Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 380
  1. #31
    Mighty Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    I thought the original Miguel (in that HORRIBLE costume.. seriously, don’t mess with the best) “died” and was brought back by Strange 2099 to start a new Defenders. The clock struck 12 and it was officially 2100. I couldn’t digest the remake one… only the original interested me. If this is the original (or a splinter timeline of the original, which Exiles and Slott’s versions are, as opposed to Manifest Destiny who is the original) then I’m in. If it’s the revised version, I’m out.

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I thought the original Miguel (in that HORRIBLE costume.. seriously, don’t mess with the best) “died” and was brought back by Strange 2099 to start a new Defenders. The clock struck 12 and it was officially 2100. I couldn’t digest the remake one… only the original interested me. If this is the original (or a splinter timeline of the original, which Exiles and Slott’s versions are, as opposed to Manifest Destiny who is the original) then I’m in. If it’s the revised version, I’m out.
    The 2100 ending is what someone once described as "Rushed PAD ending that Marvel ignores", and it's basically what happened, since that part was ignored when Miguel showed up in Spencer's 2099 arc.

    Similarly, Peter David's run on Scarlet Spidey had the ending where Ben becomes evil and kills Kaine ignored too in Spider-Geddon too, wonder how many times that kind of thing happens.

  3. #33
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The 2100 ending is what someone once described as "Rushed PAD ending that Marvel ignores", and it's basically what happened, since that part was ignored when Miguel showed up in Spencer's 2099 arc.

    Similarly, Peter David's run on Scarlet Spidey had the ending where Ben becomes evil and kills Kaine ignored too in Spider-Geddon too, wonder how many times that kind of thing happens.
    And both involve PAD books...huh.

  4. #34

    Default

    anything new on the horizon for Miguel in the comics?

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    anything new on the horizon for Miguel in the comics?
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-spider-ma...pha-meteorite/

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    anything new on the horizon for Miguel in the comics?
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-spider-ma...pha-meteorite/
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  7. #37
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    21,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Cool, you both posted it at roughly the same time. Good looking-out, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It looks pretty cool art-wise

  9. #39
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    21,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    It looks pretty cool art-wise
    Indeed, it does.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  10. #40

    Default

    so how many years has Miguel been at this? Is it '2099" still, or 2105, or what?

  11. #41
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    21,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so how many years has Miguel been at this? Is it '2099" still, or 2105, or what?
    Still 2099.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5,685

    Default

    2100 got retcon
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Early reviews are in and it's much better than the reviews for ASM and look at that when you tell a well rounded story with quality and not shock value. People like it better

  14. #44
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    21,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Early reviews are in and it's much better than the reviews for ASM and look at that when you tell a well rounded story with quality and not shock value. People like it better
    Sounds very promising so far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  15. #45
    Mighty Member Webhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Anyone been reading 2099 Exodus?

    I appreciate the world building and focus on 2099, while the dialogue and the padding that setting up characters is causing could use some work tbh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •