Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm with Jordan White on his initial reaction, X-Men Green shouldn't have happened. It's like Duggan had a fever dream during the early pitching for post-HoX stories, Hickman found it funny, and they had space to fill.

And him treating it as more nuanced than Nature Girl just being a crazy maniac who kills people and isn't really doing the environment any favors and the X-Men do the bare minimum to stop her...like, I get there's an issue of moral relativism with Krakoa and all the less than stellar people in charge and with their own agenda's, and how some people enjoy reading that, but come on. Also, Curse is terrible.

Well. OK. Apparently Duggan had been stumping hard for that X-Men: Green story. Yikes.

AIPT: Finally, in the last edition of X-Men Monday, Assistant Editor Lauren Amaro dropped a mention of Immortal X-Men. I think a lot of X-Fans thought that was an accident that slipped through. Can you shed a little more light here?

Jordan: I’ll miss Lauren…

AIPT: [Laughs]

Jordan: No, we’ve teased a lot of things in this column.

AIPT: We teased Sabretooth.

Jordan: Yeah, we teased Victor LaValle being in there. We teased Al Ewing working on books before he ever did. Yeah, we’re happy to. We’ve teased some books that are never going to happen.

AIPT: [Laughs] I remember those too.

Jordan: Again, you’re going to know more later today, so I shouldn’t confirm or deny too much.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

He came to one of our summits and he pitched the entire concept of the first chapter of X-Men Green. The turtle dying and the bag and going through the gate and murder. And again, I was just like, “No, what are you talking about? How could we do that? That’s crazy!” But first of all, Jonathan loved it. Jonathan was like cackling the entire time Gerry was telling it.
    This can be read in multiple ways and a lot of them aren't good.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm with Jordan White on his initial reaction, X-Men Green shouldn't have happened. It's like Duggan had a fever dream during the early pitching for post-HoX stories, Hickman found it funny, and they had space to fill.

And him treating it as more nuanced than Nature Girl just being a crazy maniac who kills people and isn't really doing the environment any favors and the X-Men do the bare minimum to stop her...like, I get there's an issue of moral relativism with Krakoa and all the less than stellar people in charge and with their own agenda's, and how some people enjoy reading that, but come on. Also, Curse is terrible.
    When a story reads like it could with little or no hint of irony be from the guy who drew comics with themes like "Dungeon and Dragons turns kids into demon worshiper", trying to paint environmentalist as murderous psychopaths who actualy harm the environment with their actions, an editor should be worried and reach for the veto stamp asap.

On Green: This sounds like one of those initial ideas where the people who pitched it sort of got a similar vibe from it. A joke in this case. Something that didn’t translate onto the page.

First off Marvel had many chances to course correct this story. They didn’t.

Second it’s hard to do these stories where it’s a particular nuance of humor. If people just don’t find it funny the joke and the story falls flat and wobbles like a dying fish right in front of us. It’s easier when your whole story is meant to be humorous. Mixing it up like this sets you up for a tall challenge. As it is the majority of readers did not find the humor like Hickman and Duggan found. Neither did the story hold up for scrutiny. It just reflects badly on everyone involved.

From the outside it can be hard to understand why no one stopped it. Who thought it was a good idea. I guess this article makes it easier to understand why it was published.

It manages to yet once again lower my opinion about Jordan D White. Though I very much doubt that what I think matters to him. He seems very happy with how things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    AIPT: Finally, in the last edition of X-Men Monday, Assistant Editor Lauren Amaro dropped a mention of Immortal X-Men. I think a lot of X-Fans thought that was an accident that slipped through. Can you shed a little more light here?

Jordan: I’ll miss Lauren…

AIPT: [Laughs]

Jordan: No, we’ve teased a lot of things in this column.

AIPT: We teased Sabretooth.

Jordan: Yeah, we teased Victor LaValle being in there. We teased Al Ewing working on books before he ever did. Yeah, we’re happy to. We’ve teased some books that are never going to happen.

AIPT: [Laughs] I remember those too.

Jordan: Again, you’re going to know more later today, so I shouldn’t confirm or deny too much.
    Did he mean today as in today? Getting kind of late for an announcement. At least if they’re on Eastern Time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Did he mean today as in today? Getting kind of late for an announcement. At least if they’re on Eastern Time.
    It should be today's unless the intern on the Twitter account messed up

What a joke. Didnt really get any insite on to how seriously to take Green.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they're on Pacific Standard Time?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I believe this interview was conducted on Friday, though I may be wrong. In either case, wasn't Friday the day they started dropping the Destiny of X teasers? More than likely, White was referring to those teasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I believe this interview was conducted on Friday, though I may be wrong. In either case, wasn't Friday the day they started dropping the Destiny of X teasers? More than likely, White was referring to those teasers.
    I don't think so. I believe the teasers started to come out on Thursday.

And the editor on X-men Monday wouldn't make this big mistake. They probably just shifted things last minute. What a bummer, I waited all day for this. I don't think it will come out now, it's late for these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    He mentions the teaser images in the question, so I’m hoping this isn’t the case.

Looks like he got his signals crossed. Maybe tomorrow then…