Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    That means this new series isn’t starring “our” Miguel, it’s starring the new version of Miguel caused by Spencer’s 2099 event.
    Da' hell is that from? There are 2 versions of Miguel?

Extraordinary Member

They better explain what's going on in this ongoing

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

The original timeline Miguel is currently in the 616 present living his life with his family. However, 2099 was rewritten during Spencer’s 2099 event so the Miguel in the year 2099 is a new version of Miguel who is younger, has an altered origin, has never met 616 Peter, hasn’t been through events like Spider-Verse, etc. this new Miguel is basically a blank slate, any previous history may be thrown out the window.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    There's also the Miguel from the first Exiles series.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The original timeline Miguel is currently in the 616 present living his life with his family. However, 2099 was rewritten during Spencer’s 2099 event so the Miguel in the year 2099 is a new version of Miguel who is younger, has an altered origin, has never met 616 Peter, hasn’t been through events like Spider-Verse, etc. this new Miguel is basically a blank slate, any previous history may be thrown out the window.
    *insert The Office meme of Michael Scott*
    I don't like that.

I've not read that event yet. Two active versions of Miguel...WTF? How did that happen? Don't spoil me I'm going to read it. So basically Two Miguels in some way mirrors having Two Peters, where one is called Ben.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I´m expecting this to be a continuation of Spencer´s 2099 ngl. I don´t know for sure, but my gut is just telling me it is. Not that I have a problem with it, I think you do some interesting stuff with this new version of 2099 and I trust Steve Orlando to do something cool with it! I do hope they keep elements of the OG 2099 intact though, or at least adapt them in a unique way.
    I appreciate Spencer not getting rid of OG Miguel, so we can hopefully see him again someday. Maybe give him the Spider-Man Unlimited suit as a little wink and a nod, lol.
    Oh, btw, New Lyla is, as people say, ¨Best girl¨. Don´t @ me
    LYrate_Lifeform_Approximation_(Earth-TRN767)_from_Spider-Man_2099_Vol_4_1_001.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Pretty much, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    *insert The Office meme of Michael Scott*
    I don't like that.

I've not read that event yet. Two active versions of Miguel...WTF? How did that happen? Don't spoil me I'm going to read it. So basically Two Miguels in some way mirrors having Two Peters, where one is called Ben.
    More like a temporal paradox from OG Miguel being outside the normal timestream when it was altered, thus preserving his own existence while simultaneously creating a double native to the newly created timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I´m expecting this to be a continuation of Spencer´s 2099 ngl. I don´t know for sure, but my gut is just telling me it is. Not that I have a problem with it, I think you do some interesting stuff with this new version of 2099 and I trust Steve Orlando to do something cool with it! I do hope they keep elements of the OG 2099 intact though, or at least adapt them in a unique way.
    I appreciate Spencer not getting rid of OG Miguel, so we can hopefully see him again someday. Maybe give him the Spider-Man Unlimited suit as a little wink and a nod, lol.
    LYrate_Lifeform_Approximation_(Earth-TRN767)_from_Spider-Man_2099_Vol_4_1_001.jpg
    Cosigned, generally speaking. I'll also cop to wanting to see more of the new Venom 2099, even if the origin is a bit ripped from the then-recent Venom movie where the symbiote was acquired and experimented on by a very dubious megacorporation before finding and bonding with the protagonist.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    It's the glasses, isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's the glasses, isn't it ?
    Ahaha, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    More like a temporal paradox from OG Miguel being outside the normal timestream when it was altered, thus preserving his own existence while simultaneously creating a double native to the newly created timeline.
    When the hell did that happen? I don't remember anything like that in ASM, but then again, I skipped most tie-ins lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    When the hell did that happen? I don't remember anything like that in ASM, but then again, I skipped most tie-ins lol.
    The 2099 arc in Nick Spencer's ASM, at least during the parts that focused on Miguel coming into the present and trying to warn Peter, as well as flashbacking to how and why Miguel ended up in the present MU timeline. Furthermore, the arc established that changes in and to the present-day MU ultimately reverberated into 2099, meaning that 2099 was the definitive future or endgame of the mainline Marvel Universe. No matter what, apparently, the Marvel Universe is doomed to become a megacorporation-dominated techno-dystopian hellscape.

Astonishing Member

Any clue from which incomming comic that picture comes from?

The 2099 arc in Nick Spencer's ASM, at least during the parts that focused on Miguel coming into the present and trying to warn Peter, as well as flashbacking to how and why Miguel ended up in the present MU timeline. Furthermore, the arc established that changes in and to the present-day MU ultimately reverberated into 2099, meaning that 2099 was the definitive future or endgame of the mainline Marvel Universe. No matter what, apparently, the Marvel Universe is doomed to become a megacorporation-dominated techno-dystopian hellscape.
    Yeah that checks out with what I remember of it, but I don't see how that means we'd be getting two Miguels, specially with 2099 being "the definite" future, would mean that if a change happened with 2099 that creates a new Miguel, then "logically" it should erase the one on the present.

Thinking of it, maybe this on-going has been planned for a while and it's why Miguel wasn't part of Last Remains, and maybe it's also why Ben wasn't part of it, since he was used for Beyond, now only Kaine needs an explanation (Unlike Miguel, Ben and Kaine were included in ASM#25, in that tease for Last Remains, but neither showed up).

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah that checks out with what I remember of it, but I don't see how that means we'd be getting two Miguels, specially with 2099 being "the definite" future, would mean that if a change happened with 2099 that creates a new Miguel, then "logically" it should erase the one on the present.

Thinking of it, maybe this on-going has been planned for a while and it's why Miguel wasn't part of Last Remains, and maybe it's also why Ben wasn't part of it, since he was used for Beyond, now only Kaine needs an explanation (Unlike Miguel, Ben and Kaine were included in ASM#25, in that tease for Last Remains, but neither showed up).
    The reason we could have two Miguels was that the original Miguel's time-jump into the present preserved his existence while the alterations to the timestream unleashed by Doom 2099 created a new Miguel as part of the new timeline.

The reason we could have two Miguels was that the original Miguel's time-jump into the present preserved his existence while the alterations to the timestream unleashed by Doom 2099 created a new Miguel as part of the new timeline.
    Time travel headache then, gotcha lol.