Mighty Member

Default parity in college football

Why does the SEC have such a monopoly on college football? The lack of competitive teams outside of the ACC and SEC is troubling to me. We know that Michigan and Cincinnati were invited to the CFP and the final will be two SEC schools...again(sigh). The fact that Nick Saban hasn't been hit with any kind of NCAA violation in 14 years at the helm is crazy. You just can smell the shadiness coming off him. But why is it hard for other college teams not to have a chance outside of the SEC?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Why does the SEC have such a monopoly on college football? The lack of competitive teams outside of the ACC and SEC is troubling to me. We know that Michigan and Cincinnati were invited to the CFP and the final will be two SEC schools...again(sigh). The fact that Nick Saban hasn't been hit with any kind of NCAA violation in 14 years at the helm is crazy. You just can smell the shadiness coming off him. But why is it hard for other college teams not to have a chance outside of the SEC?
    Saban is this era's John Wooden. Hard to believe he's won more titles than Bear Bryant, though maybe the Bear would've had more had there been a playoff.

I'm not convinced it will be an all-SEC finale. I don't really know much about Cincinnati, but Michigan plays the kind of defense that could give Georgia fits.

I mean to be honest as fun as some of the games are to watch it doesnt matter really. The NCAA has expanded Bowl Games so every 6-6 team gets a bowl game. So kind of waters down bowl season a bit,.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-06-2021 at 07:35 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I mean to be honest as fun as some of the games are to watch it doesnt matter really. The NCAA has expanded Bowl Games so every 6-6 team gets a bowl game. So kind of waters down bowl season a bit,.
    Well, even with the expansion I still enjoy watching CF. Some of those 6-6 team bowl games can be entertaining.