Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Extremely.
    X-Treme to the max! I love 90's lingo.

--

The Wonderful World of Art!

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    X-Treme to the max! I love 90's lingo.

--

The Wonderful World of Art!

Having grown up in the 90s myself . . . shock, yeah! That said, this is also fine Spider-Man 2099 art there, and I am looking forward to Dark Genesis this coming May.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Having grown up in the 90s myself . . . shock, yeah! That said, this is also fine Spider-Man 2099 art there, and I am looking forward to Dark Genesis this coming May.
    That should be interesting, although it seems like it is mostly being used to launch newer characters again. I wonder if Steve Orlando is trying to get the ball rolling on a bunch of new 2099 characters before Marvel commits to an ongoing 2099 series or something.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

That should be interesting, although it seems like it is mostly being used to launch newer characters again. I wonder if Steve Orlando is trying to get the ball rolling on a bunch of new 2099 characters before Marvel commits to an ongoing 2099 series or something.
    Or at least a revitalized 2099 line that can sustain itself somewhat better and longer than the original did, though the original was kneecapped by Marvel executives firing Joey Cavalieri as a "cost-cutting measure" while the entire company was going bankrupt and all the writers walked off in disgust with said executives and solidarity with Cavalieri. That said, while none of the subsequent revivals have quite hit the spot, one issue is that you can't really capture lightning in a bottle twice, even if a lot of the cyberpunk genre that Marvel 2099 incorporated into a superhero setting is increasingly truer to real life, maybe too true for comfort when you sit down and think about it long enough.

Or at least a revitalized 2099 line that can sustain itself somewhat better and longer than the original did, though the original was kneecapped by Marvel executives firing Joey Cavalieri as a "cost-cutting measure" while the entire company was going bankrupt and all the writers walked off in disgust with said executives and solidarity with Cavalieri. That said, while none of the subsequent revivals have quite hit the spot, one issue is that you can't really capture lightning in a bottle twice, even if a lot of the cyberpunk genre that Marvel 2099 incorporated into a superhero setting is increasingly truer to real life, maybe too true for comfort when you sit down and think about it long enough.
    This is why I am glad that the original Miguel O'Hara got his happy ending with Tempest and their son Gabriel during Spencer's run on Amazing while a new Miguel took over in the rebooted future. And yeah, it is pretty creepy once you think about how close we are to 2099's setting.

This is why I am glad that the original Miguel O'Hara got his happy ending with Tempest and their son Gabriel during Spencer's run on Amazing while a new Miguel took over in the rebooted future. And yeah, it is pretty creepy once you think about how close we are to 2099's setting.
    Uh-huh. We've got just about all the major bits of technology common to cyberpunk fiction either being developed or in production, despite that same cyberpunk fiction telling us that much of that stuff being out there would not be good for society or humanity at large, and the social conditions forewarned by cyberpunk fiction, like corporate machinery taking over damn near every aspect of life and society in the contemporary world, especially the parts that people are dependent on for basic survival and such, and slaving them to the never-ending quest for ever-greater profits. It is quite unsettling.

Any Miguel action in Adjectiveless Spider-Man #6 today?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Yup...along with Mayday for a total of two panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Yup...along with Mayday for a total of two panels.
    Alas, yeah.

Alas, yeah.
    Sigh...and they got clowned by Spider-Kraven of all people! These two are going to be big stars come June! They need a better showing than this!

Sigh...and they got clowned by Spider-Kraven of all people! These two are going to be big stars come June! They need a better showing than this!

In Spider-Kraven's defense, he is a master hunter who went the subtle route instead of trying to solo them. If he'd beaten them both in a straight-up fight . . . then I'd be disappointed.

In Spider-Kraven's defense, he is a master hunter who went the subtle route instead of trying to solo them. If he'd beaten them both in a straight-up fight . . . then I'd be disappointed.
    True, I guess what we got is better than what you described.

well that saves me a bit of money.

Why am I not surprised when it comes to Spider-Verse events...though PAD's tie-in to the original was more on-point than the main story.

New still of Miguel from ATSV!

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-02-2023 at 02:53 PM.