Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

New Spider-Man 2099 Poster!

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    so they've been doing little character art/bio things for the characters in this, and they just released Gallows', and it talks about how he's basically a cybernetically reanimated corpse after dying in the events of One Nation Under Doom. Which is... interesting. To say the least. Would imply that the events of the original Marvel run largely still happened, in some form or other. So Alchemex had the symbiote to experiment on because that's where Kron wound up. Jack is here because the events of Falls the Hammer still went down, which were also alluded to in the Loki issue of Exodus. And so on. Which is neat, because that means that all those back-issues still "count". To some extent. But at the same time, it kind of leaves one wondering where the line is drawn. Like, we know this Miguel didn't go back in time and meet Tempest. Or at least I think we know that. And other things are different in this future as well, like Doctor Doom's identity. It's all a bit... handwavey. I suppose that just means that authors going forward will be able to pick and choose whether something is going to get referenced or not, and if something contradictory pops up, eh it's a timeline difference.
    Where is this?

I am confused though, since in Earth-2099, Jake Gallows was murdered by Lieutenant Hector Tago so this shouldn't be him but the Venom in this is the new Venom 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Where is this?

I am confused though, since in Earth-2099, Jake Gallows was murdered by Lieutenant Hector Tago so this shouldn't be him but the Venom in this is the new Venom 2099.

Incredible Member

Still doesn't explain how his neck got unsnaped after Tago killed him and what happened to Tago.

as I said -

and if something contradictory pops up, eh it's a timeline difference.

Incredible Member

as I said -
    If I recall, you said that in regard to the original 2099, not this new gestalt one, which is where Gallows dying and Tago are from - the same one where this new Venom 2099 is from.

I think you're just misunderstanding what I'm saying. Which is that - this is a new timeline, but still has had a similar series of events happen to it. With, of course, the flexibility for the authors to change things if they want and handwave it away as "hey it's a new timeline"

I think you're just misunderstanding what I'm saying. Which is that - this is a new timeline, but still has had a similar series of events happen to it. With, of course, the flexibility for the authors to change things if they want and handwave it away as "hey it's a new timeline"
    Well...either that or someone forgot a particular plot point like the whole Romy/Stephanie thing over in ASM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Incredible Member

Well sure, but you do that for the previous iteration of the timeline and saying similar events happened in this one isn't the point being made. Gallows being killed by Tago is a definitive part of this new timeline. We have an issue dedicated to it.

speaking of alternate timelines, has Kron and/or Alea been in any of the past or current Venomverse stuff?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

speaking of alternate timelines, has Kron and/or Alea been in any of the past or current Venomverse stuff?
    Sadly, no. Real shame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sadly, no. Real shame.
    Ah unfortunate. Lots of missed opportunities between that and Tempest not showing up over in the big "Spiders vs Wasps" shindig.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ah unfortunate. Lots of missed opportunities between that and Tempest not showing up over in the big "Spiders vs Wasps" shindig.
    Yeah, that would have been cool, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

actually, on that note

Now, is this the Miguel who stayed behind and is living with Tempest and the kiddo, or the Miguel from the new 2099 as seen in Exodus?
    the final issue has the Miguel in the End of the Spider-Verse stuff needing to get back to the future, so I'm tentatively guessing this is the "new" Miguel. Though he's hardly even in it, so I'm not putting too much effort into my reasoning.

Miguel is a stone-cold bad ass.