Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Quoted for truth! I want Rachel on Excalibur, that'd be super interesting. And don't get me started on the Krakoan pantheon thing. Ever since she mentioned that on 'Battle Of The Atom' it's been rattling around my skull.
    I think that Rachel will be in Knights of X, which sounds like Tini Howard's sequel to Excalibur. She's dropped way too many hints about this for it to not pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Betsy/Saturnyne or Betsy/Rachel on Excalibur... I want it.
    I'll do you one better - Rachel/Elizabeth/Saturnyne in Knights of X.
    I seem to remember Ray and Opal having a lot of chemistry in the old Excalibur. And of course Howard has been pushing the Betsy/Opal and the Betsy/Ray angles hard in her Excalibur. It's time for it all to pay off.

Trial of Magneto has been terrible but I really enjoyed X-Factor so I'm willing to give Leah another chance. It really does seem like she got screwed by editorial; tale as old as time.

Maaaan if she's writing Betsy then I'm gonna have to drop my fave. That's crazy. X-Tremists, X-Factor, and Trial have all been pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    If so, then = Ugh.

I wish they'd keep her away.

They drop good writers like Bunn but insist on keeping her around...
    Right!!! Whatever book she is put on, I'm not buying it. Even if I love the characters/roster I won't buy it. She's just that bad to me.

Same goes for Tini Howard. Leah and Tini are the two worst current writers in the whole stable, but they keep getting multiple books, and BIG books at that.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I think that Rachel will be in Knights of X, which sounds like Tini Howard's sequel to Excalibur. She's dropped way too many hints about this for it to not pay off.
    I hope you're right. Rachel could bring some levity to the cast that, IMHO, the Excalibur book definitely needed.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Trial of Magneto has been terrible but I really enjoyed X-Factor so I'm willing to give Leah another chance. It really does seem like she got screwed by editorial; tale as old as time.
    I'm with you on that. I haven't hated Trial of Magneto, at least not to the degree that others clearly have, but I was really hoping it would be more than it is. I really enjoyed X-Factor, it was a quirky and queer investigation book and I am here for that.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 12-07-2021 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The Red Dragon

I would be ok if she never wrote an xbook again. Please don’t try to console me

Extraordinary Member

Just adding to the chorus here that I won't read anything she writers specially before reviews

Ill give it a a chance. A book that is bad from editorial doesn't count when it comes to a wrtier's showcase.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Ill give it a a chance. A book that is bad from editorial doesn't count when it comes to a wrtier's showcase.
    Editorial didn't make her write a poorly paced, overly verbose X-Factor book where every character had the EXACT same voice, like a snarky teenage girl chatting like she's typing on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Editorial didn't make her write a poorly paced, overly verbose X-Factor book where every character had the EXACT same voice, like a snarky teenage girl chatting like she's typing on social media.
    Agree to disagree then.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

Here’s an idea, put Spurrier on Knights of X. I’d take him on Marvel UK related stuff over either of them, and I liked X-factor.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Gotta agree with the sentiments express here, I've never been a fan of Williams' work since that Emma one shot.

Personally, her writing often projects what she thinks motives a character opposed to anything remotely familiar in their histories', or past experiences. She doesn't imo, take enough time developing a character into this "new" space before she starts writing them and more often than not she deconstructs characters without any thought in how to make them whole again. Looking at her portrayal of Lorna that never got a decent pay off.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This thread is close to 3 pages without someone correcting the op, Leah was talking about some indie book she's working on not the x-men: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/magi...w-x-men-comic/

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Gotta agree with the sentiments express here, I've never been a fan of Williams' work since that Emma one shot.

Personally, her writing often projects what she thinks motives a character opposed to anything remotely familiar in their histories', or past experiences. She doesn't imo, take enough time developing a character into this "new" space before she starts writing them and more often than not she deconstructs characters without any thought in how to make them whole again. Looking at her portrayal of Lorna that never got a decent pay off.
    These are my biggest two issues with her writing. Lorna was torn down hard in X-Factor #4 without working with previous much more massive trauma, so she came off like a 16-year-old learning about death for the first time rather than a veteran having their trauma retriggered by some new much smaller event. It was hard to read, and she didn't really have time in the issue or after to balance the scales for what was inflicted.

Then she deconstructed Magneto and Lorna's relationship without taking care to understand what it was beforehand. No, it wasn't Magneto trying to 'break and own her'. She crafted the relationship dynamics out of what she thought it should be without really working with anything akin to how they interacted before. I suspect a small band aid may be put on the damage in the final issue of ToM, but again the scale of damage isn't balanced out.

But all that being said I wish her the best in her future writing endeavors.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-07-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This thread is close to 3 pages without someone correcting the op, Leah was talking about some indie book she's working on not the x-men: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/magi...w-x-men-comic/
    Thank you, I knew it sounded weird and not something in the x-world.
    Close the thread!