    Thanks. I was wondering since I recall that the movie opens with a funeral and we later learn that the person who died was Barry. I remember it was based on Sacrifice with Barry essentially taking Ted Kord's place as it's main death and I think there was a Superman vs Wonder Woman fight in it. Talia was also in it for some inexplicable reason.

Though I think DC ultimately dodged a bullet not casting Armie Hammer as Batman. We've had a lot of Batmen and we are lucky that none of them turned out to have a cannibal fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post

I think it just needs to be someone who can feel like a big bad in their own right or at least more tied in to the League's history. Starro, the White Martians and even the Appexelians, they feel like they're Justice League villains. Darkseid and the Fourth World always felt like an extension of the Superman mythos than the DCU as a whole. It needs to be either established as it's own standalone movie or built up through the Superman mythos the way Superman: TAS did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Is that script out there?
    Yeah, it's been available online for ages.