Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    spoilers:
    kind of. in 2099 Unlimited there was a designer drug called "chameleon" that causes people to shapeshift in response to their emotions like a mood ring. Addicts were getting out of hand, Spidey fought the distributor, and caused him to fall into his own vat, getting mutated by the chemicals. He was set up to maybe be "The Chameleon", but never made another appearance. I presume this is the same guy, since he's providing Kron with some shape shifting drugs.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Technically, it was something called a "holosim," short for "holographic simulation" of someone else's appearance covering the user's actual appearance, much like TAS Chameleon's method of disguising himself.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

yeh! It's pretty great haha
    That’s sick I may check this out, so is it separate from the other recent 2099 series that were set on earth-2099? Maybe they’re planning to bring og Miguel back out of the shadows in the present

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    That’s sick I may check this out, so is it separate from the other recent 2099 series that were set on earth-2099? Maybe they’re planning to bring og Miguel back out of the shadows in the present
    That would be interesting, if slightly confusing heh. It would be nice to check in on him and Tempest and the kiddo tho

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

It looks like we are getting a Cosmic 2099-centric event in the future. Miguel isn't going to be in it but it does spin out of the Dracula issue of Miguel O'Hara: Spider-Man 2099:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It looks like we are getting a Cosmic 2099-centric event in the future. Miguel isn't going to be in it but it does spin out of the Dracula issue of Miguel O'Hara: Spider-Man 2099:

This ought to be interesting, still. Vampires on the moon in 2099, and in the present . . . Blood Hunt!

oh woah! Annihilation is one of my favorite marvel sagas, so doing a 2099 take is intriguing...

also, a new 2099 thing that's not Spider-Man centric?? Are we finally seeing an expansion of the line again??

also also, I wonder if Conan will be in this, based on his 2099 issue back in 2019

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-steve-orlando

Over the last few years, acclaimed writer Steve Orlando has breathed new life into Marvel’s revolutionary 2099 future. This July, he returns alongside a lineup of superstar artists to go where no 2099 story has gone before in ANNIHILATION 2099!

Together with a lineup of incredible artists including Nick Bradshaw, Ibraim Roberson, José Luis, Pete Woods, Ario Anindito, and Dale Eaglesham, Orlando will introduce a new cast of 2099 characters in a bold new vision of the galaxy-shattering Annihilation storyline. Taking place after last year’s MIGUEL O’HARA – SPIDER-MAN 2099 series, ANNIHILATION 2099 will continue the tradition of introducing fresh takes on classic Marvel icons.

Releasing weekly throughout July, get ready to meet Nova 2099, Starlord 2099, Red Hulk 2099, and Silver Surfer 2099, and witness the return of Dracula 2099. The thrilling saga will be perfect for both newcomers to the 2099 landscape and longtime fans, and gears up readers for what’s to come for 2099 storytelling later this year.

"2099 is back and it's going cosmic!" Orlando said. "ANNIHILATION 2099 has been the best kind of challenge—bringing even more cosmic into Marvel's iconic cyberpunk line, and keeping it all fresh, provocative, and surprising!"

"No pun intended, but Steve, Ibraim, Ario, Jose, Pete and Dale have knocked this 2099 epic out of orbit!" Editor Mark Paniccia said. "Each issue is action packed with a unique vibe and tone. There’s horror, western, 50’s sci-fi, super hero and all COSMIC! It’s hard to pick a favorite they’re all so good! And Pete Woods’ character designs are incredible. I hope they make action figures of them all soon!"

"The heroes introduced in ANNIHILATION 2099 are each heroes I could write forever—each with their own tragic beginnings in the Mighty Marvel Tradition," Orlando continued. "And behind it all? An iconic horror antihero who is taking his vengeance to the stars. Red Hulk 2099! Silver Surfer 2099! Nova 2099! Marvel's future goes intergalactic this summer, and I can't wait for everyone to see it!"

oh woah! Annihilation is one of my favorite marvel sagas, so doing a 2099 take is intriguing...

also, a new 2099 thing that's not Spider-Man centric?? Are we finally seeing an expansion of the line again??

also also, I wonder if Conan will be in this, based on his 2099 issue back in 2019
    I would hope so, though with Conan's rights reverting from Marvel, I doubt it.

oh that's unfortunate. I was rereading the Conan 2099 issue and it even sets this up

makes me wonder if they're going to eventually pick up other dangling plot seeds from the 2019 one-shots, like the whole Herbie deal, or Knull being alive and on earth maybe, or Doom maybe being Reed, or the other Punisher

oh that's unfortunate. I was rereading the Conan 2099 issue and it even sets this up

"An impending annihilation," huh? Foreshadowing this, perhaps?

makes me wonder if they're going to eventually pick up other dangling plot seeds from the 2019 one-shots, like the whole Herbie deal, or Knull being alive and on earth maybe, or Doom maybe being Reed, or the other Punisher
    Yeah, those would be good. Maybe the deal with H.E.R.B.I.E. could tie into Annihilation 2099 and lead to a proper Fantastic Four 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "An impending annihilation," huh? Foreshadowing this, perhaps?

Yeah, those would be good. Maybe the deal with H.E.R.B.I.E. could tie into Annihilation 2099 and lead to a proper Fantastic Four 2099.
    ever since reading that Danger Unlimited was originally pitched as a Fantastic Four 2099 concept that Marvel rejected, causing Byrne to take it to Dark Horse, I've been slightly bitter about the whole FF2099 concept lol. I wonder if I could go find some scans and just change the names back to Marvel characters and see how well it works...

ever since reading that Danger Unlimited was originally pitched as a Fantastic Four 2099 concept that Marvel rejected, causing Byrne to take it to Dark Horse, I've been slightly bitter about the whole FF2099 concept lol. I wonder if I could go find some scans and just change the names back to Marvel characters and see how well it works...
    Understandable.