Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

look at us, waiting a whole month like some sort of plebian

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Spider-Man 2099 had a poor showing in Web of Spider-Man against, of all things, spoilers:
    The Gwen Goblin
    end of spoilers.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Spider-Man 2099 had a poor showing in Web of Spider-Man against, of all things, spoilers:
    The Gwen Goblin
    end of spoilers.
    oh huh, will need to check that out. Looks like that's a teaser one-shot for upcoming characters/events/storylines? Glad Miggy is in it, means they're gonna keep him around for a while, hopefully.

Have been rereading my trades, and I'm trying to figure out when exactly Superior Spider-Man and the ensuing Spider 2099 runs take place w/regard to the original run. In Superior #17, Miguel says that Tyler doesn't know that he (Miguel) knows he's his son, which would imply it's before Miguel reveals he's Spider-Man to his parents in SM2099 #44... but later on in SM2099v3 when stuff with Tempest is going on it's rather apparent that Tyler knows Miguel is Spider-Man and that he knows Miguel knows about his parentage. Is the stuff at the beginning of Superior just, like, author error?

oh no I just read up on the Spider-Verse event that Web of Spider-Man is a teaser for. They're just... setting up movie continuity in the comics. Miguel is setting up the multiverse Spider-Society and they're introducing some of the movie versions of characters to the comics. I... don't know how I feel about this. I want Miguel starring in stories set in/about 2099, not as the perpetual posterboy of multiversal shenanigans

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    oh no I just read up on the Spider-Verse event that Web of Spider-Man is a teaser for. They're just... setting up movie continuity in the comics. Miguel is setting up the multiverse Spider-Society and they're introducing some of the movie versions of characters to the comics. I... don't know how I feel about this. I want Miguel starring in stories set in/about 2099, not as the perpetual posterboy of multiversal shenanigans
    They also brought 2 MCU characters into Gwen’s book, I really hate movie synergy it sucks all the fun and mystery out of being a comic book fan, when you know executives most likely just want to do some knock off version of the more mainstream movie storylines

the only good that can come of this is the adoption of Miguel's movie outfit, because honestly that fit slaps

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

the only good that can come of this is the adoption of Miguel's movie outfit, because honestly that fit slaps
    It'll at least distinguish him from the original Spider-Man 2099.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    They also brought 2 MCU characters into Gwen’s book
    Which two?
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

holy shock I love this. picking right up after issue 44 (they say after 43 in this, but 44 is the one that ends with Roman & the symbiote) and we just go from there. this is is amazing
    Wait wait wait…. This picks up from the original series?? I haven’t enjoyed ANY of the new 2099 stuff that’s come out except when he was in Superior Spider-Man. I did like him in Exiles, too. I’m gonna have to get this…

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Which two?
    Mobius M. Mobius and Ouroboros/O.B. from the post-Avengers: Endgame Loki series on Disney+.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    They also brought 2 MCU characters into Gwen’s book, I really hate movie synergy it sucks all the fun and mystery out of being a comic book fan, when you know executives most likely just want to do some knock off version of the more mainstream movie storylines
    Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Which two?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Mobius M. Mobius and Ouroboros/O.B. from the post-Avengers: Endgame Loki series on Disney+.
    Just for clarification, Mobius isn't an MCU character, he first appeared in the comics back in Fantastic Four #346, they just changed his appearance to make him look like Owen Wilson whereas before he was based on Mark Gruenwald.

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-23-2024 at 06:38 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Just for clarification, Mobius isn't an MCU character, he first appeared in the comics back in Fantastic Four #346, they just changed his appearance to make him look like Owen Wilson whereas before he was based on Mark Gruenwald.

Thanks for the reminder. The Time Variance Authority did indeed exist well before the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Wait wait wait…. This picks up from the original series?? I haven’t enjoyed ANY of the new 2099 stuff that’s come out except when he was in Superior Spider-Man. I did like him in Exiles, too. I’m gonna have to get this…
    yeah! literally just the next issue. Miguel is head of Alchemex, his mother is working for him, Tyler is trying to wrest control back, Roman has escaped with the symbiote after invading the city with sea monsters.

BANNED

Didn't the entire 2099 universe including in original Spider-Man 2099 end when there was some big major world flood that happened or whatever back then during the last issue of regular Spider-Man 2099 and how did X-Men 2099 end anyway also?