Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

is Miguel being pushed toward the neo-vampire interpretation of the character in the Enter the Spider-Verse movie?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is Miguel being pushed toward the neo-vampire interpretation of the character in the Enter the Spider-Verse movie?
    Anything is possible, I suppose.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Anything is possible, I suppose.
    He's always had a superficial resemblance to vampires, though his fangs are for injecting paralytic venom into someone, like an actual spider's bite would do, as opposed to draining their blood.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Symbiote Spider-Man 2099 #3 cover:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Symbiote Spider-Man 2099 #3 cover:

This definitely looks like it's gonna get brutal.

Read Symbiote Spiderman 2099 #1, and it was awesome. No one writes Miguel like PAD does, he even seems to skip over the recent Orlando stuff.
    But the Spidey 2099 vs Monsters were reference in Edge of Spiderverse (2024)#1.

today's the day! sitting down with my copy now :3

holy shock I love this. picking right up after issue 44 (they say after 43 in this, but 44 is the one that ends with Roman & the symbiote) and we just go from there. this is is amazing

It's nice to see PAD back on Spider-Man 2099. I wonder if he'll end up using the Symbiote Spider-Man 2099 mini as a means of bridging the gap between his original Spider-Man 2099 run and the "Time Flies" arc from his 1999 Captain Marvel run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Read Symbiote Spiderman 2099 #1, and it was awesome. No one writes Miguel like PAD does, he even seems to skip over the recent Orlando stuff.
    But the Spidey 2099 vs Monsters were reference in Edge of Spiderverse (2024)#1.
    PAD only considers the version of Miguel that he writes to be the “ in canon” one. He’s always been unhappy that Marvel undid the ending that he gave Miguel at the end of the second volume of 2099.

time to go read the entirety of the OG Spider-Man 2099 again lol

Incredible Member

So, they killed Jake Gallows... again? That's got to be his worst death so far, though I do hope that there's an explanation when he inevitably comes back to life. I mean, didn't he take down Morlun?

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    So, they killed Jake Gallows... again? That's got to be his worst death so far, though I do hope that there's an explanation when he inevitably comes back to life. I mean, didn't he take down Morlun?
    Time-warping shenanigans, I'm certain. Technically, this could be the original 2099 timeline as it would be if PAD had been able to stay on and complete his originally intended storylines.

Been a while since we've had a 2099 series that wasn't weekly, huh

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Been a while since we've had a 2099 series that wasn't weekly, huh
    Oh, yeah . . .