Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    They had those ATSV Funkos at my LCS, I managed to snag a Spider-Man 2099 for my collection. Looks nice!
    Very cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

will have to keep an eye out for that funko

also, less than a week until Dark Genesis starts!

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    will have to keep an eye out for that funko

also, less than a week until Dark Genesis starts!
    Indeed. Have you seen the preview of the first issue yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Have you seen the preview of the first issue yet?
    I have not! But today's the day, so I'll see the issue soon one either way!

just read the issue! Oh man. Lot going on there.

spoilers:
    so Spider-Woman is an alien named Sivern, who was inspired by Miguel.
    Venom in this is Alea, from the Amazing Spider-Man 2099 Companion stories.
    Jax J. Jameson has a byline column on AlcheNews Online.
    Carnage's host is one Michael Erick, former Black Card holder and Alchemax bigwig (of course).
    Zero and Moon Knight are now awake and going to get involved.
    And in addition to Blade 2099 debuting in the next issue we're apparently getting introduced to Flipside 3.0!?

This seems to pick up immediately after the end of Exodus, with Miguel and Sivern out on patrol, with riots breaking out in the wake of the Black Card system being no more.

man, what a wild ride.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

This was pretty interesting...a little gross though, but it definitely has a 90's vibe to it. I am just surprised we haven't gotten a Carnage 2099 until now. I am glad its a Weekly, I don't think I can wait another month for good stuff.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

just read the issue! Oh man. Lot going on there.

spoilers:
    so Spider-Woman is an alien named Sivern, who was inspired by Miguel.
    Venom in this is Alea, from the Amazing Spider-Man 2099 Companion stories.
    Jax J. Jameson has a byline column on AlcheNews Online.
    Carnage's host is one Michael Erick, former Black Card holder and Alchemax bigwig (of course).
    Zero and Moon Knight are now awake and going to get involved.
    And in addition to Blade 2099 debuting in the next issue we're apparently getting introduced to Flipside 3.0!?

This seems to pick up immediately after the end of Exodus, with Miguel and Sivern out on patrol, with riots breaking out in the wake of the Black Card system being no more.

man, what a wild ride.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    This was pretty interesting...a little gross though, but it definitely has a 90's vibe to it. I am just surprised we haven't gotten a Carnage 2099 until now. I am glad its a Weekly, I don't think I can wait another month for good stuff.
    Indeed. And it's Carnage. Wouldn't be Carnage if it wasn't bloody gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. And it's Carnage. Wouldn't be Carnage if it wasn't bloody gross.
    These are facts.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

I appreciate that Carnage 2099 has a new look. And that Venom has kept the 2099-style chest spider, contrary to what's on the covers. Wish she'd kept the eyes too, but eh it's whatever.

I appreciate that Carnage 2099 has a new look. And that Venom has kept the 2099-style chest spider, contrary to what's on the covers. Wish she'd kept the eyes too, but eh it's whatever.
    You see the new ATSV teaser yet? New Miguel scene with Peter and Mayday, it's pretty funny.

picked up Dark Tomorrow, we'll see how it goes heh. Reading the first couple chapters, I guess this is going to be very Araña-centric, which eh I figured as much. Wonder when Miguel is gonna show up...

about halfway through and not really feeling it.

spoilers:
    Miggy & Lyla don't show up until about a quarter of the way in and so far 2099, sorry, 2105 has been largely set dressing that hasn't really been taken advantage of in any meaningful way. The main baddy of the piece is Judas Traveler, of all people, and we've had fights with Stegron and Demogoblin. Setup for this version of Miguel is that he was stuck in the past for a while before returning to 2099, only to find that Gabe now was obsessed with/hated Spider-Man, eventually finding out that Traveler had manipulated Gabe into being The Goblin. Gabe is dead, Dana's left Miguel, his mother disappeared, and he's been CEO of Alchemax for about half a decade, giving up being Spider-Man because he's sick of losing loved ones. Traveler's plan involves harvesting the wasted potential of both Miggy and Anya, getting them off the path they were supposed to be on as heroes, and using that energy to (big sigh) summon Morlun. It's all... .fine. I guess. It's just not grabbing me.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Miggy & Lyla don't show up until about a quarter of the way in and so far 2099, sorry, 2105 has been largely set dressing that hasn't really been taken advantage of in any meaningful way. The main baddy of the piece is Judas Traveler, of all people, and we've had fights with Stegron and Demogoblin. Setup for this version of Miguel is that he was stuck in the past for a while before returning to 2099, only to find that Gabe now was obsessed with/hated Spider-Man, eventually finding out that Traveler had manipulated Gabe into being The Goblin. Gabe is dead, Dana's left Miguel, his mother disappeared, and he's been CEO of Alchemax for about half a decade, giving up being Spider-Man because he's sick of losing loved ones. Traveler's plan involves harvesting the wasted potential of both Miggy and Anya, getting them off the path they were supposed to be on as heroes, and using that energy to (big sigh) summon Morlun. It's all... .fine. I guess. It's just not grabbing me.
    end of spoilers
    I guess I can skip it, then. The story sounds a little depressing to be honest.

Like, I'm still reading it. So I guess it's engaging enough for that at least. But it's not terribly interesting.

picked up Dark Tomorrow, we'll see how it goes heh. Reading the first couple chapters, I guess this is going to be very Araña-centric, which eh I figured as much. Wonder when Miguel is gonna show up...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Like, I'm still reading it. So I guess it's engaging enough for that at least. But it's not terribly interesting.
    Fair enough. Hopefully it picks up as it gets closer to the climax or conclusion.