Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

If so, then = Ugh.

I wish they'd keep her away.

They drop good writers like Bunn but insist on keeping her around...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I have a sneaking suspicion she’s taking over Excalibur, which I’m not opposed to. I just hope it’s X-Tremists Leah, and not Trial of Magneto Leah.

All-New Member

This is in portuguese which translates to "Magic, X-Files and Lesbians". I googled this and she actually used these words to describe another comic she did in 2019, r(ender).

I didn't hear the podcast but it seems strange that she'd use the same line to describe a new X-men book.
    Last edited by zgunslinger; 12-06-2021 at 09:48 AM. Reason: missed word

Trial of Magneto is one of the worst cases of editorial interferences in a while. X-Factor had been relatively solid and smooth with in the line. Magneto has no trial. And though Inferno is better the rehash titles is sloppy AF.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

baumblume

Ugh. ´poor xmen

Astonishing Member

Magic, lesbians, given its last issue I imagine it’s Excalibur. Might be an interesting choice, could flop harder for me than the current run but I’m at least willing to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by zgunslinger View Post
    This is in portuguese which translates to "Magic, X-Files and Lesbians". I googled this and she actually used these words to describe another comic she did in 2019, r(ender).

I didn't hear the podcast but it seems strange that she'd use the same line to describe a new X-men book.
    I expect this is r(ender) getting off the ground again. IIRC, issues with the publisher and then Covid meant the first issue had to be resolicited.

Either way, I do hope Williams gets a new book post relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    If so, then = Ugh.

Right!!! Whatever book she is put on, I'm not buying it. Even if I love the characters/roster I won't buy it. She's just that bad to me.

Same goes for Tini Howard. Leah and Tini are the two worst current writers in the whole stable, but they keep getting multiple books, and BIG books at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    If so, then = Ugh.

Bunn was terrible

Leah is a good writer. There was heavy interference in the ToM
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-08-2021 at 03:51 AM.

Well gee wiz, this thread's a real bummer.

The polarizing opinions of Leah's writing, paired with reactive counter comments comparing talent is proof positive that mileage varies from reader to reader and perhaps people should simply grant more grace to both the creatives and their fans because not every piece of Marvel content (X or otherwise) is going to appeal to every reader and that's perfectly fine.
    Additionally, these creatives are people churning out content at fever pitch speeds, and sometimes it slaps and sometimes it flops. I really enjoyed the X-Men Gold Annual, her What If one shots, and I fell problematically in love with X-Factor, but X-tremists didn't land the same for me as it did for others. I thought Bunn's Magneto stuff was a good time, but I didn't really jive with his subsequent Uncanny run. Bendis, Gillen, Ewing, Carey -- all big league rock star talents but some stories just don't grip my hair every time, y'know?
    Folks act like they're contractually obligated by Marvel to read Leah's work despite their disapproval of her bibliography. Free yourself of these illusory chains, babes. Where there's a will there is a way, and other self actualizing platitudes. Just save your time and save your mon-- oh who am I kidding. People are just gonna pirate and complain about the quality of the content they feel irrationally entitled to despite side stepping any monetary investment. The impulse to rage is far too strong.

Eat a sandwich. Masturbate. Your lil' demon needs attention stat.