Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

god he's so hot lol

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I don't know what a TastyKake is...but apparently they have a Spider-Man 2099 themed one now.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    god he's so hot lol
    Peter: "It's okay, don't be intimidated by this cool new Spider-man. Just imagine him in his underwear"

*Does just that*

Peter: Oh no he's hot!

issue #4 preview: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/spid...aredevil-2099/

spoilers:
    turns out we met Daredevil already!
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

issue #4 preview: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/spid...aredevil-2099/

spoilers:
    turns out we met Daredevil already!
    end of spoilers
    Oh, yeah . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

new issue is out. just now noticed the LGY numbering up top lol. we're approaching SM2099 100 apparently. Will be sometime during the Symbiote Spidey mini I guess

Issue itself was fun! spoilers:
    Gallows joins the fun properly this time. The actual issue doesn't mention how he died, just that he died, so that works out. Interesting mention that it's been "months" since Jack last showed up, and it's implied he may have had a hand in setting up the Black Card system, so that's... interesting. We get to see Daredevil in costume by the end of it. I'm intrigued that they seem to be going with the original intention for the 2099 version of the character, from back in 2099 Genesis.
    end of spoilers

Next issue is the grand finale, wonder how it's all gonna shake out.

Issue itself was fun! spoilers:
    Gallows joins the fun properly this time. The actual issue doesn't mention how he died, just that he died, so that works out. Interesting mention that it's been "months" since Jack last showed up, and it's implied he may have had a hand in setting up the Black Card system, so that's... interesting. We get to see Daredevil in costume by the end of it. I'm intrigued that they seem to be going with the original intention for the 2099 version of the character, from back in 2099 Genesis.
    end of spoilers

Next issue is the grand finale, wonder how it's all gonna shake out.
    Yeah, same here.

Incredible Member

Merely mentioning that Gallows was dead but not providing clarification seems like the best solution. Although it technically keeps in line with the Earth-2099 canon, it does allow for those who prefer Earth-928 to imagine it that way as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Issue is out!

spoilers:
    I liked it! Feels very much like the end of an ongoing monthly, rather than the end of a miniseries, and the final page promises Miguel will return (though we already knew that hehe).

As for the content itself, it's good! Big final fight, more on Gallows and how he got to be where he is, Miguel being the hero, people making heroic sacrifices, lots of little name drops that I'll need to look up later (Death Metal is a Death's Head character, yeh?) and the reveal that Miguel and Sivern are shacking up?? Or at least enjoying a night in together (nice to see her out of costume!)
    end of spoilers

Very much enjoyed the writing and art in this mini, wasn't too decompressed, art was clean and easy to follow, all the new characters/new designs for returning characters were excellent (best version of Carnage, IMO), and I'm looking forward to what the future brings! We know Symbiote Spider-Man 2099 is a flashback series taking place in the old continuity, yeh? So it'll be interesting to see what the next Earth-2099 appearance will be...

In general I liked this a lot better than Exodus. That event was bogged down by having to balance individual character introduction issues with an ongoing event narrative, which really held it back, and this one didn't.

Issue is out!

spoilers:
    I liked it! Feels very much like the end of an ongoing monthly, rather than the end of a miniseries, and the final page promises Miguel will return (though we already knew that hehe).

As for the content itself, it's good! Big final fight, more on Gallows and how he got to be where he is, Miguel being the hero, people making heroic sacrifices, lots of little name drops that I'll need to look up later (Death Metal is a Death's Head character, yeh?) and the reveal that Miguel and Sivern are shacking up?? Or at least enjoying a night in together (nice to see her out of costume!)
    end of spoilers

Very much enjoyed the writing and art in this mini, wasn't too decompressed, art was clean and easy to follow, all the new characters/new designs for returning characters were excellent (best version of Carnage, IMO), and I'm looking forward to what the future brings! We know Symbiote Spider-Man 2099 is a flashback series taking place in the old continuity, yeh? So it'll be interesting to see what the next Earth-2099 appearance will be...

In general I liked this a lot better than Exodus. That event was bogged down by having to balance individual character introduction issues with an ongoing event narrative, which really held it back, and this one didn't.
    Generally cosigned. I especially liked seeing the original Daredevil 2099 (concept) in action.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally cosigned. I especially liked seeing the original Daredevil 2099 (concept) in action.
    Honestly I kinda prefer the Marvel Knights version of the character with Samuel Fisk, had the cooler look & history imo.

Anyone else wish we could get some consistency with Jake Gallows? Seems like Marvel doesn't know what to do with him since every time we see him they're doing something different with the character. He's gone from being a carbon copy of the Punisher to Judge Dredd to a religious zealot to AmeriCop and full blown villain to dead to now where he's the 2014 Robocop. I mean the last one has potential but I feel like at this stage in the game they should just keep him as a villain and keep using Hector Tago.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Honestly I kinda prefer the Marvel Knights version of the character with Samuel Fisk, had the cooler look & history imo.

Anyone else wish we could get some consistency with Jake Gallows? Seems like Marvel doesn't know what to do with him since every time we see him they're doing something different with the character. He's gone from being a carbon copy of the Punisher to Judge Dredd to a religious zealot to AmeriCop and full blown villain to dead to now where he's the 2014 Robocop. I mean the last one has potential but I feel like at this stage in the game they should just keep him as a villain and keep using Hector Tago.
    Hector Tago coming back as the new Punisher 2099 and pitting him against the cyberized Jake Gallows could be interesting.