Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Does anyone know if Leah Williams is dating or married and if so to who?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    If so, then = Ugh.

I wish they'd keep her away.

They drop good writers like Bunn but insist on keeping her around...
    Bunn was terrible

Leah is a good writer. There was heavy interference in the ToM
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-08-2021 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Editorial didn't make her write a poorly paced, overly verbose X-Factor book where every character had the EXACT same voice, like a snarky teenage girl chatting like she's typing on social media.
    It's weid how people made it up that all problems on Williams writing is editorial fault just because the writer said something about one editor.
    They should at least stand this courtesy to other writers too, editors also screw up other writers.

Well gee wiz, this thread's a real bummer.

The polarizing opinions of Leah's writing, paired with reactive counter comments comparing talent is proof positive that mileage varies from reader to reader and perhaps people should simply grant more grace to both the creatives and their fans because not every piece of Marvel content (X or otherwise) is going to appeal to every reader and that's perfectly fine.
    Additionally, these creatives are people churning out content at fever pitch speeds, and sometimes it slaps and sometimes it flops. I really enjoyed the X-Men Gold Annual, her What If one shots, and I fell problematically in love with X-Factor, but X-tremists didn't land the same for me as it did for others. I thought Bunn's Magneto stuff was a good time, but I didn't really jive with his subsequent Uncanny run. Bendis, Gillen, Ewing, Carey -- all big league rock star talents but some stories just don't grip my hair every time, y'know?
    Folks act like they're contractually obligated by Marvel to read Leah's work despite their disapproval of her bibliography. Free yourself of these illusory chains, babes. Where there's a will there is a way, and other self actualizing platitudes. Just save your time and save your mon-- oh who am I kidding. People are just gonna pirate and complain about the quality of the content they feel irrationally entitled to despite side stepping any monetary investment. The impulse to rage is far too strong.

Eat a sandwich. Masturbate. Your lil' demon needs attention stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    It's weid how people made it up that all problems on Williams writing is editorial fault just because the writer said something about one editor.
    They should at least stand this courtesy to other writers too, editors also screw up other writers.
    I don’t see how that’s weird… if other writers came out and said that editorial screwed with their work I’m sure people would take a similar stance. It doesn’t excuse bad writing, but it’s an explanation as to why certain story decisions don’t make any sense.

Edit: and Fokken just shared the whole truth with that post! Close the thread mods

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, Spencer got no slack despite being f'ed over by editorial IIRC.Then again most don't say much, it's revealed way latter.Leah went ahead and took the leap and thankfully/hopefully didn't face backlash from Marvel.

I get it, not judging her on TOM or the last issue fo X-factor.Only by her early work and not a fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Well gee wiz, this thread's a real bummer.

The polarizing opinions of Leah's writing, paired with reactive counter comments comparing talent is proof positive that mileage varies from reader to reader and perhaps people should simply grant more grace to both the creatives and their fans because not every piece of Marvel content (X or otherwise) is going to appeal to every reader and that's perfectly fine.
    Additionally, these creatives are people churning out content at fever pitch speeds, and sometimes it slaps and sometimes it flops. I really enjoyed the X-Men Gold Annual, her What If one shots, and I fell problematically in love with X-Factor, but X-tremists didn't land the same for me as it did for others. I thought Bunn's Magneto stuff was a good time, but I didn't really jive with his subsequent Uncanny run. Bendis, Gillen, Ewing, Carey -- all big league rock star talents but some stories just don't grip my hair every time, y'know?
    Folks act like they're contractually obligated by Marvel to read Leah's work despite their disapproval of her bibliography. Free yourself of these illusory chains, babes. Where there's a will there is a way, and other self actualizing platitudes. Just save your time and save your mon-- oh who am I kidding. People are just gonna pirate and complain about the quality of the content they feel irrationally entitled to despite side stepping any monetary investment. The impulse to rage is far too strong.

Eat a sandwich. Masturbate. Your lil' demon needs attention stat.
    Yeah, goes for everything.People will complain about books being cancelled/bad writers/delays etc. and Batman getting 60 titles, and call Marvel/DC biased when they pirate which is just wrong.Pirating is what makes those problems happen in the first place.

Tbf as someone who stopped buying excalibur(for the most part) I left those threads.This one is about a new book by her and it's understandable that people want character to be treated w/ better writing, if they are buying it ofc.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 12-08-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t see how that’s weird… if other writers came out and said that editorial screwed with their work I’m sure people would take a similar stance. It doesn’t excuse bad writing, but it’s an explanation as to why certain story decisions don’t make any sense.

Edit: and Fokken just shared the whole truth with that post! Close the thread mods
    Writers won't simply say it because they don't want to be blacklisted. Williams only say something minor about one issue, now everyone is saying that editors are screwing up her comics.
    For people who understand how comics are made it is very nosense. Editors can also make comics better.
    People are taking sides being blind

Bunns X-Men Blue was awful. Probably up there with BOtA

X-factor was fine. The last issue had editorial interference

Extraordinary Member

Writers won't simply say it because they don't want to be blacklisted. Williams only say something minor about one issue, now everyone is saying that editors are screwing up her comics.
    For people who understand how comics are made it is very nosense. Editors can also make comics better.
    Yeah, I don't get how last issue of X-factor having editorial interference has turned into an excuse for any criticism.She still wrote the rest and even TOM the dialogue is written by her, and none of it is even decent.

Again for those who like it I hope their favs get Leah, and those who don't get someone else.A win-win

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Bunns X-Men Blue was awful. Probably up there with BOtA

X-factor was fine. The last issue had editorial interference
    X-men Blue was full of editorial interference. X-factor I dropped early

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get how last issue of X-factor having editorial interference has turned into an excuse for any criticism.She still wrote the rest and even TOM the dialogue is written by her, and none of it is even decent.

Again for those who like it I hope their favs get Leah, and those who don't get someone else.A win-win
    I'm excited about the rumours of Ram V and Gillen. So I hope everyone get some

What is Ram V?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    What is Ram V?
    The fifth Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The fifth Ram.
    Aww crumbs. I gotta read up on Rams one through four unless Gillen opens with some heavy exposition.

Extraordinary Member

X-men Blue was full of editorial interference. X-factor I dropped early

I'm excited about the rumours of Ram V and Gillen. So I hope everyone get some
    God yes, both of them are amazing writers.

Uhhh she said her series got cancelled last minute and the last issue included dialogue and art she'd never seen. Every month I see people complain and say "How exactly is this a Trial" and "why is this an event" when she didn't even choose the name Trial of Magneto or plan on writing an event book. That all being said... TOM is terrible and I do think a better writer could have elevated the material. It's not that hard to have empathy over the situation and also be critical of the writing.

If Percy comes out and says that editorial messed with the back half of X-Force and changed the story I'm not suddenly going to like the series or the writing, but I'm also not gonna rag on him because clearly some things would be out of his control.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-08-2021 at 07:48 AM.