Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

If so, then = Ugh.

I wish they'd keep her away.

They drop good writers like Bunn but insist on keeping her around...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I have a sneaking suspicion she’s taking over Excalibur, which I’m not opposed to. I just hope it’s X-Tremists Leah, and not Trial of Magneto Leah.

All-New Member

This is in portuguese which translates to "Magic, X-Files and Lesbians". I googled this and she actually used these words to describe another comic she did in 2019, r(ender).

I didn't hear the podcast but it seems strange that she'd use the same line to describe a new X-men book.
    Last edited by zgunslinger; 12-06-2021 at 09:48 AM. Reason: missed word

Trial of Magneto is one of the worst cases of editorial interferences in a while. X-Factor had been relatively solid and smooth with in the line. Magneto has no trial. And though Inferno is better the rehash titles is sloppy AF.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

baumblume

Ugh. ´poor xmen

Astonishing Member

Magic, lesbians, given its last issue I imagine it’s Excalibur. Might be an interesting choice, could flop harder for me than the current run but I’m at least willing to give it a shot.

baumblume

I wish they'd keep her away form pietro and lorna.

I decided to be an idiot and translate this myself, then double-check my translations with my mom. Only after I got to the end of the article did I realize I could have just saved myself some time and just listen to the podcast.

I like Williams. (Not so much her comedy, though. It's... yeah.) I'm glad to see she's still going to be relevant going forward. If it's a new X-Factor, I imagine it'll go back to exploring Trevor's magic thing from the last issue, and the team will be looking into magic-related threats. If she ends up getting Excalibur or something, then that might be even better; she's had some interesting ideas and lore, which would be great for developing Otherworld. The Excalibur cast desperately needs a writer who can balance a team. And I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel joins the team or hooks up with Betsy.

Either way, can we get that Krakoan pantheon going? I'm in love with the idea.
    Last edited by Rift; 12-06-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by zgunslinger View Post
    This is in portuguese which translates to "Magic, X-Files and Lesbians". I googled this and she actually used these words to describe another comic she did in 2019, r(ender).

I didn't hear the podcast but it seems strange that she'd use the same line to describe a new X-men book.
    I expect this is r(ender) getting off the ground again. IIRC, issues with the publisher and then Covid meant the first issue had to be resolicited.

Either way, I do hope Williams gets a new book post relaunch.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I wish they'd keep her away form pietro and lorna.
    Same. Duggan’s Lorna is the gold standard for me in this new era.

Incredible Member

Ugh it just screams excalibur. Didn’t like her take on betsy in extremists.

Her and tini tends to anchor betsy in a vulnerability place I sincerely find really off character.

Betsy/Saturnyne or Betsy/Rachel on Excalibur... I want it.

Lets hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    The Excalibur cast desperately needs a writer who can balance a team. And I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel joins the team or hooks up with Betsy.

Either way, can we get that Krakoan pantheon going? I'm in love with the idea.
    Quoted for truth!

I want Rachel on Excalibur, that'd be super interesting. And don't get me started on the Krakoan pantheon thing. Ever since she mentioned that on 'Battle Of The Atom' it's been rattling around my skull.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.