Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    That's certainly true of Watchmen. Given Frank Miller's views as I understand them the unironic reading of Dark Knight Returns is not that far off what he actually believes.
    One of the things is that Dredd, DKR's Batman, and Rorschach are all highly competent at what they do, which tends to make the satirical reading less obvious.
    Competent, yes, but at the price of a lot of their ability to function in society, let alone with other human beings. Then again, for a lot of the antisocial, misanthropic types who gravitate to this sort of thing, lost ability or inability to connect with other people in a meaningful way would be no big deal, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

next week! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    next week! :3
    What do you think of the Ghost Rider-style variant cover for Symbiote Spider-Man 2099 #3?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    What do you think of the Ghost Rider-style variant cover for Symbiote Spider-Man 2099 #3?
    It's sick! not sure why he has a tail tho lol

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

It probably has something to do with the Symbiote that Miguel is wearing.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It probably has something to do with the Symbiote that Miguel is wearing.
    Most likely, though it does strike me as somewhat similar to Nightcrawler as the Uncanny Spider-Man.

Ok just read the first issue of Symbiote Spider-Man 2099…. HOLY SHOCK it was good to read! I miss that universe so much…

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

yeah! literally just the next issue. Miguel is head of Alchemex, his mother is working for him, Tyler is trying to wrest control back, Roman has escaped with the symbiote after invading the city with sea monsters.
    Wait how does that work, is this set in the past of og earth 928 Miguel then?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Wait how does that work, is this set in the past of og earth 928 Miguel then?
    yeh! It's pretty great haha

Mighty Member

Just received my copy of SM2099 omni vol 2. Going to give it a wait until I read it, first I want to go through Avengers Vol 1 and Captain Marvel (I know the 2099 issues if CM are in there, but I'd rather read that whole series).
    Already read Superior 2099 last year so I may or may not read those issues yet...

oh huh, I'd somehow missed Miguel being in Edge of Spider-Verse #1 the other month, and that leading into his Web of Spider-Man One-Shot stuff. Even gives a shoutout to his recent encounters with monsters and scary folks in Miguel O'Hara: Spider-Man 2099, so I guess this Spider-Society stuff follows on from that. Wild that we're basically continuing our unbroken narrative that began in Exodus. Which makes me more interested in following the crossover event than the previous Spider-Verse comic that had Miguel present with no nods to his own ongoing continuity.
    Last edited by Man-Thing; 04-09-2024 at 09:57 PM.

Today's the day!

Good issue, all around. Got some nice full-page cheesecake shots of Venom lol. Best he's ever looked, honestly. spoilers:
    Nice internal turmoil as Miguel deals with having another voice in his head. I like Kron's plan to disguise himself as Miguel, but I also like that it doesn't drag out for several issues. If this were a modern-day style decompressed thing that would have been like six issues and a redux of the Hush storyline from Batman lol, but I'm enjoying the pacing here. Also, this shows us Kron learning that he and Mig are brothers, so that's neat.
    end of spoilers

Looking forward to next issue!

Mighty Member

Read the second issue as well.

spoilers:
    Having "Miguel" enter the Alchemax building was a fun sequence, especially as it keeps it a bit vague as whether it's actually him with the symbiote or Kron disguised as him until Lyla exposes him. The showdown with Kron and Miguel is also fun. I completely forgot that Kron didn't know he was actually his half-brother. Was there a Chameleon 2099 before in PAD's run or would this be his debut?
    end of spoilers
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Read the second issue as well.

spoilers:
    Having "Miguel" enter the Alchemax building was a fun sequence, especially as it keeps it a bit vague as whether it's actually him with the symbiote or Kron disguised as him until Lyla exposes him. The showdown with Kron and Miguel is also fun. I completely forgot that Kron didn't know he was actually his half-brother. Was there a Chameleon 2099 before in PAD's run or would this be his debut?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    kind of. in 2099 Unlimited there was a designer drug called "chameleon" that causes people to shapeshift in response to their emotions like a mood ring. Addicts were getting out of hand, Spidey fought the distributor, and caused him to fall into his own vat, getting mutated by the chemicals. He was set up to maybe be "The Chameleon", but never made another appearance. I presume this is the same guy, since he's providing Kron with some shape shifting drugs.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    And now I remember that Kron talks to himself when goes in as Miguel. Woops. So, it only makes it vague when "Miguel" talks to Conchata and Tyler.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    kind of. in 2099 Unlimited there was a designer drug called "chameleon" that causes people to shapeshift in response to their emotions like a mood ring. Addicts were getting out of hand, Spidey fought the distributor, and caused him to fall into his own vat, getting mutated by the chemicals. He was set up to maybe be "The Chameleon", but never made another appearance. I presume this is the same guy, since he's providing Kron with some shape shifting drugs.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh, gotcha. Hmm, maybe it could be. He's dressed a bit fancy like Major Jones was.
    end of spoilers
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022