Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

It looks like we are getting a new Halloween themed Spider-Man 2099 mini-series by Steve Orlando:

https://twitter.com/SpiderMan/status...11280316805272

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It looks like we are getting a new Halloween themed Spider-Man 2099 mini-series by Steve Orlando:

Considering Miguel's suit is technically a futuristic Day of the Dead costume . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hmm, I'm cool if Miguel becomes "Cyberpunk horror spider-man." Like, y'know, Akira stuff. Used to be that was Noir Spidey, but ya don't really see him around these days, do ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Hmm, I'm cool if Miguel becomes "Cyberpunk horror spider-man." Like, y'know, Akira stuff. Used to be that was Noir Spidey, but ya don't really see him around these days, do ya?
    Technically, Spider-Man Noir is set in the 1930s, so not much opportunity for cyberpunk there. Now, if it were the 2030s and it was Spider-Man Tech Noir (tech-noir being an actual hybrid genre of noir and cyberpunk, even if cyberpunk as a genre did borrow a lot from noir, just set in the future) . . . I could see that. As for Spider-Man 2099 becoming more cyberpunk-horror, we did get a taste of that with Dark Genesis and the version of Carnage that debuted there, so more of that might not hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, Spider-Man Noir is set in the 1930s, so not much opportunity for cyberpunk there. Now, if it were the 2030s and it was Spider-Man Tech Noir (tech-noir being an actual hybrid genre of noir and cyberpunk, even if cyberpunk as a genre did borrow a lot from noir, just set in the future) . . . I could see that. As for Spider-Man 2099 becoming more cyberpunk-horror, we did get a taste of that with Dark Genesis and the version of Carnage that debuted there, so more of that might not hurt.
    nah i meant Noir did horror stuff, like with the cannibal vulture. naturally the 2099 book would skew futuristic

It's nice to see them doing more stuff with Miguel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    nah i meant Noir did horror stuff, like with the cannibal vulture. naturally the 2099 book would skew futuristic
    Not just cannibal Vulture, but Peter getting his powers from a spider that came out of a spider-shaped artifact and enduring some pretty frightening hallucinations of some kind of spider-deity inflicting "the curse of power" upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's nice to see them doing more stuff with Miguel.
    Indeed.

Mighty Member

Yeah it's nice to see them doing more stuff with Miguel, but Orlando don't understand the 2099 line.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Interesting that the link provided in that X tweet has all the covers and summaries already. This should've been a bi-monthly story released Sept/Oct/November '23. Seasonally it just makes sense.
    As the characters contained each issue just scream Halloween NOT Happy New Year.
    I didn't see Blade 2099 on any covers but mentioned. Moon Knight 2099 is on the cover of issue#2.

Zombie 2099
    Werewolf by Night 2099
    Dracula re-introduced
    Terror 2099 (of Terror Inc)
    Man-Thing 2099 (not sure about the techno look??)

I'll likely trade wait this. I do like Orlando's run on Scarlet Witch and his Martian Manhunter maxi-series was good so I'm curious.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

We are back in business! SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN 2099 by PAD has a new release date! January 3rd, 2024!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

We are back in business! SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN 2099 by PAD has a new release date! January 3rd, 2024!
    Hopefully that means he's gotten better.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hopefully that means he's gotten better.
    Apparently the new release date was a false alarm. Sigh, that sucks.

Apparently the new release date was a false alarm. Sigh, that sucks.
    Alas, yeah.

Connecting Covers by Todd Nauck for Miguel O'Hara: Spider-Man 2099

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

While I'm going to trade wait this story that is a very cool interconnected cover layout!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime