Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Default What is the current status of Miguel O’Hara?

Copy pasting this from another comment I wrote:

I’m still super confused about what happened in Spencer’s 2099 event, is Miguel currently living his life in the 616 present or is the new version of him that was born from 2099 rewriting itself now his replacement? We have too many different versions of Miguel rn so I’m confused, there’s the original 982 version who starred in the original 2099 ongoing plus Spider-Man meets Spider-Man 2099, there’s the second version that I think is supposed to be an earlier version of 982, but conflicts with some of the end of the original, who was also the 616 future, who also canonically met Peter in the Spider-Man meets SM 2099 meaning he should be the same, was a star in Slott’s Spider-Verse and the two most recent runs of Spidey 2099, and there’s a new version of Miguel created by all the timey-wimey stuff that happened in Spencer’s 2099 story that got his own one-shot. Sorry if anyone got lost reading this I’m still trying to sort this out myself lol.

TLDR: What is Miguel up to at this moment in time, and which version of him is it?

He’s currently in 616’s present day raising his child with his fiancé. The timeline did change and the new 2099 we saw has replaced Miguel’s own and he will live to see that 2099 and meet the new version of himself that was born into this new shift in the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Copy pasting this from another comment I wrote:

I’m still super confused about what happened in Spencer’s 2099 event, is Miguel currently living his life in the 616 present or is the new version of him that was born from 2099 rewriting itself now his replacement? We have too many different versions of Miguel rn so I’m confused, there’s the original 982 version who starred in the original 2099 ongoing plus Spider-Man meets Spider-Man 2099, there’s the second version that I think is supposed to be an earlier version of 982, but conflicts with some of the end of the original, who was also the 616 future, who also canonically met Peter in the Spider-Man meets SM 2099 meaning he should be the same, was a star in Slott’s Spider-Verse and the two most recent runs of Spidey 2099, and there’s a new version of Miguel created by all the timey-wimey stuff that happened in Spencer’s 2099 story that got his own one-shot. Sorry if anyone got lost reading this I’m still trying to sort this out myself lol.

TLDR: What is Miguel up to at this moment in time, and which version of him is it?
    The Miguel that's been used since Superior is 982-Miguel, wiki tries to say it's someone else at times, but it's not.

As for what he's been up to, he just disappeared in that beach in ASM#36 vol 5 and hasn't shown up since, there wasn't any mention about what he's been doing either, so maybe he's still stranded in the past, again, or he magically went back to the future.

Kinda funny he's not doing anything with the Beyond nonsense going on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The Miguel that's been used since Superior is 982-Miguel, wiki tries to say it's someone else at times, but it's not.

As for what he's been up to, he just disappeared in that beach in ASM#36 vol 5 and hasn't shown up since, there wasn't any mention about what he's been doing either, so maybe he's still stranded in the past, again, or he magically went back to the future.

982 is Mayday's world. 928 was Miguel's world. The ending of Spider-Geddon even cites 982 as Mayday's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    982 is Mayday's world. 928 was Miguel's world. The ending of Spider-Geddon even cites 982 as Mayday's world.
    For ****'s sake, the one time I decide to not double check info, I get it wrong, really can't be confident in my knowledge .

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Ok, so basically OG Miguel is stranded in the present and could potentially be used in new stories, where as in the future, the 2099 timeline has been rewritten and now has a new, younger version of Miguel with a different past, who doesn’t personally know Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Ok, so basically OG Miguel is stranded in the present and could potentially be used in new stories, where as in the future, the 2099 timeline has been rewritten and now has a new, younger version of Miguel with a different past, who doesn’t personally know Peter.
    That about sums it up.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Isn't time travel fun?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Isn't time travel fun?
    Comic books are convoluted enough that time travel may not even be the most confusing thing, and hell, recent ASM showed that, with the whole Kindred nonsense.

Like, ****, Kindred was actually an AI, controlled by Mephisto, possessing Sarah's and Gabriel's bodies, and for some reason the AI decided to use their bodies instead of just using Harry's... this is some Xorneto nonsense, only less confusing weirdly enough.

Comic books are convoluted enough that time travel may not even be the most confusing thing, and hell, recent ASM showed that, with the whole Kindred nonsense.

Like, ****, Kindred was actually an AI, controlled by Mephisto, possessing Sarah's and Gabriel's bodies, and for some reason the AI decided to use their bodies instead of just using Harry's... this is some Xorneto nonsense, only less confusing weirdly enough.
    spencer run had so much potential
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spencer run had so much potential
    That it did, but honestly, all of the magic surriounding Kindred was gonna be convoluted, 'cause while Spencer has things he's good at, magic is definitely not one of them, 'cause Spencer had Felicia record a magic spell being done in ASM, and the recording worked to activate the magic spell... This is dog **** writing lol.

(ASM#51 vol 5).

And the Kindred nonsense partially uses this poorly written magic, although it's mostly convoluted and poorly explained nonsense, which, while it can be hard to blame him completely since this probably had editors being a pain in the ass, we did get convoluted nonsense before, the last issues just made it worse lol.

That it did, but honestly, all of the magic surriounding Kindred was gonna be convoluted, 'cause while Spencer has things he's good at, magic is definitely not one of them, 'cause Spencer had Felicia record a magic spell being done in ASM, and the recording worked to activate the magic spell... This is dog **** writing lol.

(ASM#51 vol 5).

And the Kindred nonsense partially uses this poorly written magic, although it's mostly convoluted and poorly explained nonsense, which, while it can be hard to blame him completely since this probably had editors being a pain in the ass, we did get convoluted nonsense before, the last issues just made it worse lol.
    It's true that she did though, in her solo book .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's true that she did though, in her solo book .
    No she didn't, that was Silver Sable:

(Black Cat#3 vol 1).

Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-06-2021 at 07:46 PM.

No she didn't, that was Silver Sable:

(Black Cat#3 vol 1).

Ah, touche, my good man .