Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Is it bad that I can’t stand the “new 2099” they’ve been doing the last several years? I loved the OG version and I really tried to like this because Miguel is one of my all time favorite characters…. But I just couldn’t get into it. I did enjoy him being stuck in the present, but I hated that other costume he was in.. when he went back to 2099, it didn’t feel like the same setting to me..

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Is it bad that I can’t stand the “new 2099” they’ve been doing the last several years? I loved the OG version and I really tried to like this because Miguel is one of my all time favorite characters…. But I just couldn’t get into it. I did enjoy him being stuck in the present, but I hated that other costume he was in.. when he went back to 2099, it didn’t feel like the same setting to me..
    That's because it isn't (quite) the same setting. Earth-2099 is a merging of pretty much all the versions of 2099 that have been published since the original 2099 line. While I am a bit confused at how everything ultimately lines up, I'm fine, at least in theory, with Orlando fleshing out more of the 2099 setting by introducing or reintroducing other characters, since at this point, we're pretty familiar with Miguel already, and there's more to Marvel 2099 than just him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Rick Leonardi's original concept artwork for Spider-Man 2099:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Interview with Steve Orlando about Miguel O'Hara: Spider-Man 2099 featuring a first look at issues #1 and #2:

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/st...-interview/#12
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Interview with Steve Orlando about Miguel O'Hara: Spider-Man 2099 featuring a first look at issues #1 and #2:

This looks promising!!! Love that they're aiming to go for more of a horror-tinged angle this time around with Miguel.

Rick Leonardi's original concept artwork for Spider-Man 2099:

Never in a million years would I have drawn this character without eye lenses, yet they did and it absolutely rocks. Iím
    impressed at how it all came together.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    This looks promising!!! Love that they're aiming to go for more of a horror-tinged angle this time around with Miguel.
    Cyberpunk horror could be a hell of a lot of fun.

Can't wait to see what's next on 2099 team-up .

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Steve Orlando penned issues are just a mini right? The ones we saw covers with Man-Thing, Werwolf by Night and Terror Inc, right?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Steve Orlando penned issues are just a mini right? The ones we saw covers with Man-Thing, Werwolf by Night and Terror Inc, right?
    Yeah, it's a weekly like the last one was.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    What I thought. Trade waiting.
    Frankly Spine-Tingling SM I should've trade waited. I'm in regret mode on that one but going to see it through.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I seriously think we are going to get an Earth-6160 Miguel O'Hara at some point:

I seriously think we are going to get an Earth-6160 Miguel O'Hara at some point:

Shock, yeah!

Symbiote Spider-Man 2099 is finally slated for release in March!

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/21/pe...ider-man-2099/

PAD is back !