Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    Hopes

We get more of a focus on character beats. Hickman may have had interesting plots, but a lot of his stories lacked the emotional character beats I like in my X-Books. Hopefully the new books fill that void.

Marvel keep up with the characterisation of Betsy. Excalibur might have not been super popular on this board (or good at handling team dynamics) , but it's done wonders merging the 80's Marvel UK Character with modern day Betsy. It helps I love all the old Alan Moore Captain Britain stuff.

We get pleasantly suprised by a wild strange team line-up. How has a team with Nanny & Orphan-Maker been as good as Hellions?

Rockslide remerges in Otherworld and has been alive this whole time.

Worries

Nightcrawler gets stuck as the awful pious religious characterisation that Spurrier used in Way of X in his Legionnaires title.

Duggan keeps writing Laura as female Logan and she gets stuck in a boring romance with Synch.

The Academy X Kids get left out again or poorly characterised when they do show up. I'm a big fan of Ayala/Reis New Mutants but Anole has been written so poorly there for example.

Marvel keep queerbaiting us with Kate/Rachel/Illyana and/or Dani/Xian/Rahne. Just let these sapphics kiss already.
    I thought Laura calls herself Wolverine..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I thought Laura calls herself Wolverine..
    That doesn't mean she should be ACTING like Logan.

Whatever codename she uses, she's still her own person and should act like it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That doesn't mean she should be ACTING like Logan.

Whatever codename she uses, she's still her own person and should act like it.
    For all intents and purposes she is the female Logan, even as her own person, her characterisation imitates Logan.I hope I can see different, but I doubt that will change.
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-06-2021 at 03:28 PM.

I’m worried about Lin Li.

For all intents and purposes she is the female Logan, even as her own person, her characterisation imitates Logan.I hope I can see different, but I doubt that will change.
    She has her own unique backstory and character development.

When did it imitate Logan? That wasn't the case in All-New Wolverine. I'm less familiar with all the X-23 runs but I gather that wasn't the case in those either.

The only reason she'd act like a female Logan at this pont is bad writing.

Worried about Nightcrawler the most. Spurrier is a good writer but I didn't liked much about his Kurt. I hope he could get better at his characterization.

Astonishing Member

When did it imitate Logan? That wasn't the case in All-New Wolverine. I'm less familiar with all the X-23 runs but I gather that wasn't the case in those either.

Her most recent appearances in the Krakoan age. A lot of people cite Duggan’s current X-men book, I couldn’t say either way because I don’t read it.

Extraordinary Member

Severe lack of good writing talent , specially for the overarching story crafted by Hickman which they turned into a Wolverine solo thing as soon as he left

BANNED

It started under Hopeless in All-New X-Men Volume 2, who completely ignored all of her past characterization and everything Taylor was doing at the same damn time. When he was called out on it, his excuse was that she was deliberately asking WWLD? in every situation. She LITERALLY even said "Something Something Bub" in one issue.

I have high hopes for all the titles, I think I enjoyed every X titles in 2021 except for X-Corp so I’m betting I’m still going to enjoy all the books. Hopefully Percy can move X-Force along better, that is probably my only worry and even then it’s slight.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I'm worried they're keeping the same writers like Percy and Tini Howard, so the book's names may change, but the writing quality will still not be there.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Worries:
    Beast, he became an untrustworthy character and it seems they never decide to flip him to the bad side. Get it over with. Or give him mandatory leave for a few years.
    Kwannon: As she still looks like the original Psylocke. They should give her the name Kwannon and have a different outfit. A combo of the Revanche outfits would be more logic.
    New X-Men, with only Blindfold in the teaser, it worries me.
    Madelyne, as the character has been drained dry, I wonder if they can make her interesting.
    Rogue, not on the teaser worries me. Not that she might not appear (I am sure of that), but apparently, not being focused on.
    X_men 1.5 (Vulcan, Sway, Darwin, Petra) as none of them are on the teaser and they should be getting some time to shine.

Hopes:
    Iceman, as he is prominent on the teaser, it might forecast a bigger role.
    Hope, as she is teased and I find her very interesting.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Worried about Gambit that he will be a wallpaper again in a brand new Howard Knights of X book about Betsy adventures.

Ultimate Member

I perhaps missed Logan's time as a teen hooker. :/

Is his name even still Logan? I thought it was Jimmy or James this decade?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I perhaps missed Logan's time as a teen hooker. :/

Is his name even still Logan? I thought it was Jimmy or James this decade?
    Logan is a late bloomer