Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I have very high hopes for 'The Labors of Magik' story. The title alone implies a story of mythic proportions, and a battle between the Darkchylde and the Goblyn Queen is decades overdo. These 2 characters have never interacted on panel ever despite being the center of one of the most important X-Men events ever. And despite how many appearances she's made the last 2 years, there hasn't been a story that was focused specifically on Magik in the Krakoa era. The last 2 Ed Brisson issues of New Mutants are the closest there's been to a story that's about her, but those are more about Glob and Doug, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Severe lack of good writing talent , specially for the overarching story crafted by Hickman which they turned into a Wolverine solo thing as soon as he left
    100 % agreed! It just really exposed just how lacking in creativity, like you allude to, this office is! You almost get the feeling the leadership saw that Hickman was doing so much to try to inject new concepts in, and allow other characters to be incorporated in a broad and interesting way. They realize this, got scared, and made a hard left back to same old stale characterizations and narratives that was slowly suffocating the books. Cool if they want "Batman " the hell out of the same few characters. Its whatever. I don't believe this is going to end well.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I never have any hope so im never disappointed.
    Same here. Especially now that we know why everything felt like it was in a holding pattern, which resulted in Hickman leaving.

I'll just check out what looks interesting, when they come out.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And other than a handful of exceptions (most of which are there to fill space) that never changed at all, and it's STILL the same big names drawing the focus.

As far as who I'm personally worried about, the New X-Men will continue to slide further into the irrelevancy of Generic Teen Wallpaper now that Krakoa has wiped out the last vestiges of what defined their generation and set them apart from the previous ones.
    Yup, basically.

My only hopes are that Williams and Spurrier will be able to tell whatever they want to tell without being interrupted, and that Ewing's new series will feature underexposed characters.

My fear: as usual, that the first victims of the next event/statu quo change will be some X-Kids once again.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Same here. Especially now that we know why everything felt like it was in a holding pattern, which resulted in Hickman leaving.

I'll just check out what looks interesting, when they come out.
    I try not to think about it too often, but the whole "We basically had our books going through the motions while we planned for Hickman's departure" thing really bugs me. Like I'm glad that they (apparently) have new and exciting things coming up, but how am I supposed to trust an office that was fine feeding us glorified filler for months. That's not to say there weren't good books coming out, but it's clear that editorial wasn't pushing the more lackluster books to be more innovative.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    My fear: as usual, that the first victims of the next event/statu quo change will be some X-Kids once again.
    That's why my signature is a thing.

Spectacular Member

Colossus.

I’m always worried about Colossus.

Astonishing Member

More obscure with this one but I’m worried they are going to continue to have Mad Jim Jaspers be a jokey reality warper who just sits around running his fairy market. Mad Jim has always been one of my favorite marvel villains, but he’s mostly been used for comedy, I don’t see that changing of Howard is still writing the UK/Otherworld set X-books, and it’s disappointing. I suppose at least he’s not going to be a jobber like they are setting up the Fury to be.

Astonishing Member

Selene, I'm pretty astonished that with Krakoa having such a rich and ancient history with Apocalypse no less, there is zero focus on an even older mutant. At this point revealing Selene is a Neo or a proto mutant race (like Gabriel Shepherd) is better than this sound of crickets.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I just really don't want Rictor to be written by Tini Howard anymore.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not worried either about characters or books nor am I harbouring high hopes for certain characters or books. I just hope to continue to be entertained as I have been since HoX 01.

When the final list of books/casts/creatives is revealed then I'll do as I've always done...just buy the books that interest me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

My faves are Wolverine and Cable, and I never worry about the former in terms of appearing somewhere. My only concern with him is that he’s used well and consistently. Overall his adventures in the Krakoan Age have been solid yet unmemorable. Hoping XDoW/XLoW is a great Logan story but honestly have low expectations overall. Could just be a fun Logan story that really amounts to filler as a line-wide event, but they decided to make it such to buy time for the Destiny of X revamp of the line. Regardless, I feel Logan will be fine under Percy. Having solid yet unmemorable adventures.

Cable, on the other hand, I have high hopes for if he remains under Ewing’s pen. I have no doubt he’ll write the character well based on his Cable: Reloaded one-shot. I could, however, see another scenario where Cable goes to X-Force under a different writer. Hopefully he stays with Ewing in Immortal X-men or X-men Red (whichever one ends up being his book).

Other characters I’m concerned about but hoping for good things: Gambit, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Psylocke and Dazzler.

Mighty Member

I’m kinda terrified for everyone. Marvel just seems to hold onto these really bad writers and just reshuffle them. I don’t think the next era will be any more successful than this era. Outside of the main concept nothing in this era blew me away

Just please save Gambit off of Excalibur. PLEASE

Incredible Member

I’m worried about Captain Betsy falling under the pen of another writer who doesn't quite get the character.
    I’m worried about the current stories of the x-books getting ever more complex and hard to keep track on