Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    136

    Default Where to start with DC Figures?

    Iím looking to start collecting DC Figures. I recently got the DC Essentials Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) figure and Iím interesting in collecting more but I wasnít sure where to start.

  2. #2
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    25,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    I’m looking to start collecting DC Figures. I recently got the DC Essentials Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) figure and I’m interesting in collecting more but I wasn’t sure where to start.
    Determining a budget might be a good start.

  3. #3
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Determining a budget might be a good start.
    This!!
    There is a LOT to choose from.
    I only chase down Flash characters and it's seriously cost me THOUSANDS.
    The DC Essentials line was pretty good and they gave us some nice character choices.
    The current McFarlane DC stuff is pretty great, but HEAVILY Bat-related.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  4. #4
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    14,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    This!!
    There is a LOT to choose from.
    I only chase down Flash characters and it's seriously cost me THOUSANDS.
    The DC Essentials line was pretty good and they gave us some nice character choices.
    The current McFarlane DC stuff is pretty great, but HEAVILY Bat-related.
    I liked the DC Animated figures Line and the Icons but I think most of these have folded under the McFarlane line if I'm not mistaken?

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,421

    Default

    Start with your favorite character and your favorite version or costume of it and your favorite artist. They have an artist line... or go with the franchise line... such as... there's the game version like the Arkham games, the animated version, or the movie version...

    Then check your budget and just go down from there ^^

  6. #6
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I liked the DC Animated figures Line and the Icons but I think most of these have folded under the McFarlane line if I'm not mistaken?
    They have, which I think was a shame.
    McFarlane's animated Flash figure is awful!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  7. #7
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    7,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Determining a budget might be a good start.
    This is the best advice, no joke.

    Find a cool figure that fits your budget. Everyone would like those fancy Iron Studios statues but don't go wild if you're going to harm yourself doing so. There's some great, much cheaper statues available featuring a whole host of fav favorite characters by excellent artists and sculptors.

    One of my favorites was a HUGE Arthur/Mera piece based on Patrick Gleason's Aquaman #33 cover that cost like $150 and is over a foot tall. Looks great and I'm overjoyed to have it.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  8. #8
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    9,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    They have, which I think was a shame.
    McFarlane's animated Flash figure is awful!
    Oof, Gods yeah. I saw his DCAU Supes, Batman, and GL and I knew that line wasn’t for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •