Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I found the moment, it's from Blackest Night#1:

No alien GLs here.

But I did remember that in Green Lanterns#57, a few alien ones showed up on Earth when Cyborg Superman attacked Earth:

I think if you look at how many other planets had over the years, they'll still have less Lanterns than Earth has right now lol.

You speak as if it's a joke, eventually everyone on Earth will be a GL .
    ^^^appreciate you looking that up for me.

And thanks ducklord and SecretWarrior!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have a fondness for the early days of Earth-One Green Lantern when he was the star and it was mostly about him fighting super-villains, while maintaining a secret identity as a test pilot. The Guardians and the other Green Lanterns (they weren't even called the Corps yet) were not in every story and mostly existed in the background, primarily as a way to explain why Hal had a ring and a power battery.

It doesn't seem to me that anyone else on Earth, other than Thomas Kalmaku, knew about Guardians and other Green Lanterns. Even the name Green Lantern seems specific to the Hal Jordan character--a name he gives himself or that other people give him, because he uses a power battery that looks like a green lantern and he has a symbol on his chest that looks like a green lantern (and maybe some people were comic book collectors like Barry Allen). It took a bit for other ring holders to be called Green Lanterns.

In my head canon--Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps are the names that Hal uses. His ring translates alien languages into English words that make sense to him. On other planets, the other guys aren't really called Green Lanterns--they are called whatever suits them culturally in their own language.
    I haver a fondness for those stories too. Although I like a lot of the modern stuff, I do sometimes wonder if it is even possible for a hero to just fight a villain and stop him anymore without an emotional or moral crisis where he questions everything he is and does instead of just having an adventure.

To answer the main question, in most continuities, I think it was common knowledge that the Corps was alien in origin.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    ^^^Nice!

It’s still so weird seeing Waller look like that though.