Default Lost in Space - Netflix

Couldn’t find a thread about this so move it if there is already one…

Just finished watching the 3rd and final series, and what a great and seemingly underrated remake this has been imo.
    Disappointed that it’s ended, but they closed the book on it without any loose ends not being left undone.
    Hopefully the franchise isn’t completely dead and maybe Netflix will make a movie or two in the future instead of a full series.

I finished this yesterday as well. I can say I was very worried it was gonna be lost on a planet during season one, but it ended very strong. I may rewatch the whole thing at once in a few years.

Glad to know. I was a big fan of S1 and 2 and I was a little worried it would be one of those shows with an unsatisifactory ending or, worse, a cliffhanger.

Ultimate Member

I like the show, my favorites are Jon and Don, most of the others I can't really stand, especially the mom and Smith, Will is just annoying and Judy is too perfect, Penny is fun though...

I can't really understand how Jon and Maureen even got together....

I enjoyed it. Finished the 3rd season. Actually watched the final 3 episodes back to back they were so compelling. It had many good points to it. And I agree, I wouldn't mind a movie or two in the future.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I finished up S3 today and really enjoyed this series. I always felt the original was hokey and at times campy but that is the era is was conceived.
    The showrunners did a really good job of making adjustments and adding elements to the lore simply by expanding on what was known but never seen. That way it really is hard to argue with the new elements cause they were never really seen or talked about in such a way as to feel contradictory.

Speaking of never said, here is one conclusion we had to draw.
    So Judy is likely an actual blood relative child of Maureen and Grant, right? There was S1 mention of Judy being adopted right? Which we can now dismiss as Maureen partaking in a NASA cover story.
    That makes her a half-sister to Penny and Will by blood not family by association.

I do wonder if the Robots organic creators might have anyone else out there? A story where we come upon them could prove interesting in follow up film perhaps.
    The dinosaur-esque creatures in that last shot was a nice touch.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Speaking of never said, here is one conclusion we had to draw.
    So Judy is likely an actual blood relative child of Maureen and Grant, right? There was S1 mention of Judy being adopted right? Which we can now dismiss as Maureen partaking in a NASA cover story.
    That makes her a half-sister to Penny and Will by blood not family by association.
    Judy was always their blood relation. They never suggested otherwise. She even explains to Don that she has a different dad, hence being black. The adoption was referring to John.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Granted, I watched S1 a looong time ago at this point, but my recollection was always that the dialogue you're referencing was intended as John adopted Maureen's bio daughter Judy after marrying Maureen, making Judy his "actual," rather than "step," daughter. Hence the name "Judy Robinson," not "Judy (Maureen's maiden name)" or "Judy Kelly."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Ahhh, we will chalk it up to time then. Been awhile since I heard that dialogue so I mis-remembered then.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Yeah Judy tells Don that she was already born by the time that John showed up on the scene, yeah Maureen and Grant were both gunning to be on the Fortuna and when she got pregnant Maureen had to drop out and Grant went on, as he never knew about the pregnancy until Judy told him that she was his daughter. So yeah Judy and Penny and Will are half siblings to each other, well Penny and Will are full siblings to each other, and John adopted Judy, and she tells Grant that she called John her father because he was the best father she could ask for or something along those lines...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 12-30-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I really enjoyed the whole series. I am glad it got a 3rd season to tie up all the storylines and give it a good ending.

Incredible Member

I enjoyed the series and liked how they tied up everything nice and neat in the end. Wouldn't mind a return with a limited series but it might be a bit hard to get the whole family involved without some convoluted story to bring them all together.

Ultimate Member

They could always go for a vacation somewhere off of Alpha Centaari and get...wait for it...Lost In Space...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I really enjoyed the whole series. I am glad it got a 3rd season to tie up all the storylines and give it a good ending.
    Finished it last night. It was a bit rushed in spots but, overall a good series and a satisfactory ending.